Future tours affected by current reputation?

CMoody

No, I don't think so. The Drowned World Tour showed us a dark stage act and a very unfriendly Madonna. The reviewers seem to be eating this tour up, fans that are not sitting in the pit seem to love it, and I keep hearing how much fun she looks like she's having. Remember off these boards there are lots of fans and people that have a very different and much more realistic view of what's going on.

Seriously, do you guys have any theory regarding her lateness? Being Unprofessional is definately not the reason. First, you know m cares about her $$. More importantly, she is there at the location the whole day reherasing, doing sound check anyway..why not finsh up earlier so that she can go back to her kids as Earliy as possible. if she wants to be on time, she definately can!!! She would not do something that might jeopardize her reputation for no reason.. W are talking about madonna here. She is best at marketing n known for her business sense. I don't think it is due to technology or make up or costume either..... For it happens in every location..they should know how to be on time by now. it seems like they do it on purpose. I have a theory after seeing what happened at her ny show. People ate, drank, and bought tour tiems before the show started. The longer they waited, they more they spent. Maybe it was some kind of a agreement between the location n live nation for financial reasons?...maybe her people want to squeeze every drop of $$ out from her fans or non fans? I remember seeing people got so drunk they had to be helped getting up after laying on the ground even before m came out. I thought to myself, gee, how much did they drink..I wonder if they could really see the show..lol

Not that I personally care if she's late, but for the general public it would help if they announced it beforehand like they did for a few shows this year. Especially in Europe where you have General Admission standing tickets that state the show is supposed to start at 8pm - and you just stand and stand and stand for hours. I can understand how a casual fan might get annoyed by that. At least you can sit and wait in the US - or you go and come back knowing you have your seat.

In any event, I highly doubt her being late of all things would cause her future tours any damage :lol:

Well, there were a lot of upset casual fans after the Drowned World Tour, but Madonna still sold a lot of tickets for the RIT tour.

:thumbsup:

She sold all of them, RIT, CT, S&S and now MDNA. Minus (per BB) the Seville gig for S&S (82%, one gig over a total of 5 stadium gigs in Spain alone). The Prague one for CT if I remember correctly and the Slane Castle gig for RIT (92 %). People should stop complaining about her supposed tardiness, it adds to the allure and I am sure that with the opening DJ sets and the show itself there are loads of technical issues that needs to be handled properly to guarantee a flawless show, which unlike other acts is typically Madonna's style. I swear every year there's a thread that predicts some future lesser commercial performance and every year she's still among the top 5 celebrities in the world, whatever.

Guest Pud Whacker

people tend to forget that the Girlie Show was thought about in the same way. all new songs, few hits and reworked ones.

people tend to forget that the Girlie Show was thought about in the same way. all new songs, few hits and reworked ones.

GS and DWT represent some of her most daring and risky artistic choices she's made in terms of live performance. And look how it turned out. Obviously Madonna knows best. Same could be said in regards to criticism about how they handled album promotion this year, considering the results. Particularly other artists, some older and others new practically getting the same sales figures but with 10 times the exposure in terms of cd promotion alone.

Oh yes of course, Madonna's next tour will be hugely downsized to theatres. Of course. :lmao:

Sorry but were you born yesterday?

:rotfl::thumbsup:

My God she was 1 hour late!!!!!

Who the fuck cares? Have these people actually seen the show? As for people saying she struggled to sell out Hyde Park and that she only played 3 cities in the UK. Get some perspective please. Just look at the venue typology, geography, revenue and structural upward evolution of her tours under Live Nation since 2001.

No, I don't think so. The Drowned World Tour showed us a dark stage act and a very unfriendly Madonna. The reviewers seem to be eating this tour up, fans that are not sitting in the pit seem to love it, and I keep hearing how much fun she looks like she's having. Remember off these boards there are lots of fans and people that have a very different and much more realistic view of what's going on.

You missed the point completely. This isn't about the tone or theme of the show, it is about her late starts.

Oh yes of course, Madonna's next tour will be hugely downsized to theatres. Of course. :lmao:

Sorry but were you born yesterday?

It is amazing how many people here prove themselves foolish by making it very obvious that they DID NOT read the entire post. Wipe the egg of your face and try again.....

Again, the topic is about the LATE starts....not the lack of hits.

She sold all of them, RIT, CT, S&S and now MDNA. Minus (per BB) the Seville gig for S&S (82%, one gig over a total of 5 stadium gigs in Spain alone). The Prague one for CT if I remember correctly and the Slane Castle gig for RIT (92 %). People should stop complaining about her supposed tardiness, it adds to the allure and I am sure that with the opening DJ sets and the show itself there are loads of technical issues that needs to be handled properly to guarantee a flawless show, which unlike other acts is typically Madonna's style. I swear every year there's a thread that predicts some future lesser commercial performance and every year she's still among the top 5 celebrities in the world, whatever.

