Madonna Endorses 'Black Muslim' Obama At DC concert

TOUR2008

If it was sarcasm, it was lost on me. I honestly believed she just misspoke. If it were "ironic," she should have said "Muslim Kenyan, etc. etc." I've heard tons of liberal talking heads sarcastically refer to him as that. Her statement was a little ambiguous, but I'm glad she clarified it.

I'm a big fan of how Madge uses irony to express her points of view (for example, during the "Have you seen Molly?" episode or even the Born This Way mashup, which is at once an honor and a huge bitch slap). However, in WATCHING THE ACTUAL VIDEO CLIP of this speech, I must say I too also believed (and somehow still believe) that she was not being ironic or funny at all.

I'm not saying she actually believes him to be a Muslim, but that she probably just misspoke. In any case, the point is that there's nothing in her tone of voice or face that connotes any irony for me. And that's a pity because I would've looooooveed for her to precisely imply or say, "SO WHAT IF HE IS A MUSLIM?"

In any case, better luck next time, and I'm glad she clarified it!

How can he be your dad? Lol :lol: omg he sounds like he loves fixed news. I mean this is 2012.. Not 1870. You should explain to him that many of those people working there were also born here in the U.S.A...

He isnt a republican though either. He hated Bush with a passion as well and thought he was a fucking moron. I dont know.

the biggest issue with this whole statement is how offended people are by the prospect that Obama could be a Muslim. That's what she just did...opened up that can of worms. Good on her!

:dramatic:

Madonna, you silly thing. I think she misspoke in the heat of the moment given how her tone or the look on her face didn't sound or look like when she's being sarcastic, imo. If it actually was on purpose to be sarcastic, it was still not the most clever "joke" nor the best way of phrasing it. The delivery was a big fail and her message got lost. No matter how you paint it, she fucked up, she made a mistake. :lol: She definitely opened up a can of worms and like with the Turkish tit incident, exposed the bigots and prejudiced whether intentional or not.

So much for the North American love train we were all riding on :chuckle:

Did people ACTUALLY think she would even entertain the bigoted idea (that Barack Hussein Obama is Muslim) started by the haters who tries to scare America into not voting for him? Come on now. Madonna is way smarter than that. No "misspeaking" in her part whatsoever. Just that not many people smart enough to get her joke.

Like I said the first time I heard it my first thought wasnt, "OMG! Did she just call Obama a Muslim!?" My first reaction was to laugh which is what I did.

I got the joke Madonna. :lol:

Guest FrozenEyes

Like I said the first time I heard it my first thought wasnt, "OMG! Did she just call Obama a Muslim!?" My first reaction was to laugh which is what I did.

I got the joke Madonna. :lol:

Exactly!

Did people ACTUALLY think she would even entertain the bigoted idea (that Barack Hussein Obama is Muslim) started by the haters who tries to scare America into not voting for him? Come on now. Madonna is way smarter than that. No "misspeaking" in her part whatsoever. Just that not many people smart enough to get her joke.

To be honest, I don't know her intention at the time of this "joke" but we are also talking about a woman who thinks Kabbalah water and a red string have special properties. I love Madonna and I think she's highly intelligent, but she is not incapable of saying something stupid.

I would be genuinely surprised if she actually thought he was a Muslim, but regardless, the "irony" or whatever she is calling it seems out of step to me. That's all.

Look... When Madonna showed her one nipple last month, everyone bashed her....tv, radio, Internet....when an other aritist shows her two nipples, no one mentioned it......2 vs 1 and 1 still won....who is revelant and who is irrelevant?

+1

To be honest, I don't know her intention at the time of this "joke" but we are also talking about a woman who thinks Kabbalah water and a red string have special properties. I love Madonna and I think she's highly intelligent, but she is not incapable of saying something stupid.

I would be genuinely surprised if she actually thought he was a Muslim, but regardless, the "irony" or whatever she is calling it seems out of step to me. That's all.

Fair enough to not get the joke at first. It's the people who didn't get it and continue not to get it, even after explanation. Probably cuz it's just another ammo for them to use against Madonna.