Future tours affected by current reputation?

CMoody

Maybe you should stop sitting in the nosebleeds where all the whiney non fans are

Another obvious UNINFORMED post....I was front row center in the Golden Triangle....there was NO ONE bitching in there...I am just stating what I have heard at previous shows and on various online venues such as TicketMaster.

Her history of tardiness is no excuse for her to continue to be tardy and seems to be getting worse over the years. Spectacular shows that follows do not excuse the tardiness either. I see it as a sign of disrespect to her fans.

Her history of tardiness is no excuse for her to continue to be tardy and seems to be getting worse over the years it seems. Spectacular shows that follows do not excuse the tardiness either. I see it as a sign of disrespect to her fans.

Ding Ding Ding.....

Look there were casual people in attendance at Sticky and Sweet too and she was late quite a few times for that as well, so if casual fans came back 4 years later, it means that there's absolutely no point in the title of this thread but I must be uninformed I guess.

I think m is late on purpose. She is never unprofessional when it comes to her work. Any financial reasons?

I"m not sure if this is true, but I read it's because she wants to wait until the venue stops alcohol and food service before she comes on so people won't leave during the middle of the show to get more to eat and drink but will pay her full attention!

I"m not sure if this is true, but I read it's because she wants to wait until the venue stops alcohol and food service before she comes on so people won't leave during the middle of the show to get more to eat and drink but will pay her full attention!

bingo

i think this is it

Her history of tardiness is no excuse for her to continue to be tardy and seems to be getting worse over the years. Spectacular shows that follows do not excuse the tardiness either. I see it as a sign of disrespect to her fans.

I agree.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason :rotfl:

She's a true perfectionist and a genius

"You've paid $300 to see my show and you're going to see it the way I want you to"

Welp, as soon as she stops selling out arenas time after time, I am sure she will take notice and come on stage at 8PM sharp.

Get used to being "disrespected" or just don't go. That's all.

Welp, as soon as she stops selling out arenas time after time, I am sure she will take notice and come on stage at 8PM sharp.

Get used to being "disrespected" or just don't go. That's all.

:rotfl::thumbsup:

^ I realize that sounded ultra cunty and I didn't mean it that way. :lmao:

I just meant, if you truly feel disrespected, you really should not go.

:thumbsup:

I don't think it was cunty at all. It's just a basic logical observation. Why would anyone turn an event like this one, largely highly praised by fans, casual audiences in attendance and music critics alike into an excuse to complain about anything really?

When you've enjoyed such levels of commercial and critical reception for 3 decades, disrespecting your fans or someone who's casually attending your show would imply rushing to a recording studio, going away for 2 months, let other people put together a record for you, not bothering to fit preparation for a TV event of the calibre of the Super Bowl into the promotional schedule of a film you've funded with your own cash and delivering a cheap production rehash concept show, which I don't think it is what us fans or people in general got out of Madonna this year.

If she's 90 min late or whatever I am sure there is a good reason for it, we know it's a very intricate technical production and there are opening acts, besides she's a perfectionist. In any case I just think that the tardiness, if anything, adds even more allure to the mesmerizing opening sequence.

If people in Italy or other countries with open air and stadium venues didn't complain about her being 1 hour late after they had been queuing all day under the summer sun, I don't understand why you can't handle the wait a little bit in your arena setting and a floor seat assigned on top of everything. People that aren't hardcore fans like us and went to see the show in Europe only had positive things to say about it, I haven't heard anything negative in regards to her being late.

It just seems one of those threads where posters assume they know more than Madonna or her management as to what's the best way to handle promotion, especially taking into account the actual results.

Guest bluejean

:thumbsup:

I don't think it was cunty at all. It's just a basic logical observation. Why would anyone turn an event like this one, largely highly praised by fans, casual audiences in attendance and music critics alike into an excuse to complain about anything really?

When you've enjoyed such levels of commercial and critical reception for 3 decades, disrespecting your fans or someone who's casually attending your show would imply rushing to a recording studio, going away for 2 months, let other people put together a record for you, not bothering to fit preparation for a TV event of the calibre of the Super Bowl into the promotional schedule of a film you've funded with your own cash and delivering a cheap production rehash concept show, which I don't think it is what us fans or people in general got out of Madonna this year.

If she's 90 min late or whatever I am sure there is a good reason for it, we know it's a very intricate technical production and there are opening acts, besides she's a perfectionist. In any case I just think that the tardiness, if anything, adds even more allure to the mesmerizing opening sequence.

