Santiago De Chile - December 19th

Jamesy

Rules are there to be broken, pretty sure Madonna has broken more than a few rules in her time, and again I personally do not consider someone smoking outside in the fresh air for a big enough problem to behave like she did... now does it surprise me that she did? not especially, I do think that she should have been professional enough to have handled it differently though, as I personally do not think anything positive will come out of blowing something that much out of proportion...

"Rules are there to be broken"?? REALLY....lol. OK.....you're obviously just playing devil's advocate here OR just a hardcore smoker as you just simply refuse to see any fault with the actual smoker(s). As a smoker myself, I have definitely tried to "break the rules" and smoke where I shouldn't ....which is fine and harmless sometimes, but when you get caught smoking where you KNOW you shouldn't be anyways THEN it's time to just put it out at least for the time being. I simply cannot imagine being say at an outdoor party and smoking a cigarette, having the host (or anyone for that matter) ask me twice to put it out and simply refusing to. Sorry, that's just RUDE! Just because I want to inhale carbon monoxide, doesn't mean everyone around me does! If this guy were smoking in a designated area and she did this, I would NOT be on her side but he chose to break the rules, he got caught and he refused to stop. She's not wrong in this case.

I love how in ANY situation just about these days smoking is painted as disgusting, annoying and disrespectful to the people around it....EXCEPT of course when Madonna calls someone out for it then it's "ohhhh.....poor guy, she should just let him smoke. she's a bitch etc etc". PLEASE....give me a break.

She's a wise woman but lately she behaves like a dumbass, like in Cordoba when she asked for a cigar (?????). Why? It's so stupid from her side. I'm not shocked to see a cut due bad weather conditions, even if she went to the stage 1 hour later (the first one was for the Dj) but when she laughed about her fans I think she's a loser. It's ok to be against the establishment but against your fans??? I don't understand in a woman who asks for respect. It is obvious that she has made some bad decisions with this last project (album, shows, promotion and even with her manager). Anyway....time goes by so FAST for her now, she's not the media darling anymore and I am not feel good very good for that, because I'll be the happiest guy if she could score a new # 1 in USA or UK.

She's a wise woman but lately she behaves like a dumbass, like in Cordoba when she asked for a cigar (?????). Why? It's so stupid from her side. I'm not shocked to see a cut due bad weather conditions, even if she went to the stage 1 hour later (the first one was for the Dj) but when she laughed about her fans I think she's a loser. It's ok to be against the establishment but against your fans??? I don't understand in a woman who asks for respect. It is obvious that she has made some bad decisions with this last project (album, shows, promotion and even with her manager). Anyway....time goes by so FAST for her now, she's not the media darling anymore and I am not feel good very good for that, because I'll be the happiest guy if she could score a new # 1 in USA or UK.

are you that slow or you just have zero sense of humour, irony, and common knowledge in the behaviour of people?

No, I am a super fan and I am not upset about the short show she did, but why she bothers to send messages to Chile from Cordoba?...That's nonsense. As she herself said, she's a human.....and I realize she is.....for her stupid behavior. By the way, I've been in 3 shows before (Girlie Show in Argentina, Confessions in Philly, Sticky & Sweet in Santiago and now MDNA in Santiago again). So, this is not my first time and I have a huge sense of human for having following for more than 20 years! ( I'm 41 years old). But if she wants to keep relevance she doesn't have to act like a fool, at least with her fans

She was being ironic. I don't think she tried to send a fuck you message to Chile, but rather to poke fun at all the drama the smoking caused.

That's why we love madonna. I though it was hilarious, the way she asked for light ;)

Madonna has a great sense of humor.

Just look at the speeches from this tour!

So many dumb asses bashing her on Youtube and Facebook comments for being a hypocrite .How can people be so blind

her fans are mostly older than 18 and don't need to be pampered like little babies who don't have a sense of humor.

She's not perfect and she was like an idiot acting like she did it in Cordoba. Stupid girl.

she will continue to sell music, break records, gross extortionate amounts on tour and raise 4 kids as well! We all know Madonna is at her best when she is "hated" and these "haters" do seem to keep her rich!

she will continue to sell music, break records, gross extortionate amounts on tour and raise 4 kids as well! We all know Madonna is at her best when she is "hated" and these "haters" do seem to keep her rich!

I really don't think so...She hadn't have a hit with her last record in UK nor Europe, her main market

so hold up, you think madonna sold less cd singles last year because she smoked a cigarette after clearly suggesting she isn't found of it (assuming they somehow had a time machine specifically for the use of madonna events only) ?

don't fret, I know what you meant: she has been a bitch and hated for a very long time now, clearly it's not an issue in terms of the sales of her music and concerts, otherwise they would have stopped giving her money since 1983.

She's my idol but that doesn't mean she is alright in everything she does. I think she lacks of sense of humor!...perhaps because she's not young anymore.

Another ageist comment...it's beyond idiotic.

Madonna has never been a media darling. Even in 1984 and 1985, when she was the hottest most talked about new star by a country mile, the press was predicting her downfall and dismissing her as a sexy, pretty girl with no talent. I started loving Madonna as an 11 year old and therefore as kids do, I kept a scrapbook of all the magazine and newspaper articles on her. I also have old scrapbooks on Olivia Newton John, Abba, Wham, Cyndi Lauper and AHA , I am not ashamed of my so called daggy taste, I wear it with pride. Anyway, I often look at my Madonna scrapbooks and I can tell you that the majority of the articles written about her were nasty, horrible and treated her like a dopey sex symbol who corrupted young girls etc. When I look at the scrapbooks on the other stars I mentioned, it is at least 95% positive, yet with Madonna, I would say honestly it would be 30% positive. Anyway, she has become the biggest star of our time so I suppose it does not matter. This is a great quote from Henry Rollins I love posted below

On this topic, someone who deserves her own paragraph is no doubt Madonna.

She took more flak than any woman who ever hit a stage.

She didn’t flinch.

She stood down the world. She did it her way and continues to.

Guest bluejean

When it comes to Madonna being a "bitch" all I really hear is total admiration for the fact that she's a strong woman who is ballsy and in charge of her career. People love it. The criticisms are that she's old, desperate and a has been. So I really don't think a little spat about people smoking is going to have any effect on her reputation at all. The media and the public love it because its funny. It's Madonna at it again, being her usual self. Even the tone of the articles are humorous.