NYC MSG Nov 12th

Skin

Well the start of her show is dark as hell so I could see how a casual fan expecting Material Girl and Like a Virgin might be a little suprised to see guns and blood splattering all across the screen, but they should also be smart enough to know that its MADONNA! Its not going to be all light pop fluff.

And as for people that boo her when she speaks out in support of Obama. Screw them also. :lol: A republican has no business being at a Madonna show. Makes as much sense as a liberal going to a Ted Nugent concert. :lol:

yes and there is other side too. Many casual or non-fans straight men have been enjoying the violent not so girly action part.

Wow I haven't been that emotional and ecstatic at a show since the very first time I saw her on the Drowned World Tour! I was told through my contacts beforehand that they had no GT to spare for MSG. I gave up on the idea pretty much and was trying to be grateful for what I already experienced in GT at Yankee Stadium twice. And happy I used my little influence to pay it forward getting fans into the GT at other cities when it was possible. I was happy to get the floor seat today after I got out of work. I worked all weekend and couldn't monitor ticketmaster much. It was sooooo last minute and a dear friend helped me out with that. At MSG I was looking at the GT right smack in front of me annoyed since it was so damn roomy in there and thinking I wanna climb over and jump right in! :lol: Then out of nowhere I got tapped on the shoulder by one of Madonna's people telling me I'm going to be in the GT. Some guardian angels were looking out for me. OMG that poor girl I hope I didn't scare her! I hugged and kissed her and I think I lifted her up off the ground too! :lmao: I walked into the GT in SHOCK and with tears coming out my eyes! :dramatic:

The crowd was great and most of them were standing nonstop for the whole show. I kept crying tears of joy though out the show, even during Hung Up! And especially during Masterpiece, Love Spent (my 1st time seeing it live!), Like A Prayer and Candy Shop. At some points I just really stared at her in awe and great love like it was my 1st time ever going to a Madonna concert. I just marveled at all the fire she has on stage. During Love Spent people kept throwing cash. At one point a really huge pile of cash was collected and thrown on the stage, it was so cool. Her speech before Masterpiece was the longest I ever heard. So moving to hear her champion the people working hard for the Sandy recovery efforts.

I finally met Chauncey! He got in the GT too. Geez I can't believe after all these years and us sharing the same birthday and working right by each other we never met! Better late than never papa! Oh Kelly Osbourne is beautiful! I helped clear a path so she could get in the frontrow and told people to stop hounding her to take pics with her cuz she looked a little overwhelmed. Perez was near me the most of the show too but I paid him no mind.

I took a ton of pics. You will see them eventually!

Oh I finally met Guy Oseary. No I did not ask him about the tour filming, future projects, the RIT DVD, Australia, Gaga, and other stuff! I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks! So many loons were hounding him there and taking pics with him. He shouted us online before multiple times, but to hear him praise our community in person made me even more emotional. :dramatic: He said madonnanation is a great dedicated community and brings a lot to the fans. Then I hugged him. I felt so damn proud like I just graduated school with honors. :lol:

Wow I haven't been that emotional and ecstatic at a show since the very first time I saw her on the Drowned World Tour! I was told through my contacts beforehand that they had no GT to spare for MSG. I gave up on the idea pretty much and was trying to be grateful for what I already experienced in GT at Yankee Stadium twice. And happy I used my little influence to pay it forward getting fans into the GT at other cities when it was possible. I was happy to get the floor seat today after I got out of work. I worked all weekend and couldn't monitor ticketmaster much. It was sooooo last minute and a dear friend helped me out with that. At MSG I was looking at the GT right smack in front of me annoyed since it was so damn roomy in there and thinking I wanna climb over and jump right in! :lol: Then out of nowhere I got tapped on the shoulder by one of Madonna's people telling me I'm going to be in the GT. Some guardian angels were looking out for me. OMG that poor girl I hope I didn't scare her! I hugged and kissed her and I think I lifted her up off the ground too! :lmao: I walked into the GT in SHOCK and with tears coming out my eyes! :dramatic:

The crowd was great and most of them were standing nonstop for the whole show. I kept crying tears of joy though out the show, even during Hung Up! And especially during Masterpiece, Love Spent (my 1st time seeing it live!), Like A Prayer and Candy Shop. At some points I just really stared at her in awe and great love like it was my 1st time ever going to a Madonna concert. I just marveled at all the fire she has on stage. During Love Spent people kept throwing cash. At one point a really huge pile of cash was collected and thrown on the stage, it was so cool. Her speech before Masterpiece was the longest I ever heard. So moving to hear her champion the people working hard for the Sandy recovery efforts.

I finally met Chauncey! He got in the GT too. Geez I can't believe after all these years and us sharing the same birthday and working right by each other we never met! Better late than never papa! Oh Kelly Osbourne is beautiful! I helped clear a path so she could get in the frontrow and told people to stop hounding her to take pics with her cuz she looked a little overwhelmed. Perez was near me the most of the show too but I paid him no mind.

Oh I finally met Guy Oseary. No I did not ask him about the tour filming, future projects, the RIT DVD, Australia, Gaga, and other stuff! I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks! So many loons were hounding him there and taking pics with him. He shouted us online before multiple times, but to hear him praise our community in person made me even more emotional. :dramatic: He said madonnanation is a great dedicated community and brings a lot to the fans. Then I hugged him. I felt so damn proud like I just graduated school with honors. :lol:

Oh i have an even better news for you: we're so gonna have sex together :roadrunner:

Fantastic!!! What a great experience and I'm so glad you were "paid back" since you were the Guardian Angel on this tour for so many, including myself! :kiss2: So happy for you and can't wait to see the pics !!!

