NYC MSG Nov 12th

Skin

I don't know if the major newspapers in NYC will review the show again. They already reviewed it when she was at Yankee Stadium earlier on the tour.

She's not icy cold. If you read her love letters ect she seems adoreable but knows when to turn it off.

The only example I can give was at the Selfridges book signing. We didnt get to meet her (dont ask, we were sent to the wrong place at the wrong time and missed out). Outside after a gay couple we were talking to just came out and were extatic. They couldnt speak to her they were so shy. She asked them 'dont you have any questions?' and laughed. They shook their heads and walked towards the exit. She called them back and said 'come here, at least you can shake my hand...thanks for coming'. They said she was SO nice.

She's not icy cold. If you read her love letters ect she seems adoreable but knows when to turn it off.

The only example I can give was at the Selfridges book signing. We didnt get to meet her (dont ask, we were sent to the wrong place at the wrong time and missed out). Outside after a gay couple we were talking to just came out and were extatic. They couldnt speak to her they were so shy. She asked them 'dont you have any questions?' and laughed. They shook their heads and walked towards the exit. She called them back and said 'come here, at least you can shake my hand...thanks for coming'. They said she was SO nice.

Meet her on the street ;)

Meet her on the street ;)

Who doesn't brush people off who randomly approach them on the street? That doesn't make you a cold person. I brush off people all the time who are asking for money for some cause or signature on the street. I'm in a hurry with things on my mind and places to go. Sorry, but I don't have time to talk to these people and as a single woman you have to protect yourself. You never know how these people are or what kind of things they might do.

:laugh:

I think she has her times where she's "madonna; the superstar" and Madonna the person which you can hardly blame her

loool my friend saw her and Guy walking near Portman Square in London and she asked him "what the fuck she's looking at" LOOOOL

Right. This is what I am talking about.....that's not NICE behavior, but she has her reasons and they are NOT wrong.

I saw her in NYC in 2001 during the DWT, everyone cheered and shouted their love towards her, she simply breezed past everyone as if they didn't exist....absolutely no acknowledgment. She could have smiled or waved, but nope. We have all seen the YouTube footage where she zips passed her screaming fans as if there is not a soul around her.

My brother is a crane operator here in Miami and his boss often tells the tale of setting up the stage at the Orange Bowl for the WTG Tour when he spotted her checking out the progress with her then manager Freddie, he smiled at her and said "looking forward to seeing your show tonight" to which she nastily replied "how about you just do your fucking job and finish setting up my fucking stage".

I know a guy here who used to set up events for Warner, he said Madonna was completely inapproachable unless she wanted to be and you didn't dare speak to her unless she spoke to you first.

I used to work with a woman who did security detail for M in the mid-90s, she said Madonna was "very hard working" but had very little patience for the people around her and had no issue screaming and cursing at them. Wasn't there a recent article with Donna posted where even she recounts hearing M yelling and cursing at crew members under the stage?

I went to school with a girl whose mother ran a cafe close to M's Miami mansion. One day M stopped by with an army of security, ordered some Cuban coffee and when the woman handed it to her, she said "I think you are amazing, I am such a fan. Would you mind signing an autograph for my daughter" to which Madonna coldy replied, "not a chance" and spun around and left the building.

I love the woman to her core, she is my ulitmate life-idol....but I am honest enough to admit that she isn't always the kindest person....and often. She has admitted much of this when discussing Kabbalah and realizing she has spent many years not being so kind to people.

terrible example

imagine if she started shaking hands of everybody seeing her in the street

but whatever cold icy bitch :laugh:

Read the above post...those are my examples.

Right. This is what I am talking about.....that's not NICE behavior, but she has her reasons and they are NOT wrong.

I saw her in NYC in 2001 during the DWT, everyone cheered and shouted their love towards her, she simply breezed past everyone as if they didn't exist....absolutely no acknowledgment. She could have smiled or waved, but nope. We have all seen the YouTube footage where she zips passed her screaming fans as if there is not a soul around her.

My brother is a crane operator here in Miami and his boss often tells the tale of setting up the stage at the Orange Bowl for the WTG Tour when he spotted her checking out the progress with her then manager Freddie, he smiled at her and said "looking forward to seeing your show tonight" to which she nastily replied "how about you just do your fucking job and finish setting up my fucking stage".

I know a guy here who used to set up events for Warner, he said Madonna was completely inapproachable unless she wanted to be and you didn't dare speak to her unless she spoke to you first.

I used to work with a woman who did security detail for M in the mid-90s, she said Madonna was "very hard working" but had very little patience for the people around her and had no issue screaming and cursing at them. Wasn't there a recent article with Donna posted where even she recounts hearing M yelling and cursing at crew members under the stage?

