How would you plan her next tour itinerary? (let's pretend we're LN execs)

Apples388

I really think that for the next tour she should lay off the extensive European itinerary and lay off playing in those awful make-shift venues in Europe which have all contributed to the lack of demand and oversaturation and in a way loss of reputation as a live performer.

She will of course play Europe but I think it should be focused on the big cities (which are easily commutable because EUROPE IS TINY) and big stadiums. I know the fans want arenas but that simply will not happen. However, instead of playing shitty big venues (hello Hyde Park :bad:/> ), just focus on the big fantabulous stadiums like Wembley in London, Stade de France in Paris, etc. So maybe just target the major city hubs in Europe and target the big stadia to maximise the money and minimise the number of shows and time she has to spend there. So, something like the Drowned World Tour Europe itinerary - but instead of arenas, just stadiums (so 1 show for each 4-5 shows and there you have it.)

That way she can actually do Australasia justice.

Sounds awesome!

Given the exhaustion reported during MDNA any new tour should incorporate a some time off between legs, two or three weeks to rest and recuperate.

She should look at Oz and NZ January, Asia soon after, South Africa during this time as well. Europe April - June, North America July & Aug, residency at MSG in Sep (she can be based at home for a month) and South America Nov.

She should then head to her home in London and do a residency at the O2 for as long as is needed (she could do the same in New York at MSG).

I hope she'll spend the following months focusing only on the new album, for a late 2013 release, so I would say:

- End of August/Early September: KILLER lead single with great video & TRADITIONAL promotion, like debuting it @ the VMA's and then performing it in some TV programs like she did with Hung Up; then performing @ the EMA's and AMA's.

- Early November: second single + album release, with additional promotion if possible;

- January/February/March: Tour Rehearsals & Kick off.

Australia/New Zealand:

- 2/3 dates in Sydney (Sydney Cricket Ground or ANZ Stadium)

- 1 date in Brisbane (Suncorp Stadium)

- 2 dates in Melbourne (Melbourne Cricket Ground or Etihad Stadium)

- 1 date in Perth (Subiaco Oval)

- 1 date in Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)

- Then add 1/2 dates in NZ, maybe Auckland (Mount Smart Stadium).

Japan:

- 2 dates in Fukuoka (Fukuoka Dome)

- 1 dates in Yokohama (Nissan Stadium)

- 2/3 dates in Tokio (Tokio Dome)

-1 date in Osaka (Osaka Dome)

Then she could add 1 date in Seoul, maybe India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan...and of course Tel Aviv and Abu Dhabi. I think it could be a great leg to start the tour.

April/mid May: break from the tour & 3rd single (with video) from the album. she could make 1 or 2 performances. (yes it's unlikely, but since we're talking about what would we want..xD).

Mid May/June: Europe (but not too much dates, this market is extremely over-saturated). I would say:

- Italy (2-3 stadium dates, i would say Milan and Rome for sure, then maybe add Florence again, with a hit album she can do even better than the MDNA tour here in Italy)

- Spain (2 dates if it's an arena, 1 date if it's a stadium)

- France (1 date at the Stade de France, 1 date in Nice or Marseille)

- Belgium (1 date, arena)

- Netherlands (2 dates, arena)

- Germany (2 stadium dates)

- UK (1 date at Wembley Stadium, 1 date at Manchester Arena)

- 1 arena date in Prague

- Russia (2 dates like the MDNA tour)

July: break from the tour, shoot for the 4th music video.

August/September: release of the 4th single and 30-35 dates in the USA/Canada (mix of arenas and stadium like the S&S tour).

October: 1 or 2 stadium dates in South Africa and break from the tour for most part of the month.

November: End the tour in South America:

- 2 dates in City of Mexico (Foro Sol)

- 1 date in Puerto Rico

- 2 dates in Buenos Aires (River Plate Stadium)

- 1 date in Rio de Janeiro (MaracanĂ  Stadium)

- 1 date in Sao Paulo (Morumbi Stadium)

- 1 date in Medellin (Estadio Anatasio Girardot)

- 1 date in Venezuela

The number of show would be similar to the MDNA tour, but with a break between every leg she could do it without being extremely exhausted in the last part of the tour.

I know right. I mean, I don't even live in Australia and I'm starting to feel really bad for the fans there. I honestly think that if she doesn't kick off the tour there, she will never get there. Personally I'm happy with that because whatever she does, she will always play London because of al the $$$ she makes here.

Guest bluejean

Record album throughout 2013

- August 2013 release soundtrack single for some shitty film, perform at MTV awards

- Release 1st single for new album in Jan 2014

- Do promo for single leading up to 2nd single and album release, perform at Grammy's and receive some lifetime achievement award

- Release 2nd single March 2014

- Release album/do promo March 2014

- April/May Rehearsals

- June/July US tour

- August/September European Tour

- October - Break

- November - South American

- December - Asia

- January 2015 - Australia/New Zealand CANCELLED (insert made up excuse about children)

Bluejean that sounded like someone's plan straight out of twenty years ago! Newflash hunty - we're talking 2013/2014 saison!!

