Madonna To Present GLAAD award to Anderson Coooper

HolidayGuy

I believe the award is for positive media coverage of gay issues, not for what someone does or doesn't do in their personal life. If you watch his show on CNN, he has given a lot of discussion of gay issues long before he himself came out. In fact, I believe GLAAD has given awards to straight people who have played gay roles or done documentaries on gay issues. So whether he's out or not, for how long is not relevant to the award. It's for media coverage of gay issues, not how Anderson conducts his personal life.

QFT!

he endorses the entire housewives crappy franchise

It's not so much this as his douche bagish attitude he has gotten over the last year. He use to seem more humble imo. As for Anderson, he seems too queeny and bitchy on his talk show, leave that to Wendy Williams! I prefer his more serious side on CNN.

Nice.

Makes a change from celebs thinking hanging around with Elton John, mypartnerdavidfurnish, Jake Shears and that lot make you a gay activist.

I fully agree.

I'm pleased Madonna is doing this but, y'know, given how long Anderson Cooper was in the closet for, I'm not sure how meaningful this award really is.

I really don't begrudge someone choosing to keep their private life private. Its not as if AC was leading people to believe he wasn't gay for many years (like Elton John did) or

letting it inform the type of reporting or stories he chose to report.

Of course I may be in the minority here, but I feel that celebrities (especially news hosts) have no responsibility to be a role model unless they choose to.

He chose to wait to come out. I respect that.

Has Madonna ever won this award ( not that awards matter:), since she has pretty much done more for the gays then any other straight or gay person?

Cheers

AC is fine, however.. IMO it should be the other way around and Madonna should get a long deserved award. I think she deserves it more than anderson. I know, he probably choose to stay private about his PRIVATE life (as others here explained before me) but Madonna has done so much for the gay community for over 30 years now.. and she is giving someone ELSE an award? this almost feels like an insult.

Have fun Mensch and report all the details back to us all.

This time it won't be like the W.E. screening where I promised to report back and there was absolutely no reception in the basement of the MOMA theatre. Lol

It's a stupid award because he's been out of the closet for all of 5 minutes. Makes a mockery of the whole thing really. Sorry but it's 2013 and not 1983 - times have changed.

It's a stupid award because he's been out of the closet for all of 5 minutes. Makes a mockery of the whole thing really. Sorry but it's 2013 and not 1983 - times have changed.

I agree, I really like Anderson and I think he's a wonderful journalist, but I think there are far better candidates for this award like for example: former CNN news anchor Thomas Roberts, he ALWAYS covers gay issues on his MSNBC show, he was abused as a child, he has been out since 2005 and he

also married his partner last year after gay marriage was legalized in New York.

Anyway, congrats to Anderson and if the tickets are not that expensive I might go to see the Queen. :wow:

AC is fine, however.. IMO it should be the other way around and Madonna should get a long deserved award. I think she deserves it more than anderson. I know, he probably choose to stay private about his PRIVATE life (as others here explained before me) but Madonna has done so much for the gay community for over 30 years now.. and she is giving someone ELSE an award? this almost feels like an insult.

I agree.

Has Madonna ever won this award ( not that awards matter:), since she has pretty much done more for the gays then any other straight or gay person?

Cheers

No she hasn't! LADY GAGA is the queen of the gays. Her support is organic and authentic. She took a large risk releasing the gay anthem Born This Way. She has marched on Washington for the gays. She and her many millions of monsters were instrumental in getting Don't Ask Don't Tell overturned. Her Born This Way foundation is saving gays lives! She is a hero to the gays and has received many gay accolades for her activism. I don't understand why Madonna is presenting this award? LADY GAGA has won the GLAAD Media award twice!

Lady-Gaga-National-Equality-March-2009-lgbt-8612864-1280-8001.jpg

No she hasn't! LADY GAGA is the queen of the gays. Her support is organic and authentic. She took a large risk releasing the gay anthem Born This Way. She has marched on Washington for the gays. She and her many millions of monsters were instrumental in getting Don't Ask Don't Tell overturned. Her Born This Way foundation is saving gays lives! She is a hero to the gays and has received many gay accolades for her activism. I don't understand why Madonna is presenting this award? LADY GAGA has won the GLAAD Media award twice!

:dead::lmao:

There are no words...

That is THE funniest thing said in 2013. Hands down.

Bahahaha! :rotfl:

How she must have agonised over which costume to wear for her role as gay saviour.

Transparent little FUCK

Guest Rachelle of London

[media=]

[/media]

Good For Her

[media=]

[/media]

That's the funniest post of 2013 so far, thank you!!!

Cocktail Reception & Silent Auction 5:30PM-7:00PM

Dinner & Award Presentation 7:00PM-10:00PM

After Party 10:00PM-12:00AM

Tickets

Premium Seating – Individual Ticket: $1,000.00

Regular Seating – Individual Ticket: $500.00

Premium Seating – Full Table: $10,000.00

Regular Seating – Full Table: $5,000.00

Regular Seating – Half Table: $2,500.00

All guests enjoy silent auction, live auction, dinner, awards ceremony and after party.

OUCH!