Miami 20th November - 2nd Official Recording Date

Mat.Guy

Guest boytoyville

i just told my friend, a casual madonna fan who saw MDNA in LA and loved it

that the dvd will be from Miami

his response....

"MIAMI??? what the fuck!?"

Miami is actually a really fun and vibrant city. i would say more so even than LA but just my opinion. I like both of those cities.

It will take a genius editor to create an ilusion of a packed house :semifunny:

Nah, just don't show it. No ones buying it for the crowd, i wanna see the stage performances, i don't care one bit about seeing the crowd.

Guest bluejean

The DVD will be amazing there's no doubt. I do think New York would have been better mainly because she has NEVER filmed a New York show and that is one of her main stomping grounds. Plus it just sounds cooler. But whatever.

I was at this show and I am so happy that the MDNA tour was my first concert experience! I really thought that I wasn't going to be able to make it because of the price but when there's a will there's a way and I wasn't going to miss out on what I feel is one of Madonna's coolest eras. I was sitting in sec 110 and I was shocked to see how close I was to the stage. I didn't mind waiting at all and I felt that generally the audience didn't mind either. In fact, it wasn't until after ten that the arena was really filling up. Maybe people suspected that she would be late? The demographic of the audience was comprised mostly of middle-aged women in groups, perhaps wanting to revisit their glory days in High School.

Once the lights went off for GGW everyone in the arena stood up and starting screaming for Madonna. I think this surprised Madonna who I feel might have been a bit anxious/unsure after the audience of the previous night. She even made a remark during her monologue how much more lively the crowd was in comparison. However, even though the audience might have been an improvement to the previous night, I still felt that the only fault to my MDNA experience was the crowd. It really pissed me off to see people not only sitting down but checking their facebooks and emails! I could not believe it, why do you want to check out what your friends on FB are doing, you are seeing Madonna! I almost lost it when these two business men behind me, who had their arms crossed the whole time, asked me to sit down!

After the show, as everyone was leaving arena, I overheard a lot of people complaining about the lack of hits. I think most of the audience was not as familiar with the MDNA album like I was.

" People responded better to her old hits. I mean, I get that she inspires Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj. But she shouldn't change who she is by trying to do techno." -Drunken middle-aged woman

" Yea Madonna was alright. But she doesn't really do a concert, it's more of just a show. You know who does an amazing concert? Celine Dion, she is absolutely amazing!" -tasteless gay

Like a Prayer was definitely the concert highlight. Everyone was up singing and dancing and I'll never forget it. But I just feel like as an artist, Madonna is just misunderstood.

I was at this show and I am so happy that the MDNA tour was my first concert experience! I really thought that I wasn't going to be able to make it because of the price but when there's a will there's a way and I wasn't going to miss out on what I feel is one of Madonna's coolest eras. I was sitting in sec 110 and I was shocked to see how close I was to the stage. I didn't mind waiting at all and I felt that generally the audience didn't mind either. In fact, it wasn't until after ten that the arena was really filling up. Maybe people suspected that she would be late? The demographic of the audience was comprised mostly of middle-aged women in groups, perhaps wanting to revisit their glory days in High School.

Once the lights went off for GGW everyone in the arena stood up and starting screaming for Madonna. I think this surprised Madonna who I feel might have been a bit anxious/unsure after the audience of the previous night. She even made a remark during her monologue how much more lively the crowd was in comparison. However, even though the audience might have been an improvement to the previous night, I still felt that the only fault to my MDNA experience was the crowd. It really pissed me off to see people not only sitting down but checking their facebooks and emails! I could not believe it, why do you want to check out what your friends on FB are doing, you are seeing Madonna! I almost lost it when these two business men behind me, who had their arms crossed the whole time, asked me to sit down!

After the show, as everyone was leaving arena, I overheard a lot of people complaining about the lack of hits. I think most of the audience was not as familiar with the MDNA album like I was.

" People responded better to her old hits. I mean, I get that she inspires Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj. But she shouldn't change who she is by trying to do techno." -Drunken middle-aged woman

" Yea Madonna was alright. But she doesn't really do a concert, it's more of just a show. You know who does an amazing concert? Celine Dion, she is absolutely amazing!" -tasteless gay

Like a Prayer was definitely the concert highlight. Everyone was up singing and dancing and I'll never forget it. But I just feel like as an artist, Madonna is just misunderstood.

haha, that was great :D

he really has no taste.

