Best Tour MUSICALLY

IsaacHarris

72 members have voted

1. 1. Madonna's Finest Musical Extravaganza?

• The Virgin Tour
    • Who's That Girl Tour
    • Blond Ambition
    • The Girlie Show
    • Drowned World Tour
    • ReInvention Tour
    • Confessions Tour
    • Sticky & Sweet (08 & 09)
    • MDNA World Tour

Disregard the memorable costumes, iconic performances, and focus on the music. Which of her tours SOUNDED the best?

I'm gonna go with the Girlie Show, for very obvious reasons. Her voice was top-notch dare I say, her BEST live vocals ever. Forrreal! And her live band was on fire, especially in the DVD footage. Such a major funky groove throughout the whole show; the instrumental-transition from Deeper and Deeper to Why's It So Hard is definite highlight in itself :dramatic:

tumblr_mgxheqaRwu1rxml8no8_250.gif

YOUR TURN

I picked confessions, but I don't really have a clear favorite. I enjoy and I'm open to most of her live music, but there always have been "what the fuck moments" while she is performing certain tracks.

It's interesting to see so many people pick the girlie show. I actually saw the concert live, and it was very good at the time, but I like most of the music on her other tours so much more. My least favorite tour for the music was for the very popular who's that girl tour.

I like that tour, but during the late eighties there were so many more artists who were much more interesting and breaking new ground musically, while madonna was doing straight ahead commercial sounding pop for the masses(but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that).

Disregard the memorable costumes, iconic performances, and focus on the music. Which of her tours SOUNDED the best?

I'm gonna go with the Girlie Show, for very obvious reasons. Her voice was top-notch dare I say, her BEST live vocals ever. Forrreal! And her live band was on fire, especially in the DVD footage. Such a major funky groove throughout the whole show; the instrumental-transition from Deeper and Deeper to Why's It So Hard is definite highlight in itself :dramatic:

YOUR TURN

+1

its the best in every way possible

Girlie Show easily. I wish she'd go with a proper live band again

I love the re-arrangements of CT but it all sounds very mechanic and tinny

Yeah the CT did have a mechanic one-dimensional sound even though it was beautiful and worked well.

I'm gonna go with the Motherfucking Drowned World Tour due to its sheer ambition.

Confessions would easily take the crown for me if it had more diversity. But musically, it sounds like one giant Stuart Price mashup mixtape. Flawless, but I value diversity more.

They did a great job with MDNA but too much autotune. And no Beautiful Killer ;)/>

• 2 weeks later...

Her best band and her peak voice is Girlie Show hands down! I actually like the WTG band but it does have a more "plastic", typical late 80's feel to it than the smooth and funky GS band, which she could use today and they would still sound funky fresh.

For me the electronic feel of DWT seemed fresh at the time but kinda maxed itself out with CT...although it worked for that show. I have to say the band for S&S was a breath of fresh air for me just because it seemed more organic in sound after the 3 previous tours.

I have to say the band for S&S was a breath of fresh air for me just because it seemed more organic in sound after the 3 previous tours.

This is a good point - and also it was smart of the DJ to mashup classic Madge with current hits (at the time) from different music genres (even the 4 Minutes sample for Vogue was genius). It made complete sense given the kind of broad sound she was going for with HC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

YOUR TURN

Even if Blond Ambition Tour is my all-time favourite tour I agree with this, The Girlie Show had her best live vocals and band.

YOUR TURN

NO KIDDING. Its hands down the best.

WTG, DWT and SS are next. There are great moments on BAT too.

Confessions sound was weir and plastic with that white suit band.

DWT. Last time she had multiple percussionist (I think) It was brill.

Then Stuie computerized everything after that.

CT apparently had this massive technical HQ expensive sound system that sounded fantastic in the audience, but didn't live up to it cause it didn't sound like the band was playing anything...

MDNA was an effort to return to a live band sound. Stickie began with that, finally drums that sound like drums!