MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray coming August 26/27

HolidayGuy

It's not even been discussed in any Madonnatribe forum.Sourse appears to be this twitter account :Madonna MDNA Tour

Spot on. The Madonna Tour 2012 thing is BS.

EDIT:

The admin of the Madonna Tour 2012 FB page wrote that the "news" was sent to them by a reader. It's obviously fake.

Okay, it was just a joke :lol:

At least it brought the DVD discussion back a bit as it has been very quiet lately ;)...

I of course would hate it as well if we would indeed get something like a cut DVD, though.

What's ironic is that Lady Gaga (and BTW co-writters and producers) are gonna earn money everytime the MDNA DVD sells a copy! xD

Well are we sure of that? maybe it's a deal.. you stole my song, i didnt sue you even though I easily could have, so I get to steal the song you stole of me on my own tour!

News - DVD MDNA Tour:

The DVD is in the final process, the COVER was selected by INTERSCOPE RECORDS who rejected the proposal to use a visual from the TRASGRESSION section.

The DVD is made according to the taste of Madonna and her vision of perfection. As expected, there will be a similar film style as the "Confessions Tour". However, a new unique editing technique was used.

Madonna wanted to give a "film" effect to the show, lasting 100 minutes, THAT'S WHY THE SPEECH WAS CUT, to invite the public to focus only on the show.

It has not been decided yet whether the DVD will come out.

DM

No transgression cover? :madgemanson:

Not been decided yet whether the DVD will come out? :madgemanson:

I dont imagine Madonna cutting parts of the show for DVD release, maybe for TV though :\

That's what I'm thinking. Madonna does NOT seem like the type that would cut whole sections of the show out, or do edits like that unless they had to prepare a broadcast tv version (considering this show has some pretty violent, controversial stuff, esp. with the gun issue in the US right now).

But the woman hates censorship. Having the Blu-ray/DVD version be an edit does not sound like her at all.

Madonna wanted to give a "film" effect to the show, lasting 100 minutes, THAT'S WHY THE SPEECH WAS CUT, to invite the public to focus only on the show.

That makes no sense, as the whole political aspect was a huge point of the whole show...especially if she has the upcoming 'revolution' she wants to launch.

For the record, I don't think any editing out of sections of the show in order to make a "cinematic" effect is even necessary. The show is already a very cinematic, structured 'musical theater' like show. It's not necessary...except for her little speeches...and even then, those are an integral aspect of this very show and what it stood for, and certainly tying into her upcoming "revolution".

Confessions is very cinematic and stylized, and no parts were cut (except those for the tv broadcast, obviously)...it's all in the stylized editing. So, these rumors don't really make sense.

Guest Rachelle of London

No way would Madonna and her team spend money on filming a show and editing it then not releasing the product! Judging by her instagram posts about it, the DVD is definitely coming, just have to wait

You'll never know...this era had a lot of shitty surprises for us.

tumblr_m9i3lybI4O1qkzr9fo1_1280.jpg

...they'll probably use this one for the cover... -_-

Shitty surprises???? What the hell are you talking about?

hmm but doesnt drownedmadonna often steal MT's news? lol i dont give a shit about any of those sites, I just want that news to be fake ;)/>

They haven't posted any news at all since November 2012, and if they did, they would acknowledge their source - even if it were MadonnaTribe. The owners of those two sites have ended their feud.

It's Madonnarama that have a habit of stealing MadonnaTribe's news. The genuine exclusives that Madonnarama do post are accurate, though.

Guys, I already said it was a joke, the whole thing was made up by me. Apparently, a news site for the MDNA Tour on Facebook spread this news, that's probably why DrownedMadonna is reporting the same thing, just in their own words.

They'd better release this DVD already because things are getting out of hand.

I mean, yesterday I went for a run and "I'm Addicted" came up on my iPod and I nearly started doing the choreography in the middle of the park. Not good.

I mean, yesterday I went for a run and "I'm Addicted" came up on my iPod and I nearly started doing the choreography in the middle of the park. Not good.

:lol:

Guest Rachelle of London

I was caught at the traffic lights doing the I'm Addicted choreography in the car. A car full of lads pulled up next to me and watched the performance hahaha

They haven't posted any news at all since November 2012, and if they did, they would acknowledge their source - even if it were MadonnaTribe. The owners of those two sites have ended their feud.

It's Madonnarama that have a habit of stealing MadonnaTribe's news. The genuine exclusives that Madonnarama do post are accurate, though.

Oh I'm sorry. I confused DM for rama! my mistake :)

also: I HATE interscope.

Because they're distributing it?

Eye, but I didnt think distribution was overlooking or managing, just distribution. I thought it wouldve been made between M and Livenation. Its like they sort of picked or 'hired' Interscope to distribute. (Albeit sharing profits) I dont understand :(

Guest bluejean

Eye, but I didnt think distribution was overlooking or managing, just distribution. I thought it wouldve been made between M and Livenation. Its like they sort of picked or 'hired' Interscope to distribute. (Albeit sharing profits) I dont understand :(

Well I am not sure myself but I do imagine the distributor would have a say over what they distribute. It has their name attached to it afterall and they will want it to sell. Anyway the news is fake so whatever.

Guest Not4Pussies

is this the longest it has taken to edit a dvd concert?

i mean we got S&S in 2010 but because there was the second leg in 2009

but this is ridiculous. is she rerecording the vocals for every song?

My wish would be that when they released it, they would release it in an actual DVD size case, but one of the steelbook cases that some special edition DVD's get released in.

Not the crappy packaging on the last two tours.

Sorry. I am a sucker for nice packaging.