NYC MSG Nov 12th

Skin

Was in the golden circle last night and it was my most amazing Madonna show ever. She held my hand for what seemed like forever during Like a Prayer and then pointed at me and sang a couple of lines to me. The experience was totally unreal - I have no words. Did anyone film the show as I'd love to see if this moment was captured on video. If anyone could help me find this I would be eternally grateful.

Excellent commentary (among the huge amounts out there). Any relation to our svperstar? ;)

http://www.capitalne...-soundgarden-an

Madonna plays Madison Square Garden Nov. 12–13

By J. Edward Keyes

Over the course of the past 30 years, few pop narratives have been as fascinating to follow as Madonna's (Nov. 12–13, Madison Square Garden). History has handily proven that anyone who dismissed her early on as a featherweight pop thrush was guilty of a colossal misjudgment. In retrospect, it's obvious that there was never a single moment when Madonna wasn't fully, shrewdly involved in the careful creation and development of her image. The canniness and timeliness of her multiple transformations ranks as one of the 20th century's great works of performance art, one where the singer deftly isolated the specific social anxieties of the moment—most notoriously, religion and sexual prudishness—and threw the entire weight of her superstardom against them. From lesser performers, such open confrontation can feel like empty publicity stunts, but there was always the unmistakable shadow of Deeper Meaning behind even Madonna's nervier maneuvers. They never felt like crude jokes or flippant rabble-rousing—they felt like genuine questions. She is one of the few pop stars of the '80s (and of that small number, the only woman) to survive that decade with both her fame and her audience intact. She demonstrated, repeatedly, her ability to both appropriate and synthesize new sounds with a deftness that rivals David Bowie. And if her recent albums haven't packed the same giddy thrills as those she made in her peak years, their merits are often understated. "Gang Bang," from this year's cheekily-titled MDNA, is a glitchy, lit-up bit of minimal techno topped with a sinister, perfectly-underplayed vocal, and the broken-traffic-light blink of "Superstar" is slow-burn Europop that fizzes like a Fourth of July sparkler. The corresponding tour, which Madonna has described as "A journey from darkness to light," has not been without its share of controversy, but this time, the objectionable content was largely political. That she continues to prod when her stardom is firmly established is just further proof of Madonna's restless, contrarian nature. She keeps pushing, even when she has nothing more to prove.

This is fantastic, thanks for posting!

Hmmm. Rosie tweeted during the show.."Kelly Ripa...that girl can hold a grudge."

The only thing I can think of is way back when Rosie accused Kelly of making a homophobic remark toward Clay Aiken when he put his hand over her mouth and she got offended and said, "I dont know where that hand has been" and Rosie said if Clay had been a hot straight man Kelly wouldnt have thought twice.

Only instance of bad blood between the two I can think of.

Wow, what a positive yet bitchy review...lol.

http://squaremadonna...-square-garden/

I must say that I have the same reaction to her "be nice to eachother" speeches..... it's sorta like an anti-cocaine ad starring Lindsay Lohan.....

I will never understand why people seem to think that Madonna is this nasty horrible person. Most of the time in interviews she's pretty pleasant and friendly. So many other celebrities say far worse things than she does but they're excused. No, maybe she isn't as accessible to the average fan as some artists but that is because so many people want to meet her. If she took the time to meet every person who wanted to meet her, she'd get nothing else done. I really don't think she is any less accessible than other people of her same level of fame. If anything, she seem a lot more in touch with reality than most celebrities like Prince or MJ before he died. When she did her twitter chat, she didn't come off as nasty. Twitter is so immediate that you can't really hide your true personality. As she herself has said she's kind of shy around people, and I think people misintepret that as nastiness. I think she gets a really unfair rap for being nasty. The writer says they will only support people who they think they would have positive experiences meeting as people. But how can you really know what every musical artist is like before you support their work. I don't have the time to spend chasing after celebrities all day. Madonna is not a perfect person, but I really feel she gets an unfair rap as far as being a mean horrible person. I just don't get the vibe from her and I'm very sensitive when it comes to bitchiness; I can't stand people like Elton John and Boy George.