(sorry for being bitchy you know I love you but give me a break! MTV awards? What is this? 1998?)

Guest bluejean

Bluejean that sounded like someone's plan straight out of twenty years ago! Newflash hunty - we're talking 2013/2014 saison!!

(sorry for being bitchy you know I love you but give me a break! MTV awards? What is this? 1998?)

You have to admit cancelling the Australia leg is pretty 2013 though :lol:

I really think that for the next tour she should lay off the extensive European itinerary and lay off playing in those awful make-shift venues in Europe which have all contributed to the lack of demand and oversaturation and in a way loss of reputation as a live performer.

She will of course play Europe but I think it should be focused on the big cities (which are easily commutable because EUROPE IS TINY) and big stadiums. I know the fans want arenas but that simply will not happen. However, instead of playing shitty big venues (hello Hyde Park :bad:/> ), just focus on the big fantabulous stadiums like Wembley in London, Stade de France in Paris, etc. So maybe just target the major city hubs in Europe and target the big stadia to maximise the money and minimise the number of shows and time she has to spend there. So, something like the Drowned World Tour Europe itinerary - but instead of arenas, just stadiums (so 1 show for each 4-5 shows and there you have it.)

That way she can actually do Australasia justice.

The new London Olympic Stadium would be a better venue than Wembley Stadium. Failing that she should play the

Emirates Stadium in Highbury.

Wait, people are actually hoping she plays cavernous London stadiums like Wembley and Olympic? Outwith a well-publicised greatest hits setlist, this would be UK career suicide. If she can play that 11,000 seater dump in Birmingham, she can stick to the O2 for London next time (and the new Hydro Arena in Glasgow OBVZ)

Wait, people are actually hoping she plays cavernous London stadiums like Wembley and Olympic? Outwith a well-publicised greatest hits setlist, this would be UK career suicide. If she can play that 11,000 seater dump in Birmingham, she can stick to the O2 for London next time (and the new Hydro Arena in Glasgow OBVZ)

Kim darling, I don't think we hoping she plays stadiums in London, I think we are just accepting that she probably will.

I can't see her doing 3 or 4 nights at either the 02 or Wembley arena when she can do one night in a stadium.

From a business point of view it makes sense. Sucks for the fans but it's all about the dollar with Vadge nowadays.

When I think she did 8 nights at Wembley arena on the CT. Good times, and it was so worth paying top dollar

to see her perform in an 11k arena.

I know it sucks that she's a slave to LiveNation now. But surely even they must see the struggle she had just to sell mid 50k for one London performance (albeit in shitty Hyde Park) That's the equivalent to what, a three quarter full Olympic stadium? It's an absolute insult to her live legacy and does her no justice whatsoever. I think they actually might just stick to arenas (at least for the UK) next time.

I know it sucks that she's a slave to LiveNation now. But surely even they must see the struggle she had just to sell mid 50k for one London performance (albeit in shitty Hyde Park) That's the equivalent to what, a three quarter full Olympic stadium? It's an absolute insult to her live legacy and does her no justice whatsoever. I think they actually might just stick to arenas (at least for the UK) next time.

Her stint at the Stade Roi Baudoin in Brussels is the lowest attended "sold out" gig ever there at 36.000.

& that's all due 2 the fact that 70.000 people stood in the mud in a field waiting 4 the hits during S&S :chuckle:

I think her touring machine is kinda overlooking the fact that yes obviously she can fill stadiums, but

a huge factor of her drawing power is the casual radio fans who come 4 the hits. I think that's probably

the real 'issue' in the Europe is saturated thing...

Apart from the venue and that it was her 3rd UK tour in 5 years, I think another reason why Hyde Park had such poor sales was because there was stadium shows in Edinburgh and Dublin also.

S&S at Wembley Stadium in 2008 didn't sell out I think, so I hope next time she plays arenas in the UK, However, it's possible LN will use Wembley Stadium for less shows esp. if she is going to play in lot's of countries/new markets on the next tour.

I do think the European leg should not be too long, similar to DWT or RIT I think would be best. But then again LN probably prefer the figures for the European legs of S&S and MDNA more....

I don't have time to plan the whole itinerary now but for Europe she should go back to a DWT like schedule. Do multiple arena shows in the big European cities (she could even charge more, for all I care). The fans won't mind flying an hour or two and demand will be huge. If she sticks to milking every country again and again and playing arena-type shows on flat fields where people are left disappointed, she's headed for a harsh reality-check

Guest Rachelle of London

Please anywhere not Hyde Park, I only bought my Hyde Park tickets 8 days before the show as I was going to be in the area that week anyway, loool....please and after going to the Wireless festival a week before Hyde Park is the worst venue for a concert ever! Please next time skip Hyde Park please M and LN!