Omg I'm about to seriously cry Madonna's assistant came looking for me in the crowd and is upgrading me into the Golden Triangle pit!!!

omgosh yay. AND YOUR REVIEW :dramatic: I'm so happy for you!

Everyones stories are making me insanely jealous but also really warm and fuzzy on the inside :inlove:

AMAZING :wow: You deserve it baby!

i'm flying in from Toronto today to see the show tonight....7th row centre! if anyone would like to help me get closer....or in the triangle I would really appreciate it..

XXXOOO

CAn't wait!

Thats awesome.

And :lol: at you becoming Kelly's bodyguard. I love her. She was there by herself?

I never had an urge to get GT, either- my cousin won and I didn't even ask her if I could go in. It's nice to see the show full on and not be behind her at various points. A momentary glance over or even a touch- would be nice, but, meh. As much as we like to put M on this huge pedestal, she's a human being in the end, and she's going to forget about it soon enough as it is. :)

Having said that, I'm happy for those who have been in there and have enjoyed it. :D Nice pic, Hector- I don't think I've ever seen a good one of that "other" female backup singer.

Wow, what a positive yet bitchy review...lol.

http://squaremadonna.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/review-madonna-at-madison-square-garden/

I must say that I have the same reaction to her "be nice to eachother" speeches..... it's sorta like an anti-cocaine ad starring Lindsay Lohan.....

Brilliant reviews, everyone! Hector, I'm glad you finally got to meet Guy! He's very easy to talk to and actually makes you feel as though he's really taking notice of what you're saying, which is good.

HG - I saw the show twice from the front row outside the triangle and once from inside the GT - I'm glad I saw it from both vantage points, but my experience inside the GT was the most amazing concert experience of my life (and I didn't even get to touch her) :)

Brilliant reviews, everyone! Hector, I'm glad you finally got to meet Guy! He's very easy to talk to and actually makes you feel as though he's really taking notice of what you're saying, which is good.

HG - I saw the show twice from the front row outside the triangle and once from inside the GT - I'm glad I saw it from both vantage points, but my experience inside the GT was the most amazing concert experience of my life (and I didn't even get to touch her) :)

I agree. GT all the way, there is an energy and connection w M that is like no other. And meeting Guy is thrilling in itself!

Excellent commentary (among the huge amounts out there). Any relation to our svperstar? ;)

http://www.capitalne...-soundgarden-an

Madonna plays Madison Square Garden Nov. 12–13

By J. Edward Keyes

Over the course of the past 30 years, few pop narratives have been as fascinating to follow as Madonna's (Nov. 12–13, Madison Square Garden). History has handily proven that anyone who dismissed her early on as a featherweight pop thrush was guilty of a colossal misjudgment. In retrospect, it's obvious that there was never a single moment when Madonna wasn't fully, shrewdly involved in the careful creation and development of her image. The canniness and timeliness of her multiple transformations ranks as one of the 20th century's great works of performance art, one where the singer deftly isolated the specific social anxieties of the moment—most notoriously, religion and sexual prudishness—and threw the entire weight of her superstardom against them. From lesser performers, such open confrontation can feel like empty publicity stunts, but there was always the unmistakable shadow of Deeper Meaning behind even Madonna's nervier maneuvers. They never felt like crude jokes or flippant rabble-rousing—they felt like genuine questions. She is one of the few pop stars of the '80s (and of that small number, the only woman) to survive that decade with both her fame and her audience intact. She demonstrated, repeatedly, her ability to both appropriate and synthesize new sounds with a deftness that rivals David Bowie. And if her recent albums haven't packed the same giddy thrills as those she made in her peak years, their merits are often understated. "Gang Bang," from this year's cheekily-titled MDNA, is a glitchy, lit-up bit of minimal techno topped with a sinister, perfectly-underplayed vocal, and the broken-traffic-light blink of "Superstar" is slow-burn Europop that fizzes like a Fourth of July sparkler. The corresponding tour, which Madonna has described as "A journey from darkness to light," has not been without its share of controversy, but this time, the objectionable content was largely political. That she continues to prod when her stardom is firmly established is just further proof of Madonna's restless, contrarian nature. She keeps pushing, even when she has nothing more to prove.

The last show I saw I was front row center GT in Philly so that was an experience in and of itself. This show I was looking forward to seeing all the stuff you miss being so close in the pit. Energy at the MSG shows always tops any other venue. The crowd looked amazing and beautiful and was cool pretty all the way up to the 10:45ish start time. The crowd in the 100s section actually stood til the final section (except masterpiece) but sat through I'm Addicted and I'm a Sinner. Those two songs didnt sound nearly as good as they do seeing the show head on. Really enjoyed GGW/Revolver/Gang Bang/I Don't Give A, though it's true some people walked out after Gang Bang. I also really liked GMAYL this time with whole "I'm bionic...supersonic...I'm the shit! I'm the shit!!" She sang Love Spent whilst rolling around in wads of cash that fans threw at her. She said she's giving the money to those affected by sandy. She added Give It to Me to the Celebration mashup which was reminiscent of the last tour. Overall great energy, New York crowds are the best!!!