Wow I haven't been that emotional and ecstatic at a show since the very first time I saw her on the Drowned World Tour! I was told through my contacts beforehand that they had no GT to spare for MSG. I gave up on the idea pretty much and was trying to be grateful for what I already experienced in GT at Yankee Stadium twice. And happy I used my little influence to pay it forward getting fans into the GT at other cities when it was possible. I was happy to get the floor seat today after I got out of work. I worked all weekend and couldn't monitor ticketmaster much. It was sooooo last minute and a dear friend helped me out with that. At MSG I was looking at the GT right smack in front of me annoyed since it was so damn roomy in there and thinking I wanna climb over and jump right in! :lol: Then out of nowhere I got tapped on the shoulder by one of Madonna's people telling me I'm going to be in the GT. Some guardian angels were looking out for me. OMG that poor girl I hope I didn't scare her! I hugged and kissed her and I think I lifted her up off the ground too! :lmao: I walked into the GT in SHOCK and with tears coming out my eyes! :dramatic:

The crowd was great and most of them were standing nonstop for the whole show. I kept crying tears of joy though out the show, even during Hung Up! And especially during Masterpiece, Love Spent (my 1st time seeing it live!), Like A Prayer and Candy Shop. At some points I just really stared at her in awe and great love like it was my 1st time ever going to a Madonna concert. I just marveled at all the fire she has on stage. During Love Spent people kept throwing cash. At one point a really huge pile of cash was collected and thrown on the stage, it was so cool. Her speech before Masterpiece was the longest I ever heard. So moving to hear her champion the people working hard for the Sandy recovery efforts.

I finally met Chauncey! He got in the GT too. Geez I can't believe after all these years and us sharing the same birthday and working right by each other we never met! Better late than never papa! Oh Kelly Osbourne is beautiful! I helped clear a path so she could get in the frontrow and told people to stop hounding her to take pics with her cuz she looked a little overwhelmed. Perez was near me the most of the show too but I paid him no mind.

I took a ton of pics. You will see them eventually!

Oh I finally met Guy Oseary. No I did not ask him about the tour filming, future projects, the RIT DVD, Australia, Gaga, and other stuff! I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks! So many loons were hounding him there and taking pics with him. He shouted us online before multiple times, but to hear him praise our community in person made me even more emotional. :dramatic: He said madonnanation is a great dedicated community and brings a lot to the fans. Then I hugged him. I felt so damn proud like I just graduated school with honors. :lol:

:drama:

So pleased for you and that you had such an amazing time again :clap:

Then out of nowhere I got tapped on the shoulder by one of Madonna's people telling me I'm going to be in the GT. Some guardian angels were looking out for me.

Talk about INFLUENTIAL. And I think Guy Oseary is simply great

I will never understand why people seem to think that Madonna is this nasty horrible person. Most of the time in interviews she's pretty pleasant and friendly. So many other celebrities say far worse things than she does but they're excused. No, maybe she isn't as accessible to the average fan as some artists but that is because so many people want to meet her. If she took the time to meet every person who wanted to meet her, she'd get nothing else done. I really don't think she is any less accessible than other people of her same level of fame. If anything, she seem a lot more in touch with reality than most celebrities like Prince or MJ before he died. When she did her twitter chat, she didn't come off as nasty. Twitter is so immediate that you can't really hide your true personality. As she herself has said she's kind of shy around people, and I think people misintepret that as nastiness. I think she gets a really unfair rap for being nasty. The writer says they will only support people who they think they would have positive experiences meeting as people. But how can you really know what every musical artist is like before you support their work. I don't have the time to spend chasing after celebrities all day. Madonna is not a perfect person, but I really feel she gets an unfair rap as far as being a mean horrible person. I just don't get the vibe from her and I'm very sensitive when it comes to bitchiness; I can't stand people like Elton John and Boy George.

I agree....the reviewer went a bit far by saying she is one of the nastiest celebs...distant, cold, disconnected...yes, but never nasty. Madonna is a bitch, she always has been. She is more fan-friendly today (on stage at least) than ever before....but when it comes down to it, she is just not a friendly person, but that's okay, she doesn't have to be. I used to make excuses for her, but I no longer do...she's a bitch and she owns it....so the speeches about treating your fellow man with kindness and respect has always been humorous to me because once off that stage her disconnection to her fellow man couldn't be more obvious.

