MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray coming August 26/27

HolidayGuy

There is no reason why they can't have one of the better performances of "Holiday" (i.e. the show near the end, where she did more of the song, would be nice), as well as "Everybody," "Don't Cry For Me Argentina," etc., as bonus features. I'm pretty sure there's professional/pro-enough footage out there to include it. Does that mean they will include all or any of them? No, but just stating there's no excuse.

Chris Lamb has always been involved with Madonna projects as production manager, he is not a director. The taping of RIT for the dvd was commissioned to British director Hamish Hamilton who had previously worked with Madonna on DWT. Apparently Madonna didn't like the results and decided to scrap the release of the Lisbon show on dvd, even refusing to pay his $350,000 fee. Hamilton filed a lawsuit against her. They later came to an agreement and eventually ended up collaborating again on the Super Bowl broadcast, almost 8 years later

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/63171/madonna-sued-over-euro-tv-show

British director Hamish Hamilton and his companies filed suit Wednesday (April 20) against Madonna and her Tadpole Film Inc., seeking more than $330,000 in unpaid compensation and expenses related to the 2004 "Re-Invention Tour." The complaint, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, alleges that Hamilton entered into oral agreements with Madonna to produce and direct a European television program based on her tour.

The DVD footage wasn't directed by production manager Chris Lamb, but by his son, Christian Lamb, who was a camera technician on DWT and live video director on RIT, CT and S&S.

The Hamish Hamilton lawsuit regarded not the planned DVD, but a CBS tv special, which never materialized due to contractual disagreements between M and CBS. Hamish filed the lawsuit because he wasn't paid for any of the pre-production work he had done in Paris, before the CBS special was cancel.

When plans to have the show broadcast on CBS fell through, Madonna commissioned Christian Lamb to direct the concert DVD.

Honestly, I thought this was common knowledge among M fans by now..

The DVD footage wasn't directed by production manager Chris Lamb, but by his son, Christian Lamb, who was a camera technician on DWT and live video director on RIT, CT and S&S.

The Hamish Hamilton lawsuit regarded not the planned DVD, but a live tv broadcast, which never materialized due to contractual disagreements between M and CBS. Hamish filed the lawsuit because he wasn't paid for any of the pre-production work he had done before the live broadcast was scrapped.

When plans to have the final Lisbon show broadcast live fell through, Madonna commissioned Christian Lamb to direct the concert DVD.

I wasn't that involved in the online community back then, and wasn't really keeping up on things back then...

Was IGTTYAS planned all along too? Given info above, seems it was.

And so she didn't like any of the footage filmed? That one night leaked from Lisbon wasn't all that bad. If they filmed both nights, and had other footage from in-house cameras...Wow. I've underestimated her perfectionism.

And yet, she was supposedly so hands off with S&S film...

The Hamish Hamilton lawsuit regarded not the planned DVD, but a live tv broadcast, which never materialized due to contractual disagreements between M and CBS. Hamish filed the lawsuit because he wasn't paid for any of the pre-production work he had done before the live broadcast was scrapped.

When plans to have the final Lisbon show broadcast live fell through, Madonna commissioned Christian Lamb to direct the concert DVD.

Oh I see thanks :thumbsup:

I assumed that Hamilton lawsuit was about the filming of the show and not a specific other programme

or that at least the two things coincided, thanks for clarifying that

Guest bluejean

I thought the show that leaked was footage from the screens though, not actually what was filmed for release. That's why there is no audience footage in it apart from at the start.

I wasn't that involved in the online community back then, and wasn't really keeping up on things back then... Was IGTTYAS planned all along too? Given info above, seems it was. And so she didn't like any of the footage filmed? That one night leaked from Lisbon wasn't all that bad. If they filmed both nights, and had other footage from in-house cameras...Wow. I've underestimated her perfectionism. And yet, she was supposedly so hands off with S&S film...

Yup, IGTTYAS was planned all along. After all, apart from filming M and her tour crew during the entire tour, Jonas' crew also filmed the dancer auditions and tour rehearsals, clips of which are seen in the film.

I thought the show that leaked was footage from the screens though, not actually what was filmed for release. That's why there is no audience footage in it apart from at the start.

Well, you're sort of right. Since Christian Lamb directed the footage for the in-house screens in the first place, he decided to reuse the footage that he would have shot anyway for the DVD, mixed with footage from additional cameras.

So what you see in the leaked Lisbon footage is a mix of footage shot for the venue screens and footage shot specifically for the DVD.

No one really knows why Madonna rejected the final edit, but it is said that she felt there was no clear direction behind it, and that Christian Lamb failed to capture the spectacle properly, presumably due to the lack of wide shots.