He live legacy is on the wane a bit in the UK. She peaked on CT. Basicallly she could do no wrong. Her old songs that were reworked by Stuart sounded modern and fresh. The 8 nights at Wembley arena were the highest grossing of the tour, the fans and the general public were really happy. Fast forward and she had the shitty S&S Wembley show with the sound and public transport problems with reworked songs that sounded awful (Borderline, crow vox and the hideous rawk version of HU). The Hyde Park show also had sound problems and screens where people couldn't see much and again reworked hits that the public didn't warm to. I just think now the general public in the UK are not willing to shell out hard earned cash on a stadium or field show with poor sightlines and hit songs that they don't recognise. Next time around she should get back to arenas in the UK and add some hits that are recognisable to the setlist that will win the people over. She really needs to connect with general public again.

Start in Australia of course. Then Japan and Asia. Europe (only major markets). USA (only major cities). Skip South America. No Dubai or Telaviv or whatsoever.

This way people will start praying to get a chance to see her again!

He live legacy is on the wane a bit in the UK. She peaked on CT. Basicallly she could do no wrong. Her old songs that were reworked by Stuart sounded modern and fresh. The 8 nights at Wembley arena were the highest grossing of the tour, the fans and the general public were really happy. Fast forward and she had the shitty S&S Wembley show with the sound and public transport problems with reworked songs that sounded awful (Borderline, crow vox and the hideous rawk version of HU). The Hyde Park show also had sound problems and screens where people couldn't see much and again reworked hits that the public didn't warm to. I just think now the general public in the UK are not willing to shell out hard earned cash on a stadium or field show with poor sightlines and hit songs that they don't recognise. Next time around she should get back to arenas in the UK and add some hits that are recognisable to the setlist that will win the people over. She really needs to connect with general public again.

But first, she'll have to create a hit album & single.

- I agree with a Girlie Show type trek in that she should hit places that she either hasn't ever been to or hasn't been to on the last couple of tours.

- She seems to always do well in the US so that doesn't need to change, keep it to a massive two month trek of arena's and a stadium or two.

- Keep Europe to just the big cities like Drowned World and change it up to mainly arena's and a couple of stadiums. She did very well in Italy, Paris and Russia this time around so don't change what isn't broke. She needs to go back to arena's in the UK for obvious reasons and embark on a charm offensive to win her fanbase back in that country.

- She doesn't have the fanbase in Australia anymore for a month long extended Australian tour, it's not realistic. Two weeks max is all she will need to play in Australia with one concert in Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide and multiple concerts in Sydney and Melbourne and possibly a date or two in New Zealand. Now the places she needs to do an extensive tour of is Southeast Asia and Japan, she would make an absolute killing in those regions and rake in the big $.

- She's also very popular in South America so it would make sense to just follow the route of her last two tours.

- I also think South Africa is due for a visit.

- Most importantly she needs to promote the album and lead off single's properly. We are never going to get a promo tour ever again like the one's for Confessions or Ray of Light and she doesn't need to whore herself out like some think she does but she just needs to put some sort of effort in and promote her music in her biggest territories. What I would love to see her do is a proper tour anouncement like some artists do via a press conference with a junket afterwards for media to interview her to drum up interest in the tour. A few posters around the city isn't good enough for Madonna, she needs to get off her ass and promote her tour. A press conference in Sydney or Melbourne with a couple of additional television interviews and maybe an instore signing would most likely generate enough interest to sell out an entire leg of the tour here and create a lot of interest. A chat show here and there in the US and a proper debut performance of her new single on an awards show or something would be sufficient also. I would love to see her do a few mini concerts like she did for Music and Confessions as the interest generated is worth the effort and it creates a real buzz around the album launch. If she can't be assed doing interviews anymore than a couple of performances or in store signings would be great. I also miss the days when you would walk into a newsagent around the time of an album release and she would be on the cover of half a dozen magazines all at once... those were the days.

MADONNA LIVE IN MALAWI 2015

:dead:

Setlist:

1. Hey You

2. Turn Up the Radio

3. Give Me All Your Luvin'

4. 4 Minutes

5. Justify My Love - interlude

6. Candy Shop

7. Love Makes the World Go Round

8. Like a Prayer

9. Love Spent

10. I Fucked Up

Encore:

11. Human Nature

:dead:

Setlist:

1. Hey You

2. Turn Up the Radio

3. Give Me All Your Luvin'

4. 4 Minutes

5. Justify My Love - interlude

6. Candy Shop

7. Love Makes the World Go Round

8. Like a Prayer

9. Love Spent

10. I Fucked Up

Encore:

11. Human Nature

Throw in "Imagine" and it would go down a treat!

Agreed, she has killed her fanbase in Australia and she will need to win them back - there's alot of fans that have been turned off by the constant snubbing

But they have yet to give up their collection. >:(