If you want to listen to old songs in their original version, then just put your cd and listen to it, but this is a live concert, a whole new experience.

MDNAshowme.jpg

This is me trying to take in the fact that I was going to be in the same room as Madonna :)/> lol I can't wait to see how it shows on Blu-ray

Aw, you look like a puppet :1251: x.

This are exactly the two comments I overheard from middle-aged women during both nights in San Jose. The first one is factually inaccurate, as she performs MANY songs of yore during this concert - which leads me to believe that what really throws people off is that she doesn't play the original songs.

She's really been on the road too long. Now i'm kinda glad that she just said a quick "thanks for the support" then got on with the show when I saw her. I'm sure that SEVEN MINUTES + of...well I dunno what it was... gets cut down to a minute or two on the DVD.

it looks to me like it was supposed to be like that all along but she was more comftable in the other pants or something

I think you may be right. It looks nice to me but it may be a pain in the ass (literally) to dance with it.

awww what a lovely review, and look how close u were! amazing! x

Thank you! =] I was surprised myself, I thought I was barely going to be able to see her. The arena felt smaller than I expected. There were not even any big screens to watch it on, which I thought was strange. I felt bad for the people in the nosebleeds lol

Edited by Seraphim

Yeah it's not the texture that looks bad. I can definitely see how they might read better on the screen..It's just the jegging/legging quality of them and the super tacky zippers. I hate zippers/buttons/snaps/laces on clothes that are purely ornamental and serve no purpose.

Thank you! =] I was surprised myself, I thought I was barely going to be able to see her. The arena felt smaller than I expected. There were not even any big screens to watch it on, which I thought was strange. I felt bad for the people in the nosebleeds lol

They didn't put the side screens because of the filming. Something about it not looking good on film.

I don't know if this is for night 1 or for both but here's a comment from another forum:

Then we found out that the reason for the delay was the joined effort with Vyclone (there was basically NO RECEPTION on the floor for this shit to work as they wanted it). But I guess they were determined to make it happen. Having watched the video on Vyclone. Was it worth the effort? My answer: No, not really!

So there is another confirmation that it's not true that Madonna was just sitting on her ass wasting time.

I don't know if this is for night 1 or for both but here's a comment from another forum:

So there is another confirmation that it's not true that Madonna was just sitting on her ass wasting time.

That still won't be enough for some people :(

When Madonna performed in Brisbane (Australia) 19 years ago today, she made a comment to the crowd at one stage that before the show, they were considering cancelling (it had rained all afternoon), and she said, "But then I peeked through the curtains and saw you all waiting for me and I knew I couldn't cancel" (it was raining as she said this - it basically rained for the entire show until...."Rain"...oddly enough!). A guy near me (in the Golden Circle) said something like, "F*cking bitch! I can't believe she was gonna cancel on us!" Let's ignore the fact that the stage was soaking wet and she had to have people mopping up all the time...! If Madonna went on stage on time, she'd catch a LOT of huge fans out, and then all hell would break loose. Only the "casual" fans would be happy. I remember a friend went to one of the S&S shows in the US and thought he'd be safe turning up at a certain time "because she never starts before 9:30pm" and he ended up missing the first 3-4 songs. He was NOT impressed.

Had Madonna toured Australia, strict laws would have prevented her from starting so late. A 9:30pm start would have been the latest she could have gotten away with.

The vyclone (whatever the hell that is) thing was for night one, they had all that day and all the next day to sort whatever the hitch was. Didn't stop her from coming out just before 11pm for the second night despite the PR and DVD disaster of the first. So is it really that hard to accept that she now makes up her own start times simply because that's what she feels like doing? 9:30 was her official "late" starting time for years which was fine. She's now changed it cos she wants to, and she thinks she can get away with it - and she has for the most part. She even TOLD the soundcheck audience she'd see them in 4 hours with a smirk on her face.

I'm not saying OMG WHAT AN EVIL BITCH, but do people always have to make up dumb excuses for every little negatively received thing she does?