Hmm, I never heard anyone predicting anything......a heathy discussion about the large number of people complaining to TM and other sources that they will never again pay $ to see her due to her late starts is what inspired this.....some fans need to get off defense mode and try and see things in the BIG PICTURE (lol)......we mega-fans are not the majority....the majority don't have the patience, energy, or understanding to wait 2.5-3 hours for a show to begin. That is all....no one is questioning her future commerical appeal, the question is will her late starts turn off a substantial amount of ticket buyers on future tours.

imagesCASIFU3Y.jpg

:lmao:

Quite.. you really need to get to the point pretty quickly if ya gonna attempt to throw a multi-paragraph opus on our azzes. Not to mention incoherent thread title... um wtf? :confused:

I do think there's a point there for the record about the bitching casual fans and starting late - both of which I had, since I had the vantage point from outside the golden cunt (sadly) and with the lateness had to start googling setlists and planned to leave earlier.

Hmm, I never heard anyone predicting anything......a heathy discussion about the large number of people complaining to TM and other sources that they will never again pay $ to see her due to her late starts is what inspired this.....some fans need to get off defense mode and try and see things in the BIG PICTURE (lol)......we mega-fans are not the majority....the majority don't have the patience, energy, or understanding to wait 2.5-3 hours for a show to begin. That is all....no one is questioning her future commerical appeal, the question is will her late starts turn off a substantial amount of ticket buyers on future tours.

The answer is no and when was she 3 hours late? For the ones pointlessly complaining about this issue, consider yourselves lucky that you're able to see the show in an arena and with seating arrangements for the floor as well. Just you wait 3 hours more (if she's actually ever been 3 hours late as you say) for her to take to the stage when you've already been queuing for 10 hours all day under scorching temperatures, immersed in a crowd of pushy and sweaty queens and then you tell me if you've had it rough, waiting a bit for her there

The answer is no and when was she 3 hours late? For the ones pointlessly complaining about this issue, consider yourselves lucky that you're able to see the show in an arena and with seating arrangements for the floor as well. Just you wait 3 hours more (if she's actually ever been 3 hours late as you say) for her to take to the stage when you've already been queuing for 10 hours all day under scorching temperatures, immersed in a crowd of pushy and sweaty queens and then you tell me if you've had it rough, waiting a bit for her there

Denver started at 11 pm. We fans know she doesn't go on until at least 10:30 pm, but the general ticket holder sees 8 PM on their ticket and they certainly do not expect the show to start 3 hours after the stated ticket time.

:lmao:

Quite.. you really need to get to the point pretty quickly if ya gonna attempt to throw a multi-paragraph opus on our azzes. Not to mention incoherent thread title... um wtf? :confused:

I do think there's a point there for the record about the bitching casual fans and starting late - both of which I had, since I had the vantage point from outside the golden cunt (sadly) and with the lateness had to start googling setlists and planned to leave earlier.

Incoherent thread title?.....It's a title, and it's pretty plain and direct.....

Denver started at 11 pm. We fans know she doesn't go on until at least 10:30 pm, but the general ticket holder sees 8 PM on their ticket and they certainly do not expect the show to start 3 hours after the stated ticket time.

I know, she's gonna play to an empty arena next time she's in Denver, she's literally done.

I know, she's gonna play to an empty arena next time she's in Denver, she's literally done.

Why can you not discuss the topic maturely without jumping to defensive cynicism? No one here has suggested such a thing, nor would they. If this topic offends you so, please feel free to ignore it.

It's pretty clear that a large portion of fans here are ultra-defensive and would rather insult the topic or other fans rather than contribute to the conversation. Thank you to everyone who had a mature and thoughful response....asking questions and confronting realistic topics and issues, even towards M, is what makes discussion forums thrive.

Today's atmosphere is very forgetful. I hate to make this comparison but look what is happening right now in the presidential election. Mitt Romney made the ultimate campaign-killing gaffe behind closed doors, it was secretly taped and leaked to the press, and 1 "strong" debate performance from him undid that damage. In the span of a few weeks.

What I'm saying is, today's media has made everything extremely forgetful and short lived. If Madonna pisses off some fans in a city here & there, it'll cause a ruckus for a day or so, then next week no one will even care that it happened. That's the age we live in now. So I don't think any of the "offenses" Madonna has committed on MDNA are going to impact her future touring business in a big way.

Unsuccessful albums and singles however, WILL affect her touring business- because honestly, even though people love going to her concert to hear the classix, the ultimate drive for people to attend someone's tour is a sense of relevance, the duality of someone being both nostalgic AND current, which I think is a big reason why Sticky & Sweet had such mammoth success (of course there are bigger reasons than that, but that certainly helped).

Incoherent thread title?.....It's a title, and it's pretty plain and direct.....

Uh no.. what reputation do you mean? What current reputation? What's that supposed to mean? Amongst the public? Cause it's not like she's done anything big controversy wise lately. :dazed: So what is it? When I looked at it I was like wtf. It's one of those annoying purposely vague "get you to click and open the thread to see what I mean" ones.