EROTICA / SEX: The Official 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread.

Mattress

It's really nothing big. Just some extra background noise in that part of the video that only existed on the day of the premiere as far as I can tell.

It's really nothing big. Just some extra background noise in that part of the video that only existed on the day of the premiere as far as I can tell.

Oh...thanks! I'm all into it. I don't care how small it is,any bit of info is appreciated!

I drove across town to my parents' house, went up their attic and dug through my Madonna boxes and found the tape!! And it's there!!!! I took video of it with my iPhone and uploaded it to YouTube. It's processing right now, but I'll post a link as soon as its available. I'm also creating a DVD of some of the rare footage I have, including this, which I plan to upload soon. It will be much better quality than what I took with my phone.

"See, I told ya" :lol: I swear to god if I find out you were mumbling operatically off camera to prove a point I'll send Dita's hopping ghost after you.

I'm assuming there was a copyright issue with whatever song used and the change happened fast. I'm not hearing it on my tape at all, though the one I just checked again may have been filmed within the week of the premiere and not on the actual first day.

As on 93:99, all I'm hearing on my tape is:

(these will also serve as song titles for my debut album due out this November)

1. song halts
  2. click sound when walken sits
  3. breath spray
  4. cat hissing
  5. car passing
  6. air conditioner ruffling
  7. bells ringing*
  8. footsteps
  9. song resumes

Throughout the clip you uploaded you do hear another layer of background "music" mixed in with all of this. Can't wait for better quality and to see what else you upload! Trying to rig my VCR as well so I can upload some of what I captured during this era. :D

CONCERNING CHINESE HOPPING GHOSTS

34.gif35.gif34.gif35.gif34.gif35.gif34.gif35.gif34.gif35.gif

The Chinese honor their dead out of both respect and fear. And for good reason. An unsatisfied soul could become a ghost and make life unbearable. Whether or not the Chinese truly believe in ghosts, they occupy a large part of their imagination, and the hopping ghost (with its recent star appearances on the Hong Kong move scene) is the most popular.

Q: What is a hopping Ghost?

A: Scientifically speaking, it's an undecayed corpse whose main soul, the po, has not yet left for the other world. Now, a po on the loose in the mortal world is bad news. It turns into an evil spirit. And a po with a corpse to occupy is even worse. It becomes a hopping ghost.

Q: What makes a hopping ghost hop?

A: Many things, but mostly when a homesick corpse, not wanting to be buried in an unfamiliar village, hops home, po and all. In documented cases, the hopping corpse is often accompanied by an entourage of monks, Taoist priests, and mourners.

Yin shock makes ghosts hop, too. The yin, as opposed to the yang, is dark, mysterious, and usually out to make trouble. (Cats and the moon are characteristically yin.) Should a fresh corpse somehow come into direct contact with a yin sort of energy, then it reacts, often becoming charged with superhuman powers. And it hops.

Q: How do you know when you've chanced upon a hopping ghost?

A: It's not terribly difficult to tell. Despite the corpse's superhuman energy, rigor mortis does set in, and the joints get stiff enough that it is forced to hop stiffly. According to some reports they have resorted to flying. As for appearances, a hopping corpse usually wears Qing Dynasty burial clothes. As these went out of fashion a hundred or so years ago, the corpses stick out like a sore thumb. And they don't worry too much about personal hygiene either. One hopping ghost stunk so badly that one whiff killed a relative and knocked another out cold. Some hopping ghosts are uglier than others. Some have tounges that hang down to their chest or eyeballs that aren't too firmly attached to their sockets. But all hopping ghosts have unusually long fingernails that are their most lethal weapon (especially being on the end of stiff outstretched arms). Hopping ghosts keep best in coffins or caves. They're not much for sunbathing. In fact, the sun's first rays are enough to stop a hopping ghost dead in its tracks.

Q: What should I do if I run into a hopping ghost?

A: Don't breathe. Hopping ghosts detect humans by smelling their breath. The old clove-of-garlic-keeps-the-ghost-away trick will not work here. You could try pasting a yellow and red Chinese death blessing on its forehead. This will quiet many unsettled souls. In the event that you don't have the above handy, just whip out any eight-sided Taoist mirror, a straw broom, long-grained rice, or just a few drops of fresh chicken blood. In a few seconds the corpse will be hopping scared.

Q: Just how dangerous are hopping ghosts?

A: Well, lethal. Normally the hopping ghosts hops forward until it has gouged the victim's neck and choked him/her to death. This is not a pleasant way to go. In one other case, the hopping corpse preferred to plop down on sleeping people's heads thereby smothering an entire hotel full of guests.

Q: What can I do to get rid of pesky hopping ghosts?

A: There's only one way to do it, and that is to burn them, coffin and all.

Study Conducted in Taiwan by Suzanne Thomas (from

http://www.resort.co...ping_ghost.html)

Guest bluejean

I don't trust Bill. He was posting fake things right before the release of MDNA, a fake tracklist and fake lyrics he'd written himself I think it was.

Maybe that blog quoting him is actually his blog too? :lol:

I don't trust Bill. He was posting fake things right before the release of MDNA, a fake tracklist and fake lyrics he'd written himself I think it was.

Maybe that blog quoting him is actually his blog too? :lol:

:( I've reformed!

"See, I told ya" :lol: I swear to god if I find out you were mumbling operatically off camera to prove a point I'll send Dita's hopping ghost after you.

