NYC MSG Nov 12th

Skin

The show was amazing! Where should I start............ oh, Martin Solveig was great. I'm glad he was the DJ instead of Oakie. Not a fan of him. Martin played a great mix of Madonna tracks (Music, Into The Groove, Beautiful Killer) and his own stuff which he sang live. He also played some stuff that I didn't know, but the crowd did so I assume that it's played on the radio. :)

The show did start at 10:45 and the people around me were annoyed. Didn't see anyone leave until Masterpiece. I guess that was the perfect time for a beer run. I saw a mass exodus during I'm a Sinner. I guess they didn't want to miss their train or something. I didn't see anyone bitching about lack of '80s songs.

Is it just me or could the show have been louder? I was in section 200, so maybe I was too far from the speakers. I could have dealt with a little pumping of the volume.

I had only seen a few YouTube clips here and there. Didn't want to see too much to spoil the show. I never saw the intro before, so I was in awe! The old folks in front of me said, "Are we at church?" LOL

GGW was a great intro. The area went ape shit! I love that fucking stage! The cubes are awesome! I really don't like Revolver, but it fit the theme. I would love to see Gang Bang professionally shot "Jonas Akerlund" style. PDP was really random, but I'm not complaining. I've heard fans say this before and having witnessed it myself, I agree: Hung Up really doesn't work. The mix is really flat and uneventful. I didn't see Madonna do the slack line, which is good for her safety, yet without that, there was nothing really to see. IDGA was good, but I totally didn't hear any electric guitar..........

I really didn't like the Best Friend video. It was just close ups of tombstones.............. but the dancers were impressive. I'm under the impression that they have no joints cause they were bending themselves like pretzels. Not sure if I liked the bone-breaking sound effects. LOL

I love Express Yourself and GMAYL! They were really well done. TUTR was good, but again, can't really hear the electric guitar at all. OYH was my favorite of the whole show. Loved the way the beat started slow and grew bigger and bigger. Choreography was fantastic and Rocco was adorable. The speech went on too long. She started to repeat herself toward the end, but everything she said was good. I would have rather heard Holiday than the speech. It was my only major disappointment of the night. Masterpiece was wonderful. I've always loved the song and she sang it perfectly. All the beer run people pissed me off! LOL

I have no idea what the dancers were doing during the JML video because I couldn't stop looking at the screens! She looked amazing!

I might be in the minority about this one, but I was disappointed with Vogue. As awesome as M's costume was, I feel like she didn't do much. Just walking around and making hand gestures. Plus, the mix was the same as the Superbowl. Would have liked something new. Candy Shop was very surprising. The mix worked so well! I love the bits of Erotica thrown in. Human Nature was ok. I don't see how it fits in the show, but it was better than the S&S version. LAV was very interesting. Madonna has never done a performance like that. It was captivating, but not for everyone. It was Beer Run Time #2 for a few people. Madonna's ass was on the video screen, uninterrupted, for quite a long time. She had a slight wedgie. I was amused. Love Spent was fucking gorgeous. I feel bad for any fan who didn't get to see this at the show they went to.

The slack lines made a return for the NKM video interlude. It was ok. I think this tour has the weakest interlude she's ever had on tour!

I'm Addicted is one of my favorite MDNA tracks, so I was really looking forward to it.................... the song deserved a better performance! First of all, I really didn't understand the costume. The lack of volume didn't make me feel the beat as much as I wanted to. (Would still like to know if others felt the audio was too low.) The choreography reminded me of SFH from the Drowned World Tour. It was very Crotching Tiger/Hidden Dragon. It's cool, but not appropriate for a rave song. Oh well. I'm Sinner was good. Again, for the 3rd time, I do not hear the electric guitar. The audience got a little sleepy at this point, but LAP woke them all up. This was the biggest crowd reaction of the night. Madonna sounded great and the energy electrified the area. After the performance, a lot people started to leave, thinking the show was over. They stopped in their tracks and filled the stairwells when Celebration started. I loved the mix with GI2M. I think it worked really well. The chorography was insane! So much energy! Again, would have loved the volume to be pumped. I felt like I was listening to a boombox.

All in all, it was a fantastic show and I really want a DVD! And I don't want the gardner to do it! LOL

I'm gonna read the November 13th thread right now. :)

Edited by FrznDrwnWrlD

so funny because everything you liked and disliked is the complete opposite of how i felt haha. goes to show you that Madonna invokes so many things in so many people.

you do realize that Hung Up became a song where she was talking to God right?

And the Best Friend interlude was possibly about her dying at the end of I Don't Give A and we were watching her burial so to speak.

Human Nature made so much sense because that whole section was about voyeurism and objectification as well as a war between the masculine and the feminine.

i heard my friends that were in the 200's last night complain about the volume as well. Perhaps the new renovations of MSG messed with the acoustics because I remember previous shows being perfect volume wise no matter where I was sitting.

Wow thank u so much!!! It's simply beautiful

This is what a $300 concert is supposed to sound, look and feel like

Glad you got to witness that in person

thanks XXL! this was fourth of five shows...i've never seen her that many times! and every show I saw it from a different angle!

Guest boytoyville

so funny because everything you liked and disliked is the complete opposite of how i felt haha. goes to show you that Madonna invokes so many things in so many people.

you do realize that Hung Up became a song where she was talking to God right?

And the Best Friend interlude was possibly about her dying at the end of I Don't Give A and we were watching her burial so to speak.

Human Nature made so much sense because that whole section was about voyeurism and objectification as well as a war between the masculine and the feminine.

i heard my friends that were in the 200's last night complain about the volume as well. Perhaps the new renovations of MSG messed with the acoustics because I remember previous shows being perfect volume wise no matter where I was sitting.

Loved Hung Up also. Like the return of the vocader effect this tour. Loved it on Revolver and Hung Up. Also liked the interludes and I'm addicted. Human Nature was my favorite performance of the whole show. That whole section was phenomenal. Like a Virgin= everything!

Finally done sorting and uploading a couple hundred. tomorrow i'll start working on pics from the 2nd MSG show. you can see more of my november 12th pics here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151240540258908.482365.537958907&type=1&l=0d9275718c

417079_10151245335793908_441683665_n.jpg

you can see Steven Klein here

188452_10151245358378908_966849478_n.jpg

522360_10151245360348908_620124204_n.jpg

14219_10151245430438908_954428603_n.jpg

319017_10151245464868908_402655470_n.jpg

189650_10151245466558908_1311605076_n.jpg

63110_10151245757463908_1700564641_n.jpg