If people in Italy or other countries with open air and stadium venues didn't complain about her being 1 hour late after they had been queuing all day under the summer sun, I don't understand why you can't handle the wait a little bit in your arena setting and a floor seat assigned on top of everything. People that aren't hardcore fans like us and went to see the show in Europe only had positive things to say about it, I haven't heard anything negative in regards to her being late.

It just seems one of those threads where posters assume they know more than Madonna or her management as to what's the best way to handle promotion, especially taking into account the actual results.

:thumbsup::clap:

They have nothing to complain about. And these are supposedly people from the golden triangle!

Most people would understand 30 minutes delay, maybe 45 minutes. But 90 minutes? Practically every show? Come on now. That's just blatant "I don't give a fuck." For the 90 minutes delay, she could practically show a movie (with free popcorn of course). Plenty of artists have the professionalism to charge top dollars and start spectacular shows within reasonable amount of time.

Most people would understand 30 minutes delay, maybe 45 minutes. But 90 minutes? Practically every show? Come on now. That's just blatant "I don't give a fuck."

BINGO! She doesn't! Now move on! :newspaper:

BINGO! She doesn't! Now move on! :newspaper:

It's a discussion. Anyone who wants to question some of her moves should have the same right as those who feel the need to defend her every moves. We're not blind fanatics. At least, I'm not.

It's a discussion. Anyone who wants to question some of her moves should have the same right as those who feel the need to defend her every moves. We're not blind fanatics. At least, I'm not.

I do understand where you are coming from, and I could see how a casual fan might be pissed about it, however I think a bigger "I don't give a fuck about my fans" would be putting on a shitty show, or half-assing it with a bargain basement production (read: Janet Jackson).

I guess from my point of view, I read the reviews beforehand, I knew she was going to come on late and I arrived about an hour before actual showtime. I had a blast and I went to work late the next day. That week I saw her here in Seattle (two times no less - and both were AWESOME), was the best week for me so far this year. So coming on 2 and half hours late didn't mean much to me in the grander scheme of things. Granted, I am a pretty hardcore (if critical) fan.

Guest Pud Whacker

the show starts at 8:00 pm with her opening act. SHE COMES ON 10/10:30. on opening night in LA, we swung into the arena at 10:15.

people need to deal with it or dont go. go have a drink and relax.

Why is this debate continuing. No act starts at the ticket time. I wait till midnight for some gigs when it says 8. How stupid are some people...honestly....

When I saw the mdna tour twice she came on around 10:25. I really enjoyed hearing the dj & the anticipation for her to go on was fun, but I think it's unfair for people in the venue to have to wait for so long after having to pay so much money for the tickets. I did not mind booking a hotel b/c I knew the concert would end late, but I wish it would have ended a little earlier, so I could have possibly driven the two and a half hours to get home. The tickets were so much money that I rather have saved money on the hotel.

Overall, I do think some of the general public who saw this tour will not see her again b/c they are very turned off by her lateness, not playing more hits on the tour, & the violence in the gang bang segment. She will also always attract many new fans b/c she has had such a large amount of music that has been released & she is a rock n roll legend. I personally feel this tour is awesome & I still listen to the album all the time.

Guest ditaluver

you are half right.

she has to pay to play these venues so she gets a discount if she comes on after food and beverage services stop.

its something live nation negotiates.

so its not just her being a diva, or disrespectful. however, that being said, perhaps they should put a different start time on the ticket...

:thumbsup::clap:

They have nothing to complain about. And these are supposedly people from the golden triangle!

I highly doubt anyone in the GT would ever complain. I was elated every second of the experience. The wait was long, but I think most of us are willing to wait for days to be so close to our queen. The booing and complaints are certainly from outside the Triangle.

She's worth it I know, heck I flew all the way from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi to see her

BUT

What I'm unable to fully grasp is that one hour and a half of pure waiting, just standing there waiting doing nothing. Bear in mind this was already AFTER the front act played. She came on at 1030/1040. Basically the entire arena was already packed then and this was in nearly 50 degrees of desert heat. It was kind of...disrespectful.

I can totally understand people who got pissed off about the lateness, especially for those who have work or school the next day, and those who use public transportations...

I live away from the arena and I don't have a car so I took a 2h bus ride there. And after the show I had to pay $80 for the taxi because the bus has stopped running already. At last I got home at 2... and I had to get up at 6 because of my class and homework... I'm okay with that because I love her and I will do anything to see her and I know this is gonna happen before the show but what if I'm only a casual fan who thought the show would start at 8? :manson: