EROTICA / SEX: The Official 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread.

Mattress

Conducted at the very beginning of 1993 (prior to the release of "Bad Girl" and during promotion for the film Body Of Evidence) this is a clip from what is possibly the most forgotten sit-down she ever did with Kurt Loder.

She talks Courtney Love nearly three years before their VMA smackdown. She discusses Sinead. She comments on the binding of the Sex book. She recounts voting for the first time with great pride. :inlove:

"It would be like me going around saying 'Everyone's sexually repressed!' but not doing anything about it...not making an example of myself."

More from the same week:

"The more people say 'Sex is bad, sex is bad, sex is bad', the more I want to say 'No it's not! No it's not! No it's not!!'"

For it being a US interview during a time when she was being torn to shreds, she seems very passionate. I love it!

Mattress, you are amazing!! I can't believe everything you've contributed to this thread. It's been 20 years since I saw some of this footage, and I am loving every minute of it! I'd have to scan countless hours of VHS tapes to find some of this.

You know what I've been looking for? The footage from TUTBMP that was aired on MTV a few days before the video premiered. Do you remember it?

Does anyone have the MTV disclaimer of "Erotica" where Kurt Loder is walking through the streets of New York? It's pretty much the same speech as the last video posted (thank you for posting btw), but I remember seeing a different version somewhere. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Does anyone have the MTV disclaimer of "Erotica" where Kurt Loder is walking through the streets of New York? It's pretty much the same speech as the last video posted (thank you for posting btw), but I remember seeing a different version somewhere. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

I think that was for JML

I think that was for JML

No, it was definitely for "Erotica." I remember the entire speech he gave was identical to the one in the other video. It was just in a different setting. He was walking around the streets of Manhattan and he was wearing sunglasses.

Edited by MrMojoRisin

More from the same week:

"The more people say 'Sex is bad, sex is bad, sex is bad', the more I want to say 'No it's not! No it's not! No it's not!!'"

this is one of my fave M looks, and i love her voice, tone and her playfulness in this interview... its the BOMB!

Yeah... If I'm remembering correctly it aired the second night the video was shown (the third and final airing). I should have it on tape but haven't come across it yet. I'll double check later on and get it on youtube. :)

Mattress, you are amazing!! I can't believe everything you've contributed to this thread. It's been 20 years since I saw some of this footage, and I am loving every minute of it! I'd have to scan countless hours of VHS tapes to find some of this.

You know what I've been looking for? The footage from TUTBMP that was aired on MTV a few days before the video premiered. Do you remember it?

Yeah! The clip of raw footage (without the photo album effect) of her standing in the field singing. I should have this one too. :D

music_madonna_career_in_pictures_11.jpg

If, like me, you plan to get trashed and perform the entire album at some point this week...

here are the authentic instrumental versions for the ultimate karaoke experience:

Erotica (LP Instrumental)

Fever (12" Instrumental)

Bye Bye Baby (LP Instrumental)

Deeper And Deeper (LP Instrumental)

Where Life Begins (LP Instrumental)

Bad Girl (LP Instrumental)

Waiting (LP Instrumental)

Thief Of Hearts (LP Instrumental)

Words (LP Instrumental)

Rain (Remix Instrumental)

Why's It So Hard (LP Instrumental)

In This Life (LP Instrumental)