MDNA Tour: Billboard's Top Tour of 2012: Final Boxscore - $305,158,362

Apples388

And plus Madonna performed in stadiums on the NA leg of S&S and she opted to go to arenas for MDNA this time because of the recession

Oh I thought she decided to do it because it was cold hahahah

Guest boytoyville

And plus Madonna performed in stadiums on the NA leg of S&S and she opted to go to arenas for MDNA this time because of the recession

At least she did two back to back stadium shows at Yankee Stadium. That was pretty sweet!

Oh I thought she decided to do it because it was cold hahahah

I was thinking the same thing, but the US S&S shows where in Fall 2008, so pretty much the same time as MDNA.

The North America leg of MDNA grossed more than S&S. If I've done my maths correctly only for North America shows inc Canada below is my worth working out

S&S 2008 28 shows, grossing approx $90M, Tix Sales around 600 Thousand mark

MDNA 43 shows, grossing approx $118M Tix Sales around 701 Thousand mark.

Gaga's Paris show made $6,367,305 and had 70,617 people attendance.

Madonna's Paris show made

$7,195,799 and had

62,195 people in

attendance.

seriously? they need to talk about TWO out of 88 shows in which gaga outsold madonna? (and only because madonna performed two OTHER dates in france while gaga couldnt even sell out Nice and had to move it to a small arena?) madonna outsold gaga in france as a whole, obviously. but since monsters are idiots and pretend nice (or bulgaria, or south america) didnt happen.. of course they won't notice this

Gaga did NOT outsell Madonna in Paris.

It's amazing that Madonna managed to out sell gaga with less people in attendance.

Gaga's Paris tickets were cheap and they cut the prices before the show.

I'm not even talking about gaga's Nice fiasco.

The only "area" in this entire ridiculous stupid and senseless Gaga vs. Madonna thing where Gaga would "win" over Madonna is her theoretical pulling power in the UK and Ireland. Nothing else.

It's pointless to point out Paris because Madonna sold more tickets in France as a country and made more money from the Paris show and in France as a country - so don't even bother going there.

I don't get the Brits at all!

The press and 'fans' trashed Madonna's Hyde Park concerts, as they did in Dublin and Scotland.

Remember the stupid headlines of hundreds of fans walking out?

Gaga on the other hand had two stadium shows that SUCKED according to people that attended the show, and her second show looked half empty, yet I didn't read anything about it in the UK press.

Same goes to her Dublin show.

Yeah what the fuck was up with Daily Fail.

They had a glowing review of the show, and within a few HOURS they changed the headlines to 'hundred walked out of the show'!

BIG WTF!!!!!!

Same happened in Edinburgh. One or two websites quoted tweets from 'fans' claiming hundreds walked out.

I am sorry I was just shocked because I thought M would be really welcomed in UK. I know it was just some tabloids that created the bad buzz but still.

LOL at Gaga. She was really ignored in the UK and even the monsters seemed bored at Twickenham. I think she cut the second show short. The mainstream media did not trash her but I read some REALLY bad reviews of the show.

I was surprised she filled Aviva Stadium in Dublin, but I doubt it will happen again. Some reviewers there really saw the show for the garbage it is.

Madonna, Paul Oakenfold

Estadio Atanasio Gerardo

Medellin, Colombia

Nov. 28-29, 2012

$14,741,104

90,018 /

2 /

$375.28, $66.23

Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Latin America/OCESA-CIE

Madonna, Paul Oakenfold

Foro Sol

Mexico City, Mexico

Nov. 24-25, 2012

$11,586,745

84,382 /

2 /

$771.47, $27

Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Latin America/OCESA-CIE

Madonna, Gui Boratto

Estadio do Morumbi

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Dec. 4-5, 2012

$8,430,677

85,255 /

2 /

$403.72, $40.37

Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Latin America/T4F-Time For Fun

Madonna, Fabricio Pecanha

Estadio Olimpico Monumental

Porto Alegre, Brazil

Dec. 9, 2012

$7,578,191

42,524 /

1 /

$385.64, $28.92

Madonna, Paul Oakenfold

American Airlines Arena

Miami, Fla.

Nov. 19-20, 2012

$5,241,125

27,976 /

2 /

$355, $45

Live Nation Global Touring

Madonna, Felguk

Parque dos Atletas

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Dec. 2, 2012

$4,332,428

34,709 /

1 /

$397.88, $46.81

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/charts/currentboxscore.jsp

Looking at that, why the hell isn't Gaga trashed when M gets it for only selling 50k tickets In Hyde park

What the hell goes on in the press, are they waiting for a big implosion of beating Gaga down? Hope so

Anyways fucking impressive numbers for The Queen

So confirmed until now:

284,904,327 million dollars

TBA: Buenos Aires, Santiago and Córdoba

Thanks Mat.Guy!

Can we all assume that the rest of the shows will then break her the $300 million mark? :wow:

Thanks Mat.Guy!

Can we all assume that the rest of the shows will then break her the $300 million mark? :wow:

I think that too.

Córdoba looked really packed and Buenos Aires had 2 shows. Plus Santiago.

I doubt the 4 remaining shows will score just 11 million dollars to match that 296 figure Pollstar published.

But after seeing Rio numbers....... I just don't know.

So what happened in Rio? Is it a case that they officially went with that figure as they had released so many tickets but she ended up selling more? Clearly they can't doctor results because as you can see for Lady Gaga in Colombia she had a venue with 6,000 tickets unsold. If that were the case for Madonna in Rio, we'd have seen it too.

With 2 shows in Buenos Aires, and good attendance in the other 2 shows, I can't see how it wouldn't.

I know but I don't want to count my chicks before they hatch-ED bayyrrgghh-byy!! (Ace of Base "Wheel of Fortune" EDIT).

Plus Pollstar generally reports slightly different (lower) figures than Billboard historically anyway, right? OR maybe I'm wrong. I remember something about The Confessions Tour and a slight discrepancy there.

I know but I don't want to count my chicks before they hatch-ED bayyrrgghh-byy!! (Ace of Base "Wheel of Fortune" EDIT).

Plus Pollstar generally reports slightly different (lower) figures than Billboard historically anyway, right? OR maybe I'm wrong. I remember something about The Confessions Tour and a slight discrepancy there.

Yoosh and even if we really lowball Buenos Aires and say that the two shows only grossed 7 million, that'd mean that she'd grossed only 5 million between Cordoba and Santiago and I'd say both those shows are at least 4 million each. Which puts her above Pollstar.

YOOZ YOOZ!

I wonder if it was a case of market saturation in Brazil. These are huge crowds we are talking about still. But she had gone there for S&S in 2008 and that was hugely anticipated as it was her first time back there since The Girlie Show. It may be that when she plays Brazil for the next tour (which of course she will) she may have to play fewer dates, but it's still not a biggie. She is still the Queen of Latin America by far.

I think the Queen got a lovely Christmas present when Billboard announced MDNA Tour as the Number 1 Tour of 2012; but she will have a nice cherry on top when the final figures from the entire tour are tallied up and that $300 million mark is successfully breached. :wow: