Madonna says cheers motherfuckers! INSTAGRAM

drunkbysix

"As a celebration of his life, Madonna declared the first New York date of her Blond Ambition World Tour a benefit concert for Haring's memory, and donated all proceeds from her ticket sales to AIDS charities including AIDS Project Los Angeles and amfAR; the act was documented in her film Truth or Dare."

She definitely felt the news.

:bow:

She is seriously the greatest. All we hear about in the press is her coldness and made up stories about her bitchiness. When is she going to be acknowledged for her philanthropy and activism ? Seems like only Bono, Sting and Geldof get the credit, oh and Gaga for the gays!

:cries:

Unfortunately, I don't think she'll truly be celebrated the way she deserves until after she's gone. Only then will the true size and impact of her work and philanthropy be revealed imo.

tumblr_mj5ask9RgU1qaz1x3o1_1280.png

It's a Madonna and Child, no pun intended ;)/> I wonder how many times she's received "Madonna and Child" paintings from people lol

I bet when she looked at Keith's painting after hearing this news she couldn't help but reminisce. It's not just the journey of her career that began 30 years ago...

Perhaps, this is Madonna's subtle way of reminding us of all the good people who have been lost to AIDS with the hope that it can be stopped tomorrow.

Edited by Seraphim

^Madonna probably felt the impact of the aids news of yesterday...

in what sense "felt the impact"? didn't understand.....

btw, i'm not on instagram, but may i say that she's probably the most amazing instagram poster?????

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

in what sense "felt the impact"? didn't understand.....

Maybe she reminded of her old friend Keith Haring who sucumbed to the disease...

she doesn't get recognised for her philanthropy because she doesn't go round demanding to be and telling everyone who will listen about how great she is. If we, who are fascinated by her every move, know only that she gives away large chunks of money a year to charities, but not to who, how would anyone else know? And that makes it better, it's obviously just entirely selfless.

Maybe she reminded of her old friend Keith Haring who sucumbed to the disease...

reminded cause of the lilmonstblah article about glaad? (this is what i didn't understoof...)

if so, i really think she doesn't care too much about these human jokes....

reminded cause of the lilmonstblah article about glaad? (this is what i didn't understoof...)

if so, i really think she doesn't care too much about these human jokes....

Reminded as there are a ton of articles in the press about the infant in Mississippi who was cured of HIV.

oh ok, thanx

I didn't connect the dots as to why she posted that yesterday, but thanks to you guys I see the connection, and I'm once again amazed at how subtly brilliant she can be sometimes.