I'm assuming there was a copyright issue with whatever song used and the change happened fast. I'm not hearing it on my tape at all, though the one I just checked again may have been filmed within the week of the premiere and not on the actual first day.

As on 93:99, all I'm hearing on my tape is:

(these will also serve as song titles for my debut album due out this November)

1. song halts
  2. click sound when walken sits
  3. breath spray
  4. cat hissing
  5. car passing
  6. air conditioner ruffling
  7. bells ringing*
  8. footsteps
  9. song resumes

Throughout the clip you uploaded you do hear another layer of background "music" mixed in with all of this. Can't wait for better quality and to see what else you upload! Trying to rig my VCR as well so I can upload some of what I captured during this era. :D

LOL that album sounds HOT!! There is also a dog barking after the kiss, do you hear that?

Guest bluejean

:( I've reformed!

:lol: Well I'm not saying you are lying since I never saw the premiere myself, I'm just pointing out your history of making stuff up. You were adament about those fake lyrics as well.

:lol: Well I'm not saying you are lying since I never saw the premiere myself, I'm just pointing out your history of making stuff up. You were adament about those fake lyrics as well.

:lol: I don't remember ever defending them as being the real thing ... ;)

To complement

post #179 , I thought I'd jump ahead a bit and post lossless .WAV files

for two additional rarities that weren't commercially released.

622309564_1235c7a426_z.jpg

PRO-CD-5896

DeeperPro.png

DEEPER AND DEEPER (David's Radio Edit) |

DOWNLOAD

One of my all-time favorite Madonna remixes, this unique radio edit was the preferred "hit" version on many pop/Top 40 stations, partly due to its shorter duration. For those who haven't followed Madonna's remixography, this is the arrangement she performed during the 1993 Girlie Show.

While David Morales' 12" version is great, this radio edit features fuller instrumentation throughout, especially noticeable during the opening verse of the song.

DEEPER AND DEEPER (Shep's Deep Makeover Edit) |

DOWNLOAD

Shep's slightly Cathy Dennis-ish take reinvents his original production and features some alternate vocal bits during the chorus. The full mix runs over 9 minutes long, so this more concise edit is a nice alternative. I don't recall ever hearing this mix on the radio.

Both are ripped directly from the promo CD single. Enjoy!

Were there any of the nude bicycle in Sex? I think it was in there but I don't remember

tumblr_m59nko9wsr1qce2fso1_500.png

...which was later retooled for the "What It Feels Like For A Girl" single cover...

madona.jpg

That last part was a lie. :shy:

Ugg, I want to have my own copy of Sex.

I tried to loan it from a local library, but it was labelled as missing. :(

:(

Have you thought of snagging one off of eBay? There are a few decent looking ones at okay(ish) prices, but shipping is a bitch.

Loving this thread, this is my favourite era, hence my signature pic has remained unchanged in almost 10 years lol

Stand by while I post some cool stuff over the next week, getting the camera out tonight

I don't trust Bill. He was posting fake things right before the release of MDNA, a fake tracklist and fake lyrics he'd written himself I think it was. Maybe that blog quoting him is actually his blog too? :lol:

:rotfl:

To complement

post #179 , I thought I'd jump ahead a bit and post lossless .WAV files

for two additional rarities that weren't commercially released.

622309564_1235c7a426_z.jpg

This was the original Beetlejuice before Deeper and Deeper :erotica:

maddonnas.jpg

And I agree with you about that Morales mix. At the time I was not fussed on that track and the Morales mix (the 12 inch anyway) saved it for me - especially since he removed the Vogue references. :rotfl: Now I aren't so big on it and the original grew on me.

Shame that was the only Morales collab, pretty tame for him and not given much he could add to since it was already dance. MAW's mixes of Erotica are amaze as well.. some of the biggest and best remixers briefly did all their one off Madonna work for this album! Murk too. The remixes of this era were the best - and the videos and it kept up like this till Bedtime Stories which was sorta a logical progression.

tumblr_m59nko9wsr1qce2fso1_500.png ...which was later retooled for the "What It Feels Like For A Girl" single cover... madona.jpg That last part was a lie. :shy:

Ah yes, that classic bogbrush hair. Bruna reborn. :dramatic::wow:

OT: But didn't they shop out the Bitchney Tears from her t-shirt on the WIFLAG single? :scared:

I thought Dita was this obscure old silent film actress but she's actually pretty well known! I was shocked to see her turn up in La Grande Illusion and she's in other well known/classic cult films like L'Atalante. :erotica:

Randomness for the fun-with-audio file...

Thanks to the Confessions Tour and recent leaks, most fans are aware of the earlier "you thrill me" version of "Erotica". Lots of these rough vocal bits were included on various remixes by Masters At Work on the original maxi single back in '92. But did you know that one line was retained in heavily altered form on the album version of the song?

If you're all like, whaa...?, I've uploaded two audio samples to illustrate what I'm talking about:

The first clip is a portion of the finished recording. That squealy, synth-like fill that pops up after "I'd like to put you in a trance" is Madonna's heavily altered, pitch-shifted voice singing "you send me" from the earlier version.

The second sample features the "you send me" portion slowed down a few times to try and make the vocals clearer.

Yes, I am a nerd.

Ugg, I want to have my own copy of Sex.

I tried to loan it from a local library, but it was labelled as missing. :(

Let's make our own version?

Loving this thread, this is my favourite era, hence my signature pic has remained unchanged in almost 10 years lol

Stand by while I post some cool stuff over the next week, getting the camera out tonight

Really looking forward to this! :D