MDNA Tour: Billboard's Top Tour of 2012: Final Boxscore - $305,158,362

Apples388

Guest Rachelle of London

hahaha I'm obsessed with it...I only went to two shows, London and Dallas...after my Dallas show I was so depressed...I was never like this after CT, or S&S either...watching YT videos as I type this looool!!!!

I was reading The Guardian today and it had an article on LiveNation and the problems they've been having with AEG in London (which is part of the reason everything was in Hyde Park and not the O2 apparently) and they were talking all about Coldplay and Rihanna and made absolutely no mention anywhere in the article about M, including at the end with a list of LiveNation's top earners... is this possible or was it appalling journalism?

Guest Rachelle of London

ooh I know Madonna couldnt do o2 cos everywhere was being prepped for the Olympics, plus she'd have to do multiple nights at the o2 to play the same audience as one night at Hyde Park...but thats bad, M should defo of been on the list of top earners....

Maybe that list was for 2011 cos Rihannas tour ended in December 2011...I dunno

I felt really shitty and empty after my last show in Madison Square Garden :cries:. I wanted to catch her in South America one last time but couldn't because of an injury.

I can't imagine what it felt like for M and the crew to end the crazy journey of the MDNA Tour.

All the gals live in hope for MDNA reloaded...including ME *PraysToWhoeverWillListen*

But as I see dancers and other crew move on with things on Twitter, I secretly know it is truly done. That upsets me :(

This is why I have no purpose....my life is nothing without MDNA :lol:

Perhaps it feels incomplete because of the Australia fuck up...it would have wrapped up here a week ago and then we could have been satisfied and move on.

don't expect any more 2nd leg... if she does a 2nd leg in 2013, she will need to tour again on 2015 and 2017, it is getting dangerously saturated... if she'll do another 2-legged tour, she should do it at the last with LN

How many shows did you watch?

3 MDNAs for me

I wish there could have been more but hey better than nothing. At the third show it was as if it had been still the first after all those youtube views no less. 3rd time I was in the Golden Triangle. This tour was the cherry on top of 15 wonderful years of fandom. When you think she's done it all and been the best ever, she just goes bam and outdoes herself. Again

I'd be happy to pay even $800 to see someone like her perform. She's worth it all and then some. And I have to eternally thank Hector and Guy Oseary who've made possible for me and a lot of other fans to see this kind of show from the best possible vantage point. I'll never forget it.

Guest pedrohdi

If a second leg was to happen, wich I don't believe it will, it should go to Australasia, tour that region extensively and skip all of Europe and all Americas!

Australia+Indonesia+Japan+Singapur

i m in jakarta next summer so i would be glad to see it again.

As she was selling MDNA CD with tickets she should sell DVD.

She could earn 100 000 000 $ there and beat S&S.

BUT that is just my wishfull thinking.

She coul put out new single out for a summer if she is not going to do second leg. New album in october or november.

And honestly i live only for tours.

Speaking of Drowned World Tour I wish there were HQ videos from Europe where her hair was flawless and she wore the red kilt as pasqual mentioned.

Guest Rachelle of London

Speaking of Drowned World Tour I wish there were HQ videos from Europe where her hair was flawless and she wore the red kilt as pasqual mentioned.

YESSSSS

Australia+Indonesia+Japan+Singapur

i m in jakarta next summer so i would be glad to see it again.

As she was selling MDNA CD with tickets she should sell DVD.

She could earn 100 000 000 $ there and beat S&S.

BUT that is just my wishfull thinking.

She coul put out new single out for a summer if she is not going to do second leg. New album in october or november.

And honestly i live only for tours.

Both Indonesia & Singapur government will not allow nude performance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gang bang

madonna might win the Billboard touring award this year , if she does or not the second leg , hope pink can t gross over 130 m this year

well she deserves the creative award, that's for sure. I hope they won't go for PINK because she's the safe & predictable one to give it to. plus I really don't like her shows at all, they're like a circus. too camp for me.

ew, as long as it aint gaga

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

:mad: I believe Bruce Springsteen just kick MDNA Tour out from the all time top 10 :gross:

of course, he touring like 6 months more than madonna, and doing many many more dates than her.

:mad: I believe Bruce Springsteen just kick MDNA Tour out from the all time top 10 :gross:

of course, he touring like 6 months more than madonna, and doing many many more dates than her.

I think that there isn't much to be proud of in comparison

Because he's at $303 having already done 25 shows more than Madonna did for MDNA

10 shows to go and 130 gigs in total

I'm glad they are counted as a Group, aren't they?... So Madonna is still a very solid Solo act.

The thing about the old rockers is that they do more shows, and often break up their tours into legs that go on for multiple years (sometimes). And they can do that because their show is so different than M's. Not saying playing instruments is not hard work, don't get me wrong...but it's just an entirely different discipline to execute night after night compared to a large-scale song and dance show more akin to musical theater (which probably also costs a hell of a lot more to take around the world). It's almost a totally unfair comparison.

Considering that the rockers are mostly 'legend' acts performing mostly greatest hits, and that they reach these numbers by going out for a much longer time on the road...it really shows how Madonna can still hold her place in their 'club' of ultimate touring acts while not relying on greatest hits, creating an entirely new show each time from the ground up, executing a show that is purely physical on every level, doing pop/dance music (a genre that usually is catered to only the youth). Who else as a solo artist, as a woman, is doing that...? Even if they rank higher than her on some of the overall charts, I think her accomplishments actually mean more...

The thing about the old rockers is that they do more shows, and often break up their tours into legs that go on for multiple years (sometimes). And they can do that because their show is so different than M's. Not saying playing instruments is not hard work, don't get me wrong...but it's just an entirely different discipline to execute night after night compared to a large-scale song and dance show more akin to musical theater (which probably also costs a hell of a lot more to take around the world). It's almost a totally unfair comparison.

Considering that the rockers are mostly 'legend' acts performing mostly greatest hits, and that they reach these numbers by going out for a much longer time on the road...it really shows how Madonna can still hold her place in their 'club' of ultimate touring acts while not relying on greatest hits, creating an entirely new show each time from the ground up, executing a show that is purely physical on every level, doing pop/dance music (a genre that usually is catered to only the youth). Who else as a solo artist, as a woman, is doing that...? Even if they rank higher than her on some of the overall charts, I think her accomplishments actually mean more...

Roger Waters has barely broken through the MDNA figure and his tour has been going on for 40 months now :chuckle: