'American Life' Reprise after 'Human Nature'

CMoody

I'm not a casual fan, I'm hardcore just like you guys, i should still be aloud to have an opinion. I know my shit when it comes to M and I have been with her through thick and thin for 25 years. If I don't like something I think I've earnt the right to say it and I very rarely ever say anything negative about her. I was just a little stunned by how flat the arena was based on that video of Human Nature. I enjoyed the DWT choro and staging, just not the vocals and I loved the sticky and Sweet version but once again not the vocals and I do enjoy the striptease in the MDNA version but once again I just don't think it comes across well live. Weird because it's no stretch for her, maybe it's just pitched too low. I liked the vocoder bit during S&S, was a nice little change.

Just my opinion

Have you seen the tour live?

Guest boytoyville

I'm not a casual fan, I'm hardcore just like you guys, i should still be aloud to have an opinion. I know my shit when it comes to M and I have been with her through thick and thin for 25 years. If I don't like something I think I've earnt the right to say it and I very rarely ever say anything negative about her. I was just a little stunned by how flat the arena was based on that video of Human Nature. I enjoyed the DWT choro and staging, just not the vocals and I loved the sticky and Sweet version but once again not the vocals and I do enjoy the striptease in the MDNA version but once again I just don't think it comes across well live. Weird because it's no stretch for her, maybe it's just pitched too low. I liked the vocoder bit during S&S, was a nice little change.

Just my opinion

I was there and both days the crowd sucked ass. People complained about it being so late and some people did leave after the opening act because they were offended lol. The second day I was asked to sit down and I refused. I told the guy to get more cardio and learn to stand! First night was great because I was golden triangle but still people even in there weren't that enthusiastic IMO. I jumped up and down all night both nights and sang every song. My legs were so sore the next day lol.

I'm surprised Madonna wasn't pissed off at the crowd! Instead she gave the a little extras like Give it to me and American Life.

Human Nature always seems to suck live, I'm sorry but it does. I don't know why she keeps revisiting it.

I know it's only a Youtube clip but there is zero atmosphere in that arena for that song.

It's a very bass-heavy song and a lot of songs like this don't work well in a live venue. The bass just distorts. Also, the style of the song's vocal doesn't lend itself well. It's too low for her to sing comfortably. Yes, she looks great in this performance and I can see it works in the context of that part of the show but I think it could have been replaced with a stronger song. DWT was a good performance but I think it's had its time.

It's only a fan classic. The average concert goer wouldn't know it and it isn't a song that would get the audience going. It's a performance that has to be watched so I can understand in this case why people aren't leaping around. It's when they stand there stony-faced for the uptempo stuff that it's disappointing.

how in the hell did i miss the American Life bit after Human Nature? What did she do? The video doesn't work. HELP!

Human Nature always seems to suck live, I'm sorry but it does. I don't know why she keeps revisiting it.

I know it's only a Youtube clip but there is zero atmosphere in that arena for that song.

I agree...I thought it was cool that she did it on S&S, because it was unexpected. Still that performance was shit...And now...I'm really getting tired of that song! I hope she'll let it rest for a while after this tour until she comes up with serious and GOOD re-invention.

"American Life Reprise" might be stretching it a bit, no? ;P

I got really excited when I heard she'd done this, but eh - it ended up not being much at all.

I think American Life, minus the rap, could work really well here, instead of Human Nature, in fact. I don't think she'll go that far, but I'd dig it.

I think so too! It might also fit well in the Transgression section! I'm just glad she included at least something from that album...I think she might perform this or Hollywood during her next tour! ;)