I agree....the reviewer went a bit far by saying she is one of the nastiest celebs...distant, cold, disconnected...yes, but never nasty. Madonna is a bitch, she always has been. She is more fan-friendly today (on stage at least) than ever before....but when it comes down to it, she is just not a friendly person, but that's okay, she doesn't have to be. I used to make excuses for her, but I no longer do...she's a bitch and she owns it....so the speeches about treating your fellow man with kindness and respect has always been humorous to me because once off that stage her disconnection to her fellow man couldn't be more obvious.

Not being super sociable is not the same as being a bitch. I don't see her as a bitch at all. Look at all the horrible things other people say and write about her constantly. If she was the bitch everyone thinks she is, she go after all those people in a vindictive way and say horrible things about them back. but most of the time she doesn't. I don't see the contradiction that you do and I don't see Madonna like you do. She's not saint and she's not a bitch, she's a pretty normal person who has her nice and not so nice moments like all of us and she's under a lot of demands and pressure that most of us aren't. I'm sure if you caught me on a bad day, I would seem a bitch too but I'm not like that all the time. It's just that people are so much more unforgiving and judgmental about celebrities than they are about themselves. Honestly, if I had to face the criticism and pressures that she does, I'd be bitchy too. I think she actually handles herself with grace and dignity most of the time. But successful strong women are always seen as bitches.

Guest astonishing!

Excellent commentary (among the huge amounts out there). Any relation to our svperstar? ;)

By J. Edward Keyes

Over the course of the past 30 years, few pop narratives have been as fascinating to follow as Madonna's (Nov. 12–13, Madison Square Garden). History has handily proven that anyone who dismissed her early on as a featherweight pop thrush was guilty of a colossal misjudgment. In retrospect, it's obvious that there was never a single moment when Madonna wasn't fully, shrewdly involved in the careful creation and development of her image. The canniness and timeliness of her multiple transformations ranks as one of the 20th century's great works of performance art, one where the singer deftly isolated the specific social anxieties of the moment—most notoriously, religion and sexual prudishness—and threw the entire weight of her superstardom against them. From lesser performers, such open confrontation can feel like empty publicity stunts, but there was always the unmistakable shadow of Deeper Meaning behind even Madonna's nervier maneuvers. They never felt like crude jokes or flippant rabble-rousing—they felt like genuine questions. She is one of the few pop stars of the '80s (and of that small number, the only woman) to survive that decade with both her fame and her audience intact. She demonstrated, repeatedly, her ability to both appropriate and synthesize new sounds with a deftness that rivals David Bowie. And if her recent albums haven't packed the same giddy thrills as those she made in her peak years, their merits are often understated. "Gang Bang," from this year's cheekily-titled MDNA, is a glitchy, lit-up bit of minimal techno topped with a sinister, perfectly-underplayed vocal, and the broken-traffic-light blink of "Superstar" is slow-burn Europop that fizzes like a Fourth of July sparkler. The corresponding tour, which Madonna has described as "A journey from darkness to light," has not been without its share of controversy, but this time, the objectionable content was largely political. That she continues to prod when her stardom is firmly established is just further proof of Madonna's restless, contrarian nature. She keeps pushing, even when she has nothing more to prove.

LOVE this article. So spot on! :thumbsup::clap:

By J. Edward Keyes

An amazing review!

Not being super sociable is not the same as being a bitch. I don't see her as a bitch at all. Look at all the horrible things other people say and write about her constantly. If she was the bitch everyone thinks she is, she go after all those people in a vindictive way and say horrible things about them back. but most of the time she doesn't. I don't see the contradiction that you do and I don't see Madonna like you do. She's not saint and she's not a bitch, she's a pretty normal person who has her nice and not so nice moments like all of us and she's under a lot of demands and pressure that most of us aren't. I'm sure if you caught me on a bad day, I would seem a bitch too but I'm not like that all the time. It's just that people are so much more unforgiving and judgmental about celebrities than they are about themselves. Honestly, if I had to face the criticism and pressures that she does, I'd be bitchy too. I think she actually handles herself with grace and dignity most of the time. But successful strong women are always seen as bitches.