The alternate clips of "Burning Up" and "Die Another Day" are presumably from what Christian Lamb presented to Madonna as his final edit:

So why does that leaked version have no audience shots?

Maybe that's one of the reasons why M didn't like it?

Lots of close-ups (especially of M's hands and feet, for some reason :crazy:) and tech-crane shots, bur virtually no wide shots or audience shots...

After all, live footage for venue screens was the only thing that Christian Lamb had been directing before he was commissioned to direct the planned RIT DVD, which appears to have been a last-minute decision, considering that plans for the CBS special were cancelled less than two weeks before it was supposed to be filmed, directed by Hamish Hamilton.

Guest bluejean

Yeah I don't buy this story. Who are your sources? No one would film a concert DVD and not include audience shots etc. I think what leaked is purely from the screens.

Plus looking at those 2 clips above what is not to like? I think they just shelved it because IGTTYAS was already out and Confessions was on its way.

There's an odd amount of side shots and back shots, and weird low side angles, at times when the shot should have been a simple straightforward shot of the stage head-on to capture the choreography during pivotal moments, or the stage as a whole. Every time I watch that footage I go "wait, why did it go to that angle....?"

Guest bluejean

Also, the sound is not as clear as the CD release. Even those Hard Candy soundboard leaks sound better to me.

Lots of close-ups (especially of M's hands and feet, for some reason :crazy:) and tech-crane shots, bur virtually no wide shots or audience shots...

sorry but that don't make sense, the footage that leaked is obviously not a final product of any sort, but just footage.

DAD & BU was just from a feed & not completed, 4 some mobile release

Any moron who directs a second rate tv programme knows that certain types shots r always 2 b used, just from going by the book.

So it would make no sense 2 intentionally leave out certain angles.

It's all B-roll.

Yeah I don't buy this story. Who are your sources? No one would film a concert DVD and not include audience shots etc. I think what leaked is purely from the screens.

My primary source is CristianLuvsMadge in the MadonnaTribe forum - as far as I recall, he got the info from an inside source and shared it around the time when the Lisbon footage leaked.

Also, the sound is not as clear as the CD release. Even those Hard Candy soundboard leaks sound better to me.

Don't forget that what leaked is a rough edit with unmastered audio.

sorry but that don't make sense, the footage that leaked is obviously not a final product of any sort, but just footage.

DAD & BU was just from a feed & not completed, 4 some mobile release

Any moron who directs a second rate tv programme knows that certain types shots r always 2 b used, just from going by the book.

So it would make no sense 2 intentionally leave out certain angles.

It's all B-roll.

I never claimed it to be the final edit. On the contrary, it a rough work-in-process edit. About 90% of it is footage that would have been filmed for the venue screens anyway, though there is also some additional footage filmed especially for the DVD.

By hiring Christian Lamb, who had VERY limited experience in directing anything, M took a risk - a risk that didn't pay off.

Thank You, No offense Msig...but there's a difference between FACTS & interpreting stuff & passing off internet hearsay

as fact.

We KNOW it was contractually obliged 4 there 2 b a substantial gap between IGTTYAS & a RIT release. & The docu

was released 3 weeks before COAD was released. She was already preparing 4 the Confessions tour & abandoned the

project altogether.

So the fact is RIT was canceled cuz M moved on.

THE END

:fag:

Guest bluejean

My primary source is CristianLuvsMadge in the MadonnaTribe forum - as far as I recall, he got the info from an inside source and shared it around the time when the Lisbon footage leaked.

Is this the same person that claimed Madonna didn't write any of MDNA or something?

Don't forget that what leaked is a rough edit with unmastered audio.

I didn't forget that, it obviously hasn't been mixed or mastered. But neither has the S&S soundboard leaks and they sounded alot better.

We KNOW it was contractually obliged 4 there 2 b a substantial gap between IGTTYAS & a RIT release.

Still, it was annouced on Madonna.com that the RIT DVD would be released in the last quarter of 2005.

Prior to that, Warner Music Denmark had annouced the DVD for release in April 2005, though that didn't materialize either.

Guest bluejean

By hiring Christian Lamb, who had VERY limited experience in directing anything, M took a risk - a risk that didn't pay off.

According to who? Some Madonnatribe member? IMO we don't know Madonna wasn't happy with the result. My sources tell me Madonna loves this unreleased DVD so much she's fingering herself over it right now.

Still, it was annouced on Madonna.com that the RIT DVD would be released in the last quarter of 2005.

Prior to that, Warner Music Denmark had annouced the DVD for release in April 2005, though that didn't materialize either.

Yes I even have a Warner catalogue that says december 2005 :lol: What a mess. So yes release schedule conflicts.

Is this the same person that claimed Madonna didn't write any of MDNA or something?

