MDNA Cordoba - The Power Cut and MORE - **NEW VIDEO**

Jamesy

I've been working away on this - my edit of MDNA Cordoba - and it's done now and it's online.

I went all the way from Belfast in Northern Ireland to Cordoba for the final show cos I just fell in love with this tour after seeing it in Europe and I loved the idea of being at the very last show.

I also just fancied a holiday in some crazy place I'd otherwise probably never go to... :-)

So I went there with more excitement than I can ever remember - and at the back of my mind I would have been hoping the final show had a few surprises, as often happens at final shows!

But then of course we got the biggest fucking surprise ever - the power going off. It was so crazy and so wierd. I will never forget that moment when I just thought "FUCK - THE SCREEN HAS MALFUNCTIONED" (cos I was filming the show off the screen).

But then as I realised the sound had gone too - I started thinking WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???

It was eery. I was way outside the GT at that point - and the place was in darkness and in the distance we could see Madonna and the dancers doing something - but it all seemed too strange.

Anyway - the whole thing was just mind blowing. And the people I met in Argentina and the previous week in Chile were just the most friendly, beautiful, helpful people you could ever imagine. I had the holiday of my lifetime.

Here's how I want to remember the Cordoba show - this is what was in my mind the next day and for all the time since the show. I tried real hard to put it all together like this lol!

Great video....love the dogs! I remember someone saying about dogs in South America everywhere. Hope they had fun too :lol:

BTW - I just responded to the video on YT with my own video if you're happy to share :)

Edited by San

Great video thank you for sharing! :wow: The Argentinian fans were indeed very civilized and understood that the power outage wasn't M's fault. If that had happened here in the USA, I'm sure many queens would have vilified Madonna... Latin America REALLY has a LOT of devoted Madonna fans and it looks like you had a great time.

I think I'm get a bit emotional haha (no I'm kidding). It really was an amazing show, especially for my first time. I miss logging on and hearing all the news about the show from the previous night. I can't wait for the DVD

Amazing video as ever Jamesy! Expertly edited. You have to do this for every date of the next tour mate! Love the bit at the end with the guy mocking you for missing her crying - too funny! ;-)

Great video! It was almost like watching Truth Or Dare, very dramatic and nice footage.

Love you for saying that. Thank you so much.

Love all of you who liked it and said such nice things about my video.

It was a labour of love putting it together and now to have people watch it and get something great out of it - it means everything to me!!!

Jamesy when was Madonna crying? During Like a Virgin?

Any footage of that somewhere?

Oh and thank you again !!!

Jamesy when was Madonna crying? During Like a Virgin?

Any footage of that somewhere?

Oh and thank you again !!!

Hey - the guy you hear at the end, I think he was just trying to wind me up - I don't think she was crying that night on stage.

He told me that she had cried as she spoke to fans when the power went off. At that particular moment I was not in the Gold Triangle to see for myself - I was away much further back - in the Gold Circle filming one of the big video screens (which of course were off during the power failure).

So in the video you see exactly what myself and most of the stadium saw when the power failed - the video screen goes green briefly and then goes completely off. I just turned my camera then towards the stage to see what was going on but I was quite a distance away and I was just looking at a tiny camera screen not really knowing what exactly was happening.

Once Madonna had left the stage (about 10 minutes after the power failed) I quickly went to the Gold Triangle - and that's when the guy you hear on the video says "you missed Madonna crying". I think he was just joking with me - but at that point I didn't know for sure. Later when I watched back my footage of what was going on during the power cut I could see that she didn't look as if she had been crying at any point. Indeed fans who were right up in front of her during all that said she was definitely not crying. I dunno!

I stayed in the GT then until the power came back on - and although I planned on returning to the GC just before the show re-started (so that I could resume my filming from the giant screen lol!) the guy who you can hear on my video (who I only met for the first time that day but I'm now friends with) - he kept saying I should stay in the GT for at least "Vogue" (if not the rest of the show).

So I stayed for "Vogue" - thinking it would be really important to capture her face up-close as she re-started the show after such an unprecedented and unusual incident. And that's why the "Vogue" footage in my video is different from all the rest of the concert footage - it's filmed directly from within the GT.

I was very lucky - because what I didn't realise until towards the end of "Vogue" was that the giant video screens did not come on again when the concert restarted and indeed were completely black throughout all of "Vogue". So if I had stuck to my original plan I'd not have got any decent video footage of that pivotal moment (Madonna re-appearing after the blackout).

The video screens eventually came on shortly after Candy Shop started and at that point I left to go back to the GC!