Santiago De Chile - December 19th

Jamesy

Could it be she didn't do the first songs because of the shooting ? Perhaps she wasn't up for it...

It was just a brief mention. Something like "we have children being killed at school by a young boy". I filmed the whole show so I'll get a load of stuff including all that online at some point!

she's ill+ the rain + the shooting + she probably just want to end "this shit" after all these time on the road

i can totally understand the reason why she didn't do the first section

but at least the team should make an announcement or something

to keep thousands of fans waiting in the rain and didn't even give them a full show is plain rude and annoying

i mean as her fan i know she won't cut the show short just because she doesn't feel like doing it, there must be something serious, but sometimes an explanation is necessary and it will make people feel much better

I'm the first to say she's rude with her crazy late starts but HONESTLY tonight it did not feel that way.

You have no idea how horrendous the weather was. I genuinely thought the show was gonna be completely cancelled when the rain which had started to ease suddenly went mental at about 11pm.

Credit to her for doing the show. She gave her all.

I met a random couple on my way home - local people - and they said they loved the show. When I mentioned the missing section they had NO IDEA what I was talking about and even when I explained that 5 songs from the start weren't included they couldn't understand what I meant!

If this had anything to do with it, then she's not going to likely do it for the last show :(

JAMESY-what kind of dogs were they? They might belong to the the staff.

No! Santiago is dog central. It's amazing. I love it.

There's dogs EVERYWHERE in the city - they are roaming about everywhere - BEAUTIFUL BIG DOGS.

And there were a couple running around the Gold Circle - it was so funny. Even when the show started I kept seeing one. Totally amazing.

Could it be she didn't do the first songs because of the shooting ? Perhaps she wasn't up for it...

ç

but did she simply erase them or did they change them?

I mean, I think she has her reasons not to sing GB, but at least sing Holiday, for example, instead of it

it's a great thing you filmed the whole thing, Jamesy, can't wait to see it! good thing it's documented.

I am worried that she might be still sick for Saturday, please Madonna get well NOW!

Guest Not4Pussies

i dont see anything wrong with what she did.

yes it sucks Santiago did not get a full show

but people, it sounds like the rain was pretty bad and she is still ill.

at least she didnt cancel and gave them a show.

and people need to read the posts. SHE DID DO HOLIDAY for them

i dont see anything wrong with her cutting off the first section.

better to be safe than sorry

At least she could have done "Girl Gone Wild", "Gang Bang" and "Hung Up" :mellow:

How DARE people express disappointment that fans were deprived of 7 or so songs (but sampled the delights of Spanish Lesson) Yes she was sick, yes the weather was bad, yes they chose to put her in stadiums in December, yes the prospect of losing $5/6 MILLION DOLLARS didn't come into it. Let's just hope the final show goes without a hitch :santa:

Oh well. Let's hope she skips Chile next tour because this will affect her future ticket sales there I am sure.

I feel sorry for the fans most of all.

She has been ill for quite a while. She could (and probably should) have cancelled this show.

OMG maybe I'm paranoid but she hasn't been herself since Sao Paulo.

What if something is really wrong wrong with her...like more than just a flu?

OMG maybe I'm paranoid but she hasn't been herself since Sao Paulo.

What if something is really wrong wrong with her...like more than just a flu?

that kind of thought always freaks me out :ohmy:

Sorry but it's a creeping thought!

I always freak out when someone I love feel ill for more than a week because I had bad ecperince with something I thought was flu and turned out to be serious ilness.

Sorry but it's a creeping thought!

I always freak out when someone I love feel ill for more than a week because I had bad ecperince with something I thought was flu and turned out to be serious ilness.

To be honest with you it is most likely a flu that has gotten or is the way to getting nasty (i.e. lower respiratory tract infection / pneumonia) because she hasn't had a proper rest. I can see why she just wants to power through to the end of the tour and then take a proper break.

While no doubt she's sad that she only has one show left on this tour, given her current state of health, she's probably extremely relieved that she cancelled the Australian leg (as much as that still bites). She's sick and she's exhausted. She needs a good break.

Isn't it summer in Chile? Many artists do stadium shows in Australia in December and there's always the risk that it will rain, but that doesn't stop them. I don't see why Madonna should avoid performing in stadiums in the Chilean summer. As someone pointed out, it's the worst December rain they've ever had, so they've just been unlucky.

As Jamesy (I think...?) said, the average fan had no idea that five songs had been dropped from the setlist - they just enjoyed what they saw. They won't offer partial refunds and they're not obliged to, because the ticket does not specify the length of the show. If the media tears her apart and makes no mention of the insane weather affecting the performance (in terms of both Madonna's safety and the safety of her cast and crew), then more fool them.

Same but perhaps the lesson to be learned by her and management is that stadium shows are shit for concerts. Yes it's great to do one show and get the money and Satisfy your ego but for fans they are shite. You can't see unless you get there hours before and then wait for hours for it I start. You can't drink or go to the toilet. Please please please arena shows next time!!!! Then you won't get cold by performing in the rain and can take days off in between.