The Americana/Majorette Section: Underrationtastications?

Ai Papi Si.

Guest bluejean

Some Girls would have worked in the middle actually.

I never felt this section was too short though. Much preferred getting Love Spent.

Holiday would be perfect in that particuar section. And Some Girls+Express Yourself would make it even better. The show wouldn't feel so short and people wouldn't complain about the lack of hits.

yes kylie hated but next year or for two it will be a trend as always. do you fucking remember what media was wrighting on madonnas VMA Hung Up outfit?"?"?! they ve called it TRANSVESTite and for one year each stupid singer on this planet wear it including beyonce, umbrella ella ella e e e cow, and others...should i look for pics?! i dont have that much of time

She could have done a nice medley of her 80's hit's in this section or a sing along like S&S tour.

GMAYL shouuld have definately been longer, I scratch my head a fair bit over the length of this particular song. In all the videos I have seen it seems to get a bigger reaction than EY but I suppose after that dance breakdown she is pretty stuffed.

Does anyone think that this may have possibly been the encore when they were first putting the tour together but the idea got scrapped and they just threw it in like they did to brighten the show up after Transgession?

She could have done a nice medley of her 80's hit's in this section or a sing along like S&S tour.

GMAYL shouuld have definately been longer, I scratch my head a fair bit over the length of this particular song. In all the videos I have seen it seems to get a bigger reaction than EY but I suppose after that dance breakdown she is pretty stuffed.

Does anyone think that this may have possibly been the encore when they were first putting the tour together but the idea got scrapped and they just threw it in like they did to brighten the show up after Transgession?

It's very possible, particularly if GMAYL would've been the hit they were expecting it to be. There's no reason why you wouldn't close the concert with your most recent hit.

And then, as you seem to imply, the short length of this section would've made sense (it's an encore).

i totally agree on Some Girls in that section too. It's definitely not my favourite part of the show but I loved it anyway. Frankly, I think the choreography for Express Yourself was terrible...but then again...after Blond Ambition and Girlie Show...those two are hard to top (not even going to mention the box step Reinvention Tour moves hehe).

I just felt like it was too soon to brighten things up after the really heavy first segment. I would have liked the TUTR, OYH, Masterpiece section to come after Trangression and then she could have done the Majorette section before Vogue. I'm sure most of it has to do with costume changes and stuff like that.

I would have liked another song in the last section after I'm Addicted....my dream would have been Skin. I played it at a gig the other night and the club went wild honestly :)

Some Girls should've been in there right after EY! Imagine those sirens ringing after that She's Not Me interlude!

I mean:

EY: "Don't go for second best, baby"

SG: "I'm not like all the rest, some girls are second best!"

with She's Not Me and BTW sliced in between....could it be anymore obvious?! :chuckle:

I liked that the section was short and lighthearted after the long and dark beginning first part of the show. I always skipped GMAYL on MDNA until I saw the tour live. It made appreciate the song more and I actually listen to it now on the album.

I liked that the section was short and lighthearted after the long and dark beginning first part of the show. I always skipped GMAYL on MDNA until I saw the tour live. It made appreciate the song more and I actually listen to it now on the album.

I just replaced GMAYL in the album with the Just Blazing Remix. Now everything is fine and I don't skip it anymore <3

I was watching Super Bowl performance last night and i was thinking: Open your heart could've been in that Majorette section with the drums and all that things. Just like sounded during SB.

She looks amazing in that outfit and the rich long wavy hair. Very vintage looking.

I even like the makeup. The outfit is very 40's inspired and not some bimbo cheerleader tacky crap.

I guess many people don't get it but that's the look they were going for!

She looks amazing in that outfit and the rich long wavy hair. Very vintage looking.

I even like the makeup. The outfit is very 40's inspired and not some bimbo cheerleader tacky crap.

I guess many people don't get it but that's the look they were going for!

Yesss! You nailed it. I don't think she looks frumpy here at all - it's just good old vintage Americana, it's really cool actually.

Madonna often does things that look cheap, tacky, or silly on first glance, like the bodysuit leotard on the Perfections Tour or the mesh with high waisted hot pants on Sticky & Sweet, but after watching it a few times you totally get the reference point and what she was going for. She's really got a good knack for costuming. Well, generally. She was on crack with some of the Reinvention Tour outfits, and the Raver Linebacker thing on Sticky & Sweet is definitely one of the all time worst!!!

YOOZ YOOZ!

I love the section, shame it's short. But Express Yourself works great opening the section and GMAYL is the perfect closer, and the segue bridging the two together is just amazing. It's impossible to fit any other tracks in there.

HAHAHA.

Madonna does not wear designer gowns on stage like most of the boring pop bitches, or tacky costumes like JLo and Kylie. Her outfits are part of the the story she's telling :thumbsup:.