MDNA Tour: Billboard's Top Tour of 2012: Final Boxscore - $305,158,362

Apples388

Brilliant. :clap:

Love that she will have the last laugh with these incredible numbers. All Hail the Queen!!

She is laughing all way to the bank as we speak.

Let me finish with this little treat:

"Elton John: 'Madonna's tour is a disaster and her career is over'"

tumblr_lxvbwi7IKo1qcurh2o1_500.jpg

:rotfl:

when the toal was at 233 millions

vande

Elitist

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

i bet 70millions for the remaining dates....

---------

----

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

snapback.pngvande, on 21 November 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

I think 45M is more likely...in some places she is charging almost twice as much compared to the S&S Tour but she hasn't sold as many tickets this time around, not even close.

:confessions::headbang::queenbitch:

when the toal was at 233 millions

vande

Elitist

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

---------

----

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

snapback.pngvande, on 21 November 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

I think 45M is more likely...in some places she is charging almost twice as much compared to the S&S Tour but she hasn't sold as many tickets this time around, not even close.

:confessions:/> :headbang:/> :queenbitch:/>

I bet everyone (fans) that were wrong are HAPPY to be wrong

She is laughing all way to the bank as we speak.

Let me finish with this little treat:

"Elton John: 'Madonna's tour is a disaster and her career is over'"

tumblr_lxvbwi7IKo1qcurh2o1_500.jpg

Yeah I remember he said that 6 months ago. He also said that she's a fairground stripper and that she's a horrible human being. No wonder he's so upset. He's made $40m with a tour that had 9 legs and lasted for 2 years with 150 shows

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Hits_Tour_(Elton_John)

Probably also because of this:

http://www.billboard.com/specials/hot100/charts/top100-artists-20.shtml

elton_john_david_furnish_1987.jpg

I hope it makes its way to the mainstream media.... even the blogs haven't caught up yet as I just saw. Regardless, a full Southamerican tour next time would be the right thing. Sold out stadiums in every capital is a given. NO ONE comes close to her over there, NO ONE...

I hope it makes its way to the mainstream media.... even the blogs haven't caught up yet as I just saw. Regardless, a full Southamerican tour next time would be the right thing. Sold out stadiums in every capital is a given. NO ONE comes close to her over there, NO ONE...

While I agree she remains strong in South America, her totals are much lower than last time. Colombia's gargantuan sum is most likely due to the fact that she has never played there before. New markets in South America could have similar draws, but her Brazil and Argentina numbers are well below S&S's totals. I suspect by a third round, she could have exhausted a lot of places (see: Europe).

That said, I do hope she does Peru, Venezuela, and Puerto Rico next time (I know PR is not South America but I am lumping it in for now).

awesome!!!!

so if this is the second tour under the LN contract how many are left?

Under the 2007 terms there are 2 albums and 2 tours left

The deal was for 3 albums and 4 tours, Sticky counts as one obviously

^ :chuckle:

Plus according to that very same 2007 deal she retains 70% of merchandising gross and 50% of licensing sales. Merchandising for the Virgin Tour totalled at a staggering $80m, that was 28 years ago. I can't even imagine what she does on merchandising alone these days. Her past 5 tours combined generated a total of $1,150,000,000 in revenue during the course of 11 years

When you add all her other side ventures and that she does back to back $15m a pop fashion campaigns you do the math. Those fucking Forbes assessments of celebrities' networth are really useless. People also forget that she's made quite a bit of money before her Live Nation affiliation began in 2001. Royalties for record sales of over 20m copies were quite something in the 80s and 90s. And she's had a handful of 15m/20m sellers along the years. $20m - $30m of 1985 -1991 is not the same as saying $20m of today (though of course is still a great sum). If you take in investments made since the 80s, inflation and interests earned it's very likely she's a billionaire by now and not just once. $400m networth after 30 years of that sort of thing my ass.

$700m plus worth of concert revenue alone in the past 4 years