I went to school with a girl whose mother ran a cafe close to M's Miami mansion. One day M stopped by with an army of security, ordered some Cuban coffee and when the woman handed it to her, she said "I think you are amazing, I am such a fan. Would you mind signing an autograph for my daughter" to which Madonna coldy replied, "not a chance" and spun around and left the building.

I love the woman to her core, she is my ulitmate life-idol....but I am honest enough to admit that she isn't always the kindest person....and often. She has admitted much of this when discussing Kabbalah and realizing she has spent many years not being so kind to people.

sorry but bitchy or not and whatever your definition of bitchiness might be

one thing you can't say about her is that she doesn't aknowledge her fans in her shows

sorry but bitchy or not and whatever your definition of bitchiness might be

one thing you can't say about her is that she doesn't aknowledge her fans in her shows

And even THAT is recent! LOL. I love that the past two tours she has been very fan-friendly compared to prior tours. She went from telling fans to "shut up" during soundchecks for Confessions to speaking to and singing along with them on S&S and MDNA. Hopefully Golden Triangle-type setups will continue on future tours so that super fans can get closer and show their love!

All of the examples of bitchiness seem to be when people are approaching randomly or when she is in the middle of doing something else. I have met several celebrities and they have all been nice. But I never ever have just went up to them on the street or where it looked like they were busy doing something else. To me, that seems rude and invasive and I wouldn't be surprised to get a rude response back. I have only ever met them at events where they were working and expected fans to be there like for example asking for an autograph and a picture after a gig or at a book or record singing. Celebrities are human like everyone else. If you are respectful of them, they will be respectful of you usually. If you are rude and invasive, they may be the same back to you.

All of the examples of bitchiness seem to be when people are approaching randomly or when she is in the middle of doing something else. I have met several celebrities and they have all been nice. But I never ever have just went up to them on the street or where it looked like they were busy doing something else. To me, that seems rude and invasive and I wouldn't be surprised to get a rude response back. I have only ever met them at events where they were working and expected fans to be there like for example asking for an autograph and a picture after a gig or at a book or record singing. Celebrities are human like everyone else. If you are respectful of them, they will be respectful of you usually. If you are rude and invasive, they may be the same back to you.

God, you totally remind me of myself years ago..arguing people and making excuses for her bad behavior. So, to conclude, I will again say this for you :):

I'm out...I'm sorry, Madonna is THE nicest, most approachable, kindest, warmest, fuzziest, sweetest, most demure pop star there is! She makes Dolly Parton seem as mean as Satan. The next time I see in-person or video footage of her breezing by her fans as if they do not exist, I will say, "no, she isn't just distant and aloof to the fans who made her, she's simply to warm, approachable and kind to awknowledge or simply wave or smile at them....her warmth and kindess just might cause them to explode....."

God, you totally remind me of myself years ago..arguing people and making excuses for her bad behavior. So, to conclude, I will again say this for you :):

I'm out...I'm sorry, Madonna is THE nicest, most approachable, kindest, warmest, fuzziest, sweetest, most demure pop star there is! She makes Dolly Parton seem as mean as Satan. The next time I see in-person or video footage of her breezing by her fans as if they do not exist, I will say, "no, she isn't just distant and aloof to the fans who made her, she's simply to warm, approachable and kind to awknowledge or simply wave or smile at them....her warmth and kindess just might cause them to explode....."

I never said she was perfect. But imagine how you would react when people are coming up to you 24/7 that you don't know? Are you always sweet to random people? She's very grateful and nice to the fans at her shows, why isn't that enough? Maybe it's an age/generation thing. I grew up in a time where celebrities were distant idols on tv and radio. there wasn't Facebook or twitter. I never expect celebrities to be my best friend. But I guess younger people now have different expectations. Celebrities have to treat them like the star at all times and give them endless personal attention or they are "ungrateful" supposedly.

And from some of your comments, maybe it's you not Madonna that needs to check your behavior.

I never said she was perfect. But imagine how you would react when people are coming up to you 24/7 that you don't know? Are you always sweet to random people? She's very grateful and nice to the fans at her shows, why isn't that enough? Maybe it's an age/generation thing. I grew up in a time where celebrities were distant idols on tv and radio. there wasn't Facebook or twitter. I never expect celebrities to be my best friend. But I guess younger people now have different expectations. Celebrities have to treat them like the star at all times and give them endless personal attention or they are "ungrateful" supposedly.

And from some of your comments, maybe it's you not Madonna that needs to check your behavior.

:smooch: