Seattle (October 2)

Nightshade

fantastic review!!!! :inlove:

so was she pissed off :medusa: with the vancouver crowd because the smoking??

That's what she basically said. Although I have to say this, Madonna always has a sort of humorous sarcasm about her, so when people report that she said something kind of mean, I always wonder if they are taking her comments too seriously? She sounded more funny than cunty tonight. She actually had a pretty good sense of humor and even let out a comical shriek when Brahim spanked her in "Human Nature/Erotica"...it had the crowd snickering with her.

I'd say her overall mood was good but tired. I can't imagine how much this production takes out of her.

WOW. This show is nothing short of phenomenal as a live spectacle. Worth every goddam penny and she works her ass of for her money, let me tell you!

So glad you had so much fun! :clap:

Best live performance production value EVER

From Squaremadonna

408643_501629809849323_167223542_n.jpg?w=700&h=

384367_501630533182584_1414922973_n.jpg?w=700&h=

I can see she's flopping hard in the US as well, you can actually spot people on the roof making their way out.

Live Nation is writing another cheque to Billboard right now.

From Squaremadonna

384367_501630533182584_1414922973_n.jpg?w=700&h=

from this, you can see how far the catwalk goes into arenas, i think even the worst seatting have a great view of the stage, never realized before....and also how awesome and complex the lightning are...

Great to hear you loved it, NS. Nice review. :)

Did she actually say "Virgin Tour" or just reference that she played Seattle on her first tour?

By the by- there was pot smoking at the first Yankee Stadium show, too. And, I imagine, other venues.

Did she actually say "Virgin Tour" or just reference that she played Seattle on her first tour?

Nah, she just said, "My first show ever" or something like that. She didn't reference the tour name (if I recall correctly). I did take some video with my new Samsung Galaxy, but I am not sure how good the sound is. I will upload the videos when I get a minute. I actually have to work today for a few hours and then I have the second show tonight.

Also, she said something at the very end after "Celebration" was over but it wasn't "I am over this shit." Maybe someone else caught the video. I *thought* she said something about being 'magnificent' but I could've heard her wrong.

I think during her speech she did say our city was beautiful too, but again, it was hard to hear at some points. Yesterday was a perfect day (weather-wise) and I am sure her view of the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound from the Westin was probably gorgeous.

Great review, Nightshade. I can feel the excitement and can't wait to see the show again on DVD- even though I'm sure there's nothing like seeing the show LIVE.

So many details and as you said great production and light design.

Here's another raving review that I liked:

Madonna Delivers A Highly-Concentrated Dose Of MDNA At Key Arena

Nightshade, Thanks for your amazing review. As an Australian fan, I should be jealous reading the reviews from all of the great Madonna fans here but I just love hearing about your great experiences. Your review was fantastic and it is great you had such an awesome time.

There is alink to a BEAUTIFUL video of Love Spent from Seattle I saw on Twitter. I wasn't sure if I'm allowed to post it, because it wasn't on Youtube.

I'll post a bigger review later, but I was front row centre again and it was the best concert I've ever attended! She came right down to the centre and handed me the mic for Open Your Heart, Holiday and LAP! She saw I was singing my lungs out to TUTR so she gave me alot of time with the mic even if I was losing my voice! Haha I got alot of eye contact throughout the show... It was beyond amazing for me! So glad I changed my plans and came to Seattle after Vancouver! She mentioned my Keith Haring shirt and Boytoy necklace as well in the speech!

some of the dancers have been saying Seattle has a great energy! I doubt Madonna will miss it out on another tour now!

That is wonderful to hear! I am actually really surprised as Seattle audiences are typically not that good. I saw the Killers here and they were pissed at the low energy. Last night's crowd was pretty decent for your typical Madonna show, and outstanding for Seattle.

Nightshade, Thanks for your amazing review. As an Australian fan, I should be jealous reading the reviews from all of the great Madonna fans here but I just love hearing about your great experiences. Your review was fantastic and it is great you had such an awesome time.

You know, I was actually think about Australia a lot during the show. I feel terrible you guys and gals aren't getting her this round. I am so very sorry. I still pray she would change her mind and do this tour down under. You people deserve it more than we do.

I'll post a bigger review later, but I was front row centre again and it was the best concert I've ever attended! She came right down to the centre and handed me the mic for Open Your Heart, Holiday and LAP! She saw I was singing my lungs out to TUTR so she gave me alot of time with the mic even if I was losing my voice! Haha I got alot of eye contact throughout the show... It was beyond amazing for me! So glad I changed my plans and came to Seattle after Vancouver! She mentioned my Keith Haring shirt and Boytoy necklace as well in the speech!

I remember her saying that! I didn't know it was you! HAHA! That is so awesome. I am glad you came to the Seattle show!!

http://seattletimes.com/html/edcetera/2019329521_madonna-concert-seattle.html

Madonna rocked us as a feminist icon at KeyArena

Posted by Sharon Pian Chan

2019329444.jpgenlarge.gif

COLIN DILTZ / THE SEATTLE TIMES

There is only one word to say after Madonna's extravaganza, spectacle and concert Tuesday night: Respect.

Madonna tore it up on the dance floor at the age of 54. She shot her dancers up in a dance sequence rivaling the video game "Call of Duty." She bared her butt — with "Obama" written across her back. But she is nobody's baby.

For many women, she is the one, the beginning and possibly the end.

Even rapper Nicki Minaj, in a video segment at the concert, acknowledged, "There is only one queen and that's Madonna."

Madonna showed us that a woman didn't have to be nice to succeed, even as U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton continues to struggle with her icy image. Madonna had children and marriages but was never defined by her partners, unlike Elizabeth Taylor and Angelina Jolie. Madonna is a singer who became a brand. There have been many women who tried to imitate, but fell short: Britney Spears, J. Lo, Lady Gaga. Most importantly, she is a megastar who did not self-destruct, unlike Marilyn Monroe.

2019330344.jpg

SHARON PIAN CHAN / SEATTLE TIMES

Anessa (left) and Christy Novasil

Some women behave like men to get ahead. They wear pants. They talk like men. Madonna used her sex to succeed, and she did it Tuesday, stripping down to a bra, then pulling her pants down below a thong and baring her cheeks to the Key. "My ass belongs to Obama, even if he is a Christian. When he is in the White House for a second term, I will take my pants off all the way." (The religion reference was the diva's comeback to an earlier comment when <a href="http://www.eonline.com/news/348972/madonna-barack-obama-quot-black-muslim-quot-remark-was-meant-to-be-quot-ironic-quot?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories">she joked that he was a Muslim.)

Some fans wore t-shirts supporting same-sex marriage and approval of Referendum 74. We probably would not be voting on the issue on Nov. 6 without Madonna. She championed gay men, bringing them into mainstream pop culture with the song "Vogue," her movie "Truth or Dare" and her book "Sex."

And to those who were shocked by the shooty-shooty-kill-kill scene at Madonna's concert, it's only shocking because she's a woman. Men have been shooting people up in movies and on television for decades. Besides, I would be disappointed if she failed to produce any outrage. It would be like going to a U2 concert and not getting an education about government oppression in some corner of the world.

The shooting was one segment in an extravaganza that included a marching band suspended from the ceiling, Irish stepdancing (think "Riverdance"), a Jabbawokeez-style dance troupe, Parkour leaps across rising and falling pedestals and dancer contortions worthy of a Beijing acrobatics troupe. If Madonna was stiff in the opening numbers, by the middle and end, she was outdancing her band of androgynous, multicultural dancers 30 years her junior.

2019330347.jpg

SHARON PIAN CHAN / SEATTLE TIMES

Left to right: Chandra Chenvert, Amber Perdue, Ashley Allen.

As opening DJ Martin Solveig said, "You all have the best seats that ever existed." KeyArena felt like an intimate arena on Tuesday, far better than the Tacoma Dome. It's worth saving, ahem, Seattle City Council and Mayor Mike McGinn.

In two hours, Madonna showed us the uselessness of Seattle's passive aggression. I bow down to her Madgesty, and deliver her message to those who missed the concert.

What are you looking at?

Strike a pose.

Express yourself.

Excellent review Nightshade! And so glad you're going tonight too. Had I been more organized about it though I would have made sure to meet up with you beforehand.

five more hours, biatches.

Excellent review Nightshade! And so glad you're going tonight too. Had I been more organized about it though I would have made sure to meet up with you beforehand.

five more hours, biatches.

No worries. I could only get part of the day off, so my ass is at work still. However, I hope tonight is just as good (if not better)! Have a great show, svperstar!

I am so excited to go again!!!

If Obama does win, do we think she will actually take it all off? She has been promising to do so for a while

It sounds like she will but who knows. If the election can be called early enough on election night, Pittsburgh gon' get it, lol. If not, it'll be Detroit the night after, if she does it.

And dear Seattle, I approve of your reviews.

Just some quick comments on the October 3rd show in Seattle...

Martin Solveig opened again (David Banda helped out a little).

The wire-walking in "Hung Up" was a problem for some reason and she did not end up doing it (it looked like something technical was wrong) but the other dancers did their parts.

I thought the crowd was a little more lively overall, however my section last night was different than the one the night before. I heard more bitching about her coming on at 10:30 or so than the previous night. However, more people stood up in this section for most of the show...even during "I'm Addicted".

One of the rising boxes failed to function as planned for "I'm A Sinner" (it stayed stuck in the UP position) and was left up for most of "Like a Prayer."

She did "Love Spent" again (YAY) and her tattoo was OBAMA again.

any videos from the show?

I took some with a Samsung Galaxy. The quality was not as good as I had hoped. I downloaded them to my computer and I hope to put them on YouTube (and then post links here) on Saturday or Sunday this weekend.