MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray coming August 26/27

HolidayGuy

Really? Never heard of that. What country do you live in? They were not packaged together in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/Sticky-Sweet-Tour-Blu-ray-Madonna/dp/B002ZFQCZU

I live in Germany. Maybe the packaging problem is only limited to the US, since I don't believe Germany was the only country in Europe, let alone the whole world, to release a Blu-Ray/CD package. Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.amazon.de/Sticky-Sweet-Tour-CD-Blu-Ray/dp/B00375DBWY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375262778&sr=8-2&keywords=madonna+sticky+and+sweet+tour

Why 1080p is theoretically better than 1080i

1080i, the former king of the HDTV hill, actually boasts an identical 1,920x1,080 resolution but conveys the images in an interlaced format (the i in 1080i). In a tube-based television, otherwise known as a CRT, 1080i sources get "painted" on the screen sequentially: the odd-numbered lines of resolution appear on your screen first, followed by the even-numbered lines--all within 1/30 of a second. Progressive-scan formats such as 480p, 720p, and 1080p convey all of the lines of resolution sequentially in a single pass, which makes for a smoother, cleaner image, especially with sports and other motion-intensive content. As opposed to tubes, microdisplays (DLP, LCoS, and LCD rear-projection) and other fixed-pixel TVs, including plasma and LCD flat-panel, are inherently progressive in nature, so when the incoming source is interlaced, as 1080i is, they convert it to progressive scan for display.

http://reviews.cnet.com/1080i-vs-1080p-hdtv/

What's the difference between 1080p and 1080i?

1080p and 1080i are both high definition formats...that display 1920 lines vertically or across the screen and 1080 lines horizontally or up and down the screen.

The difference is the way the component sends it's signal to your TV.

1080p ("p" stands for progressive) means that there are 1080 individual lines of resolution that are all displayed at the same time, 1/30th of a second. This resolution will produce the highest quality images, BUT, the TV has to receive a 1080p signal in order to produce the best picture. Most satellite and cable companies only send HD in 720p and your TV has to "scale down" the image. It's worth noting that some TV's scale down better than others.

Blu-Ray is 1080p and some satellite and cable providers have on demand in 1080p, but as of 2010 I don't know of anyone broadcasting 1080p.

A 1080i signal comprises 1080 horizontal lines but all the lines are not displayed on-screen simultaneously. Instead, they are interlaced (hence the 'i'), ie every other lines is displayed for 1/60th of a second and then the alternate lines are displayed for 1/60th of a second. So, the frame rate is still 30 frames per second, but each frame is split into two fields, which your brain then puts together subconsciously.

The practical difference is that 1080p will give you a much higher quality picture (the quality is noticeable, especially in Pixar animated films) and is better suited to live action, especially sports. TV's that use interlacing will tend to produce a blur.

:)

Thankyou both! I was reading one of the Amazon comments on the Sticky bluray and someone mentioned it was in 1080i and was curious about the difference. Thank you both!

http://allaboutmadonna.com/2013/08/mdna-tour-dvd-now-available-for-pre-order.php

MDNA Tour now available for pre-order

Amazon is now listing two different DVD editions:

$13.99 (retail price: $19.98) edition is available here.

$17.49 (retail price: $24.98) edition is available here.

Both are listed as single disc releases with release date set for September 10th.

13-08-01-madonna-mdna-tour-dvd.jpg

Well we don't know for sure if that's the official cover. I love the image and text and think it would work great, however I'm sure there would be a fan meltdown if that was revealed to be the official cover.

Well we don't know for sure if that's the official cover. I love the image and text and think it would work great, however I'm sure there would be a fan meltdown if that was revealed to be the official cover.

Who cares tbh. It's a fantastic design. I would not be disappointed with that cover.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2013/08/01/madonna-the-mdna-tour-to-be-released-on-9-september-2013/

The MDNA Tour release date has been changed a couple of times over the past few months, but a new date has finally been chosen! The rumours are true! We at Madonnarama just received confirmation that the MDNA Tour will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray globally on September 9th and in the USA/Canada on September 10th! A live double CD should also be available the same day. Here’s an overview of the current pre-order links…

USA

MDNA Tour [DVD] $17,49

MDNA Tour [DVD] $13,99

France

MDNA Tour [blu-Ray] €19,97

MDNA Tour [DVD] €17,99

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8382

MadonnaTribe has heard and can exclusively reveal that a new release date for the upcoming MDNA Tour BD/DVD had been finally set. Madonna will release MDNA Tour on September 9th, 2013. As previously exclusively revealed here on MadonnaTribe the concert will come in a wide range of different formats including BD, DVD and 2CD audio. A 16 page booklet has also been designed to accompany the release.

I think I'll go to the store the day of it's release - it's not as if it's some limited edition. And in this day and age of everything digital, I miss going to the store, buying the real deal, taking the blister off, discovering the booklet and all... ah, the 90s... :blush:

Im so happy with the cover

The cover hasn't been revealed yet

That's just the image that allaboutmadonna used printing the news

It could be but not necessarily

Details coming soon apparently

Love the 16-page booklet idea and the multiple formats :dramatic:

I think I'll go to the store the day of it's release - it's not as if it's some limited edition. And in this day and age of everything digital, I miss going to the store, buying the real deal, taking the blister off, discovering the booklet and all... ah, the 90s... :blush:

:thumbsup: