MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Msig

Everything Eurovision

It will be nice because things can change in a second!!!!!

I wonder what they will do though. First they will connect with all countries to give the people vote and then will the other vote appear instantly? Because i can see what will happen: a country will win, then the jury will give other votes and another will win and the first one will tell that there was dirty work!

^ now someone calculate the previous years results in this system?

In both 2012, 2014 and 2015, the top 5 would have been the almost same, though Italy would have finished 2nd last year, with Russia 3rd. In 2011, Greece would have finished 5th instead of Denmark - the rest of the top 5 would have been the same.

In 2013, the full split results weren't revealed, so we'll never know how the result would have been with the new system.

Remarkably, if the new system had been introduced last year, Azerbaijan would have failed to make the final for the first time ever.

It will be nice because things can change in a second!!!!!

I wonder what they will do though. First they will connect with all countries to give the people vote and then will the other vote appear instantly? Because i can see what will happen: a country will win, then the jury will give other votes and another will win and the first one will tell that there was dirty work!

No, the spokespersons of the participating countries will present the jury votes. Once all jury votes have been given, the presenters will announce the televoting points.

The Icelandic final was held yesterday, and the Bosnian entry has also been presented. They're probably my favourites from the entries selected so far, and they both happen to be by former Eurovision participants (Greta Salóme represented Iceland in 2012 and Deen represented Bosnia & Herzegovina in 2004).

Oh, I almost forgot the Georgian entry, which has also been selected.

One more song chosen, this time from Ukraine. Another one of my favourites :)

Interesting one, like it

I hope next year Turkey comes back,

this year there were some negotiations, but they couldnt come to an agreement,

so fingers crossed for next year !

Did Italy chose its presenter ?

I think that's my favorite. The song is great and her voice is very beautiful.

Did Italy chose its presenter ?

Italy will be represented by Francesca Michielin. It's likely that she'll go with her Sanremo entry, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

thank you Msig !!!!

I love Ukraines performance !!!! Shes a lovely girl

The Cypriot entry was just presented. The song was written by the band members themselves along with Swedish songwriter Thomas G:son, who has previously co-written 10 Eurovision entries for 5 different countries, including Loreen's "Euphoria", which won the contest in 2012.

I like it, though I think it gets a tad repetitive towards the end.

EDIT: Is is just me, or is the chorus melody a little similar to Britney Spears' "Till the World Ends"?

Aaaand we have a song from Germany, sung by Jamie-Lee Kriewitz, who won The Voice of Germany in 2015.

IMO,her styling is more memorable than the song itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S0BImQSAZg

I love the song from Germany this year and hope it does well

Which reminded me that Croatia's back to the competition this year with our winner of the Voice 2015. The song will be presented in early March.

Not too keen on this singer and the talent show stars in general, we'll see how it turns out..

The UK 'You Decide' show has just started! So far, three songs in and we're still nul pointing!

*edit*

and the winners are 'Joe and Jake'! Good song but lacking stage presence I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4XZOeZoxD8

I think this would have been a better choice for Eurovision though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S7Y4otb4NY

The UK 'You Decide' show has just started! So far, three songs in and we're still nul pointing!

*edit*

and the winners are 'Joe and Jake'! Good song but lacking stage presence I think.

[VIDEO]

I think this would have been a better choice for Eurovision though

[VIDEO]

I agree. Although Bianca's song would have been better if Leona Lewis had sung it herself (yes, it was co-written and originally demoed by Leona), I think she's a better performer that Joe and Jake.

Quite a few songs have been chosen/revealed during the weekend:

I like the verses of the Norwegian entry, and I like the chorus. Unfortunately, they sound like they come from two very different songs that just don't fit each other. The transition from verse to chorus is very awkward.

As it happens, it was co-written by Gabriel Alares, who previously co-wrote the Russian entries in 2013 & 2015. He also co-wrote this year's entry from Moldova.

Latvia also chose their entry, IMO their best since their debut in 2000. The song was written by Aminata Savadogo, who represented Latvia last year, finishing 6th.

France is also entering their best song in quite a few years:

The Icelandic final was held yesterday, and the Bosnian entry has also been presented. They're probably my favourites from the entries selected so far, and they both happen to be by former Eurovision participants (Greta Salóme represented Iceland in 2012 and Deen represented Bosnia & Herzegovina in 2004).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRWOre_CRPs

Oh, I almost forgot the Georgian entry, which has also been selected.

Deen has changed, a bit:

I like Latvia's entry, it's a good electro pop track but it's miles away from reaching the brilliance from Aminata's song last year which was breathtaking.

I agree. Although Bianca's song would have been better if Leona Lewis had sung it herself (yes, it was co-written and originally demoed by Leona), I think she's a better performer that Joe and Jake.

Quite a few songs have been chosen/revealed during the weekend:

I like the verses of the Norwegian entry, and I like the chorus. Unfortunately, they sound like they come from two very different songs that just don't fit each other. The transition from verse to chorus is very awkward.

As it happens, it was co-written by Gabriel Alares, who previously co-wrote the Russian entries in 2013 & 2015. He also co-wrote this year's entry from Moldova.

Yes, I think a lot of people in the UK think Bianca was more 'Eurovision' and also Joe and Jake have a good song but probably won't win. However, hopefully we'll do well and not rank in the lower regions of the scoreboard again!

Armenia's entry has been revealed. Definitely less of a mess than their 2015 entry, though it seems to be lacking that instant appeal which is key to success at Eurovision.

Australia's entrant will be announced by Conchita Wurst in two and a half hours.

It's official: Australia will be represented in Stockholm by Korean-Australian singer Dami Im. She shot to fame in 2013 by winning the 5th season of The X Factor Australia, mentored by Dannii Minogue.

Below is her X Factor winner's single, "Alive" - her song for Eurovision will be released on 11 March.

The Russian entry has been revealed. It will definitely qualify for the final, but it won't win. I guess it could make the top 10, though, depending on the live performance.

The song was written by a multinational songwriting team consisting of John Ballard, Ralph Charlie (both Swedish), Dimitris Kontopoulos (Greek) and Philipp Kirkorov (Russian) - all of whom have previously co-written several Eurovision entries, most of which have made the top 10.

Furthermore, Serbia's national broadcaster confirmed today that Serbia will be represented by Sanja Vučić, best known as the lead singer of the band ZAA.

The song itself will be revealed on 12 March. Rumour has it that it was written by Ivana Peters, lead singer of the rock band Negative.

Two more countries chose their entries yesterday, namely Estonia and Poland.

Personally, I would have preferred Edyta Górniak for Poland, but oh well. You can't always get what you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53-HcrqRnlE

One more entry, this time from Romania:

Personally, I'm really looking forward to hearing the Macedonian entry, which will be revealed tonight :)

Where is Douwe Bob from the Netherlands?

still can get over his gay ass..

Bosnia-2004.jpg

Where is Douwe Bob from the Netherlands?

Right here:

Kaliopi and her Dona say hi :)

I like the song, though it's not quite as her 2012 entry. Production-wise, it does sound a bit dated, but AFAIK, that was the sound they went for.

With 32 entries chosen so far, I think it's one of the stronger songs, and - so far - it's the only songs in semifinal 2 that isn't sung entirely or partially in English.

Croatia has just revealed its entry for Stockholm.

Italy has also confirmed that Francesca Michelin will be competing with her 2016 Sanremo entry - however, it is yet to be decided whether she'll perform the song in Italian or English.