Madonna's son David debuts as a DJ with Martin Solveig

realityisalways

I don't know what Madonna's surgery has to do with it but I would imagine being of a different ethnicity from your parents/siblings must be tough identity wise. I've heard so many stories about adopted kids that grow up with complexes about their race because they don't fit in at home and they have no reference point for their future appearance. But it is what it is at this point for Madonna & David I guess.

He made it sound like Madonna wants to look white when she isn't. But she is. There's a difference between wanting to look good for yourself and trying to alter your genetics/heritage. I know this isn't what he meant (I hope) but it sounded like it. But even so, I can't see what this has got to do with david or mercy. A lot of caucasian people adopt african children.

I think he meant she was conforming and turning herself into the stereotypical Hollywood bimbo ideal of beauty.

I dont think she is at all.. if that were the case she'd have fixed her teeth, gotten 40inch beach blonde hair extensions, airbrush tan, and breast implants. ;) she hasn't changed since the 80s. the only difference is that she gets a few facials / touch up sometimes, but so do more people nowadays. she wears freaking trainers and baseball caps and hardly any makeup when she leaves the house :dead: , unless it's for a specific event. so i don't see her as a stereotypical hollywood bimbo beauty, personally. :) partly i get what you're saying: the blonde hair, porcelain skin, red lips.. but I don't really link that with a hollywood bimbo. maybe she should color her hair brown ;)

Ok is it bad of me to point out how....... African...... He looks?

:rotfl: omg.

Between this post and your "fuck yeah Amreka" screaming, i'm afraid all hope is lost. SOS indeed!.

I said the African thing because it brings up a good point. Do families that look so naturally different... is it harder for them? I mean, David has very prominent native African features. and he lives with a woman who has had surgery to make herself look the quintisential version of white beauty....

I don't think when you are Madonna's adopted child, whatever issues you may or may not have, are the same sort of ones that may be the norm.... on tour they live with a mixed family traveling the globe.

I said the African thing because it brings up a good point. Do families that look so naturally different... is it harder for them? I mean, David has very prominent native African features. and he lives with a woman who has had surgery to make herself look the quintisential version of white beauty....

This is so stupid :rotfl: you're such a hick SOS :lol:

I don't see the fact that Madonna is white and Mercy and David are black/African as an issue at all. They are growing up in NYC, one of the most multi-cultural areas where there are people of all races and many multi-racial families. It's not like they're living in some all white hick town. They meet people of all races all the time. Just look at the different races represented in Madonna's dancers and band on this tour. It's not like they never see another black person.

They meet people of all races all the time.

This is what happens when you live by "i never need to leave my country, everything is here" mentality.

See the world and get your head out of your countries asshole folks, it helps your brain. You'll be less confused by black kids being raised by white women :manson:

Madonna hasn't had cosmetic surgery to change the structure of her face.

Guest bluejean

I guess it depends on how black the kids are. The blacker the skin the more confusion i think.

:lol:

Poor little David, growing up in a privileged life living in mansions jetsetting around the world and making his DJing debut at AGE SEVEN alongside world renowned Martin Solveig and having access to the best education and opportunities in the world.. It's going to be tough for the poor little guy but rest assured his privileged african sis Mercy will be by his side inheriting millions with him.

Not everything is about money. Madonna has said several times that she will be educating her adoptive children about their heritage. It's very important to understand your own heritage and adoption is obviously very life changing from those adopted.

As long as their culture and heritage is represented then I dont think there will be much of a problem, but saying that my mum has a friend who was adopted from Nigeria by a white family and grew up in Wales and shes as crazy as fuck, she used to be scared of anyone of colour and had an OCD of washing her skin 10s of times a day and even tried to bleach her skin with domestos! (not kiddding) then her adopted family died and she now lives in London which has calmed her down but there are many instances where kids who are adopted by parents outside of their culture thrive and some that do not.

I personally think David and Mercy will be fine as they are exposed to everything and have been back to Malawi but I guess only time will tell.

I personally think that Mercy and David really are cute and the pics of them kissing M in NYC melt my heart everytime I see them. Shes seems to be a great mum regardless of race or biology.

Exactly. When I say heritage I don't just mean skin colour or race. It could be culture or family history, political related or whatever. The thing is that it's secrecy that breeds suspicion and suspicion breeds insecurity. We all know that a child whom is insecure about its heritage is a recipe for disaster. I know of this from several adopted people I have met.

Do interracial kids get confused by having a white papi and a black mami?

They must be so confused.

Help them.

actually it does happen. It's not the child's fault though. It's how race is created socially.

Ok, I'm mixed race and was adopted by white parents in a predominately white family. They also adopted a mixed race girl, who is a couple of years older than me. Personally, I think the identity issue is somewhat overplayed. It wasn't a big deal in my family, and we all just accepted each other for who we were. If anything, it seemed to be more of a problem for people outside the family that couldn't comprehend that an adopted multiracial family was a 'proper' family. You can see this with Madonna's children too where David and Mercy are constantly referred to as her 'adoptive' children, rather than just her children..

Intellectually, Madonna has always struck me as being clued up about race - more so than your average white liberal - so I'm sure her children will be fine. But more than that, she's knows that raising a family is all about love and she has that in spades to give to David and Mercy.