DC MONDAY SEPTEMBER 24

Stephen

Guest bluejean

It's so strange because I can remember when I first started visiting these forums....last century...LOL....and it seems like anybody who cared enough to discuss her in depth as we do, "got" her. Idk if it's the internet and people reading things and just taking them literally all the time that has sort of reconditioned the way some people think or WHAT but I've definitely noticed increasingly over the years that the press and her own fans aren't "getting" her like they used to. Like the whole "a girls gotta pay the bills" comment when talking about getting ready to go on tour. FANS ran with that and made a big ordeal about "oh that shows she's NOT into her music and performing anymore...she's just about the money...MATERIAL GIRL" LOL.....I'm like REALLY people!?? Come on now. That is a typical tongue in cheek Madonna statement.

I think in the beginning of the internet days most of the people using it were nerds and people commenting on forums or whatever were diehard fans. This has obviously changed as now absolutely everyone uses the internet. There are fans here who don't even own all her albums or who haven't seen all the tours, infact there are a percentage of people here who I wouldn't even really consider Madonna fans. So yes it has changed, and no not everyone gets her humour. I do think that thing about "Girls got to pay the rent," while obviously a joke, there are alot of people always keen to point out Madonna's supposed lack of involvement in her music because this in their mind brings Madonna down to the level of their faves like Britney, Beyonce etc. However I think in the case of this president "joke," it's more the media freaking out about it than fans.

It's so strange because I can remember when I first started visiting these forums....last century...LOL....and it seems like anybody who cared enough to discuss her in depth as we do, "got" her. Idk if it's the internet and people reading things and just taking them literally all the time that has sort of reconditioned the way some people think or WHAT but I've definitely noticed increasingly over the years that the press and her own fans aren't "getting" her like they used to. Like the whole "a girls gotta pay the bills" comment when talking about getting ready to go on tour. FANS ran with that and made a big ordeal about "oh that shows she's NOT into her music and performing anymore...she's just about the money...MATERIAL GIRL" LOL.....I'm like REALLY people!?? Come on now. That is a typical tongue in cheek Madonna statement. I also don't think fans "get" her work as much. Some say MDNA is a pretty undefined era in terms of a theme, message and look. I think it's one of her most cohesive in years.....just not as blatantly as say COADF. Anyways....that's another can of worms.

Personally, being that I was at this particular show I find the little "fuss" this is causing a bit funny if not ridiculous. To me it was VERY obvious Madonna was very into what she was saying, she was being a smart ass sort of mocking what the racist, rednecks think about him. She simply got carried away,....that's it. She was feeling what she was saying. Not unlike myself here when I'm FORCED to defend Hard Candy or whatever "abomination" Madonna has unleashed on her fans! :lol:

Kurt, so true. Madonna has always had a unique sense of humor that is often very tongue in cheek. I knew as soon as she said about paying big bucks for the handbag that is was all tongue in cheek, but was stunned at the people that pointed out the material girl song and how she lives in a closed palace or whatever. I mean, Madonna was a working-class girl from Detroit who had the talent, ambition,charisma and work ethic to make it big. She is definitely not a pampered princess with rich connections. I love her humor and find her to be one of the most interesting and charismatic celebrities you could ever read about.

Guest kaydendeen

Kurt, so true. Madonna has always had a unique sense of humor that is often very tongue in cheek. I knew as soon as she said about paying big bucks for the handbag that is was all tongue in cheek, but was stunned at the people that pointed out the material girl song and how she lives in a closed palace or whatever. I mean, Madonna was a working-class girl from Detroit who had the talent, ambition,charisma and work ethic to make it big. She is definitely not a pampered princess with rich connections. I love her humor and find her to be one of the most interesting and charismatic celebrities you could ever read about.

The press does love to use Madonna's name to get a story. Considering that this is an election year, her comments are going to be used out of context more than usual. I feel like people shit all over her. The older she gets, people seem to get more and more critical of her. The internet has probably changed things. Sometimes I blame social media for allowing news to travel at lightening speed before it's truth has been validated. I was at both shows and I agree, you could tell that Madonna was joking. She was in a humorous mood all evening. Love chatting with Madonna fans that "get" her. Thank God there are still fans out there like you.

Guest kaydendeen

If anyone is interested, here are some videos I posted on YouTube from both nights. I was in the Golden Triangle both evenings and I think I have a few more clips I'd like to post. There are a lot of people looking for themselves in the videos. Hope this helps. If anyone was on the opposite of me on either night, I'd love to see your video footage. Here's a video of Madonna looking directly at me during Human Nature:

I had such a great time and I met a lot of great Madonna fans that really enjoyed discussing her career. I also met some new friends (one of which helped get me in the Golden Triangle on the first night. I'll be forever grateful!) Two Golden Triangles, Two Concerts and many moments next to my idol. Priceless. Hope to meet more of you in the future.

https://www.youtube....enDeen/featured

If you watch the first night speech, I'm the loon that yells "because you came back!" after she asked why tonight was special loose hadn't been to dc since reinvention...she heard me and started cracking up!

I LOVE HERR OMGGG

If you watch the first night speech, I'm the loon that yells "because you came back!" after she asked why tonight was special loose hadn't been to dc since reinvention...she heard me and started cracking up!

I LOVE HERR OMGGG

OH! So that was you?! Good job! I heard her crack up with laughter, but I didn't hear what was said that she found so funny. So cute of you. :)

Did you see what I wrote in the thread for the Sunday show? I think I saw you ... but I was too shy to say anything. I thought you were wearing a denim jacket (over your BA tee?) and your friend was wearing a light teal colored tee, yes? You're so tall! lol!

OH! So that was you?! Good job! I heard her crack up with laughter, but I didn't hear what was said that she found so funny. So cute of you. :)

Did you see what I wrote in the thread for the Sunday show? I think I saw you ... but I was too shy to say anything. I thought you were wearing a denim jacket (over your BA tee?) and your friend was wearing a light teal colored tee, yes? You're so tall! lol!

Yes that was me! Should've said hi!

Yes that was me! Should've said hi!

D'oh! Yeah... I was just feeling shy that day, I guess. I was going to say, though, that your poetry was very good!

Next time I'm seeing M in DC, I'll be sure to muster my courage. ;)