Madonna's 2013 Oscar Party

Mat.Guy

Look at the madonna vs gaga feud-- I believed m has the upper hand. At the end of the day, m is mentioned n compared constantly in the news with the then so-called most relevant singer at the time. The fact that she was mentioned constantly allowed her to stay relevant. And gaga? She is forever branded as a tribute act..look at her now, the only thing people can remember is her being a copy cat of madonna, everyone in the us, including the mainstream media..I think this feud actually hurt gaga and benefited madonna. :)

little tidbit from an hollywoodreporter article about past ocar parties....

the whole article http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscar-party-diary-brad-pitt-422688

Which star set off Vanity Fair's Graydon Carter, why Madonna said "I'm so bored!" and other delicious tidbits from THR's Bill Higgins in his 25 years inside the most celebrated shindigs.

If anyone can take credit for the media-saturated Oscar party, it’s agent Irving “Swifty” Lazar. His began in the 1960s at his house and ended in the early ’90s at the original Spago. I began attending in 1987, covering for the Herald-Examiner.

My first encounter with Mr. Lazar (he didn’t like being called Swifty; his friends called him Irving, and I think I called him Mr. Lazar, Your Highness) was just before the telecast. I was talking with the now-late Allan Carr (two years later, he produced the infamous Academy Awards that had Rob Lowe and Snow White dancing, poor Allan.) Out of the blue, Swifty was there pointing his finger into my stomach -- he was roughly 5 feet tall -- saying, “Who are you?” (He pronounced this, “Who-ah-u?,” in a tone someone in the Gambino family would respect.) This was not an auspicious beginning to a career covering Oscar parties.

Carr truly saved me by saying, “It’s all right, Irving, he’s with me.” Swifty seemed suspicious and literally growled and walked away. Right then, I knew I owed Carr my life, but before I could thank him, he said, “Do you have any aspirin?” I said there might be some in my car. He told me to get them, and I obediently walked to the parking lot and returned with a small bottle of Excedrin that Carr emptied in one swallow. It was a moment where you think, “OK, if this is how glamour goes, so be it.”

My first impression of the viewing party was that it seemed staid. Guests were expected to remain seated and discuss among themselves. Swifty was 80, and these were his friends and clients. It was Old Hollywood, but really old Hollywood. To give an idea how staid, the next year I was talking with novelist Larry McMurtry, who’d brought his 15-year-old niece. Nearby was Madonna, and of course McMurtry’s niece had no interest in the likes of Jimmy Stewart. She slipped over to speak with Madonna. When she came back, McMurtry asked what the singer had said, and the niece replied, “She said, ‘I’m so bored.’ ” That started McMurtry screaming, “You can’t print that!”......

• 2 weeks later...

@chealseahandler

Tonight @SelenaGomez & @VanessaHudgens pic.twitter.com/nuzyP6fwWa

so all women who went to the party on the same tonight show.. anyone who watches this show? lol

What is M's history in supporting roles like? I'm not very familiar with her film career at all, but from what I know it's mostly leading roles.

You know it's funny that of all the movies where Madonna was one of the supporting actors, the part she played was generally praised.

Desperately Seeking Susan

Dick Tracy

A League of Thier Own

With the exception of Evita, all the movies where she is the lead charactor, her performance is intensely criticised. The same thing with W.E. as far as something being

her own. Not that I think Madonna is the best actress, I just don't think she is close to being a bad one. I never got the feeling that she loved acting and I think to really be successful in a certain art form you have to love what you do. I think she does have a love and appreciation for film and music. I saw it in Evita and I saw it in W.E.

I think that the thing with cinema is that once an actors name is mud it forever is. That's why some shit actors seem to be loved no matter what. Not that Tom Cruise is an awful actor but his characters lack depth and are all so superficial! With music it's more about a fan base and a legacy built over time. A real life connection.

I think that the thing with cinema is that once an actors name is mud it forever is. That's why some shit actors seem to be loved no matter what. Not that Tom Cruise is an awful actor but his characters lack depth and are all so superficial! With music it's more about a fan base and a legacy built over time. A real life connection.

People like Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford aren't so much actors but just likeable people who pretty much play the same role in every film. They're just every day guys that people identify with. Many film stars are like that. So long as they can read lines without sounding wooden, they're made.

Madonna was always going to struggle as her music persona is so strong, it's very hard to take her seriously in roles such as a missionary. However, her acting is terrible at times too which never helped!

I do think that she has potential as a director though. She has so much to say and visually she's very strong. She just needs to pick the right topic and also get a good script!

People like Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford aren't so much actors but just likeable people who pretty much play the same role in every film. They're just every day guys that people identify with. Many film stars are like that. So long as they can read lines without sounding wooden, they're made.

Madonna was always going to struggle as her music persona is so strong, it's very hard to take her seriously in roles such as a missionary. However, her acting is terrible at times too which never helped!

I do think that she has potential as a director though. She has so much to say and visually she's very strong. She just needs to pick the right topic and also get a good script!

100% agreed even though i think she'll always be prejudged

Guest Rachelle of London

I want her to be in one of those soppy critcally acclaimed dramas playing a drugged up single mother, would be good to see her take on that sort of role

Selena Gomez? Vanessa Hudgens? I guess they were part of James Francos possé because of the movie they made together. Okay, maybe they were invited to entertain princess Mercy. She might be the only one with a real interest in Disney channel wannabes.

Lol

Guest Rachelle of London

Well, it gave Monique an Oscar. But playing opposite Mariah? Not so sure about that.

Obviously not Precious looool