Nope! That was another member of the Tribe forum, who is usually very accurate.

Guest bluejean

Maybe they didn't know Confessions was going to be out when they originally set the date? Or maybe they just decided to scrap it at the 11th hour when Confessions seemed way more important? Saturating the market like that is always a risk.

Especially considering Confessions was a zillion times better than American Life/Reinvention in the opinion of almost everybody.

Guest bluejean

Nope! That was another member of the Tribe forum, who is usually very accurate.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

According to who? Some Madonnatribe member? IMO we don't know Madonna wasn't happy with the result.

Quite a few exclusives have come from forum members...

The MDNA Tour tracklist was exclusively revealed by m.d.n.a. here on the forum.

Yaz in the Tribe forum exclusively revealed the entire itinerary of S&S 2009 several days before it was announced.

Another member of the Tribe forum (don't remember who) posted a detailed and very accurate description of the Lisbon footage a few days before it leaked.

Not to mention that most demos and unreleased songs that leaked in the past 3-4 years were leaked by Jorge in the Chile forum.

Based on CristianLuvsMadge's history on the Tribe forum, I have no reasons not to believe him.

Believing & knowing r two different things.

that's really our point here...

Technically, we can't know anything for sure until it's officially announced.

Still, most fans would agree with me that te credibility posted by fan sites such as MadonnaTribe and Madonnarama is very high.

What's the difference? CristianLuvsMadge has proven his credibility on several occasions and well-respected among other members of the Tribe forum.

Guest bluejean

These are all rumours imo, these people aren't anyone of significance just because they had an itinery 2 days early. Who knows how many people this info gets passed through, it's like Chinese whispers.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!!!!: MDNA Tour to be released On DVD & Blu-Ray August 27 (US) / August 26 (global)

June 6, 2013 - Los Angeles - Madonna's groundbreaking, critically acclaimed, controversial and visually stunning MDNA concert will be available in the US on August 27th (August 26th globally), it was announced today by Universal Music. The two hour MDNA extravaganza was the most successful tour of 2012. Presented by Live Nation Global Touring, the tour included 88 sold out shows in 29 countries. Madonna and her ten member band lead by musical director Kevin Antunes and troupe of 25 dancers performed a wild two hour spectacle that fascinated, enthralled and entertained 2.2 million fans.

"Madonna spent six months personally editing the video footage from 30 cameras and many different shows to put together the MDNA DVD. Her attention to every frame, every detail and nuance and total commitment to show her creative vision has been done to perfection. Each song is like a short movie. One minute you are in an action movie and the next you're at a golden era musical before shooting across to India and back for a house party to finish. It's better than any 3-D Imax movie out there and at a break neck pace that would make any Olympian struggle for breath," commented the show's co- director and supervising editor, Danny B. Tull.

Songs included "Girl Gone Wild" and "Gang Bang" from Madonna's MDNA CD which debuted at No. 1 in 35 countries as well as fan favorite classic Madonna songs such as "Hung Up", "Express Yourself," "Vogue," "Open Your Heart," "Like A Prayer" and "Celebration".

"My show is a journey.. the journey of a soul from darkness to light. It is part cinematic musical theatre, part spectacle and sometimes intimate performance art. I know people can relate to it. It's very important to me as an artist that my show not be taken out of context. It must be watched with an open heart from beginning to end.. I am sure if it is viewed this way, the viewer will walk away feeling inspired, invigorated and will want to make the world a better place.. And this of course is my intention," remarked Madonna in her manifesto about the show.

Amongst the glowing reviews, the Daily Mail raved, "The queen of pop's latest album MDNA provided the bedrock for a two hour show that sent out a powerful message to any young pretenders eyeing up her crown.. She remains one of the greats."

"Madonna's sold-out concert was a jaw-dropping sequence of stunningly designed set pieces; including an aeriel drum crops, a battalion of dazzling dancers, an explosively bloody gangster fantasy and a surreal spiritual voyage," remarked The Miami Herald.

"The Material Girl proceeds to take us through a song cycle that examined sex, liberation, sin , empowerment, love, addiction, rebellion and finally redemption.. She did it all in classic Madonna style - controversial and eye-popping," commented The Dallas Morning News.

The MDNA DVD was directed by Danny B. Tull and Stephane Sennour and was produced by Madonna

Executive producers: Arthur Fogel , Guy Oseary and Sara Zambreno.

Tour wardrobe was created by Arianne Phillips.

Supervising Editor Danny B. Tull.

Director of Photography Mark Ritchie.

Source: http://www.madonna.com/news/title/mdna-tour-to-be-released-on-dvd-bluray-august-27-us-august-26-internationally

Edited by JWAD