I would agree, and most of your points are valid....but she has been a notioriously unkind person in her personal life and career.....even the general public sees her as an icy firgure. She was this way long before fame so it's not the pressure she endures that has made her this way. It's a core source of her strength, it would actually be very strange if a woman so powerful and in control, so bold and fearless was a dainty, nice, approachable person. She sees herself as royalty and acts as such....as she should. Ever seen the woman in person offstage? She wouldn't acknowledge a fan if they were on fire....it's just how she is and you either accept it or you don't. I personally love that she's not afraid to be aloof with people, I would rather her be distant than fake and plastic with people (as many celebs are). Even she admits to being a bitch....it's not a bad thing. She's the Queen Bitch, so it's all good.

I would agree, and most of your points are valid....but she has been a notioriously unkind person in her personal life and career.....even the general public sees her as an icy firgure. Ever seen the woman in person offstage? She wouldn't acknowledge a fan if they were on fire....it's just how she is and you either accept it or you don't. I personally love that she's not afraid to be aloof with people. Even she admits to being a bitch....it's not a bad thing. She's the Queen Bitch, so it's all good.

We'll have to agree to disagree. If she's so bad in her personal life, why is that she's still friends with a lot of her ex's like Sean Penn, Carlos and Guy? Just because the general public sees someone a certain way doesn't mean they are that way. I guess you're one of those fans that want to see her as a Queen Bitch and that's what you see. People have told me the same things you're saying about her, that I"m aloof and unfriendly, but really I'm just shy around strangers.

We'll have to agree to disagree. If she's so bad in her personal life, why is that she's still friends with a lot of her ex's like Sean Penn, Carlos and Guy? Just because the general public sees someone a certain way doesn't mean they are that way. I guess you're one of those fans that want to see her as a Queen Bitch and that's what you see. People have told me the same things you're saying about her, that I"m aloof and unfriendly, but really I'm just shy around strangers.

I don't choose to see her in any other way than she truly is....she has made no secret of her demanding behavior, it has made her who she is. “I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” Madonna.

Is she friends with Ritchie.....hmmm....I don't think that she is. No one ever said she was a "horrible person"....she's just not all sunshine and fairy tales..... she can be mean....we all can. Despite the fact that her brother is a whiney, jealous, tired old leech, his book was spot on and honest about her personality.....it is what it is and he does know her well.

It just seems like you don't want to see her as anything negative and consider the attributes that make her cold and "bitchy" as faults. I do not, it is apart of who she is, I am sure a vast majority of fans here will agree, Madonna IS a bitch, but it's apart of the reason why we love her.

By J. Edward Keyes

History has handily proven that anyone who dismissed her early on as a featherweight pop thrush was guilty of a colossal misjudgment. In retrospect, it's obvious that there was never a single moment when Madonna wasn't fully, shrewdly involved in the careful creation and development of her image.

From lesser performers, such open confrontation can feel like empty publicity stunts, but there was always the unmistakable shadow of Deeper Meaning behind even Madonna's nervier maneuvers. They never felt like crude jokes or flippant rabble-rousing—they felt like genuine questions. She is one of the few pop stars of the '80s (and of that small number, the only woman) to survive that decade with both her fame and her audience intact.

WORD :clap:

I would agree, and most of your points are valid....but she has been a notioriously unkind person in her personal life and career.....even the general public sees her as an icy firgure. She was this way long before fame so it's not the pressure she endures that has made her this way. It's a core source of her strength, it would actually be very strange if a woman so powerful and in control, so bold and fearless was a dainty, nice, approachable person. She sees herself as royalty and acts as such....as she should. Ever seen the woman in person offstage? She wouldn't acknowledge a fan if they were on fire....it's just how she is and you either accept it or you don't. I personally love that she's not afraid to be aloof with people, I would rather her be distant than fake and plastic with people (as many celebs are). Even she admits to being a bitch....it's not a bad thing. She's the Queen Bitch, so it's all good.

I must have missed that

Reading her biographies and every time a person who's actually worked with her or for her or met her they always mention how refreshingly and surprisingly down-to-earth and kind she is. She's a bitch probably only to people who don't share her work ethic, are lazy or that probably are a bitch themselves to her.

People misconstrue being a hard working woman and assertive and clever as being bitchy and icy.

If she was a man she would be a tough talking legend bigged up by everyone

I must have missed that

Reading her biographies and every time a person who's actually worked with her or for her or met her they always mention how refreshingly and surprisingly down-to-earth and kind she is. She's a bitch probably only to people who don't share her work ethic, are lazy or that probably are a bitch themselves to her.

Why is everyone so offended by this? Am I the only fan who can honestly admit that she can be a bitch? She's a human being, shes multi-facted like all of us, and yes, we hear stories of how friendly she is, down-to-earth, her amazing work ethic, etc but there are just as many accounts of her distance, shrewd business mind, icy demeanor, and downright mean behavior. It's all apart of the same woman...it is not a BAD thing.

People misconstrue being a hard working woman and assertive and clever as being bitchy and icy.

If she was a man she would be a tough talking legend bigged up by everyone

:thumbsup:

As British journalist Janet Street Porter once said: "People accuse her of being cold and a control-freak, I say the way she handles her career and interacts with people makes her very professional"

_39421465_janet_203.jpg

Why is everyone so offended by this? Am I the only fan who can honestly admit that she can be a bitch? She's a human being, shes multi-facted like all of us, and yes, we hear stories of how friendly she is, down-to-earth, her amazing work ethic, etc but there are just as many accounts of her distance, shrewd business mind, icy demeanor, and downright mean behavior. It's all apart of the same woman...it is not a BAD thing.

Sorry but 90% of the times those accounts speak favourably about her professional conduct and general attitude with people. How many times can you count that she's seriously spent time sharing her opinions about other famous people? On the contrary most other famous people do it continuously with her, as favourably or unfavourably that might be.

I think people are offended because it seemed like before you were saying she was only a bitch or is a bitch most of the time. Now you are saying you are multi faceted, which is not what you were saying before. No one is saying she is perfect or doesn't have faults or can't be in a bad mood sometimes. But is she predominately or the majority of the time, a horrible bitchy person, I don't think so. Also, I think you are taking a casually thrown off comment in Truth or Dare literally and using that to say she must be a terrible person because she herself said that. The same way people her comments about touring to pay her rent out of context and 100% seriously.

:thumbsup:

As British journalist Janet Street Porter once said: "People accuse her of being cold and a control-freak, I say the way she handles her career and interacts with people makes her very professional"

I'm out...I'm sorry, Madonna is THE nicest, most approachable, kindest, warmest, fuzziest, sweetest, most demure pop star there is! She makes Dolly Parton seem as mean as Satan. The next time I see in-person or video footage of her breezing by her fans as if they do not exist, I will say, "no, she isn't just distant and aloof to the fans who made her, she's simply to warm, approachable and kind to awknowledge or simply wave or smile at them....her warmth and kindess just might cause them to explode....."

I think people are offended because it seemed like before you were saying she was only a bitch or is a bitch most of the time. Now you are saying you are multi faceted, which is not what you were saying before. No one is saying she is perfect or doesn't have faults or can't be in a bad mood sometimes. But is she predominately or the majority of the time, a horrible bitchy person, I don't think so. Also, I think you are taking a casually thrown off comment in Truth or Dare literally and using that to say she must be a terrible person because she herself said that. The same way people her comments about touring to pay her rent out of context and 100% seriously.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I mean notoriously unkind has a very specific connotation I think

It means she walks over people, is unfair with people she has to deal with

I don't think she could have mantained her position for 30 years if she had truly been as CMoody says

I'm out...I'm sorry, Madonna is THE nicest, most approachable, kindest, warmest, fuzziest, sweetest, most demure pop star there is! She makes Dolly Parton seem as mean as Satan. The next time I see in-person or video footage of her breezing by her fans as if they do not exist, I will say, "no, she isn't just distant and aloof to the fans who made her, she's simply to warm, approachable and kind to awknowledge or simply wave or smile at them....her warmth and kindess just might cause them to explode....."

:lmao:

I never said that. I just said that from several accounts she doesn't come off at all as *notoriously unkind* as you said in your first post

I do think she is a bitch most of the time.....she has a bitchy personality.....she can be friendly and playful, but she's still bossy and bitchy. I have said it from the start, it is not a fault.

That's nice CMOODY now let's talk about the MSG gig.

Like where r the real american reviews, i keep reading these website things & blogs...

I want The Post, The Times, the works...bring it yankeees! :fag:

That's nice CMOODY now let's talk about the MSG gig.

Like where r the real american reviews, i keep reading these website things & blogs...

I want The Post, The Times, the works...bring it yankeees! :fag:

Thank you :swordplay: