MDNA DC Sunday, September 23rd

ChaunceyD

Is it me or did she cut the instrumental bit between the end of the chorus and the "love spent, feeling love spent..."?

I don't miss it, if that's the case.

And yes, this version works perfectly. And since it's the most organic one (mainly her voice), it's my current favorite version (of course, if it were complete!).

"Once the show, indeed, went on, the benevolent side of Madonna’s divadom took hold. Everything Madonna threw at the fans made the road shows of other dance-pop arena acts, such as Britney Spears and J.Lo, look amateurish and small. Madonna seemingly has better dancers, choreographers and designers, and a far bigger budget, than everybody else. As Nicki Minaj told the audience in a videotaped cameo shown at the end of Madonna’s recent ranting single, “I Don’t Give a . . .”: “There’s only one queen, and it’s Madonna!”

Brava, diva! :madgemanson:

Is it me or did she cut the instrumental bit between the end of the chorus and the "love spent, feeling love spent..."?

I don't miss it, if that's the case.

And yes, this version works perfectly. And since it's the most organic one (mainly her voice), it's my current favorite version (of course, if it were complete!).

Yes, she cut the instrumental. I think the Washington version was cuted because the medley (virgin+spent) was too long (not a problem for me, but...)

My mum is going tonite(her first M experience)! and she got floor seats, mind you, so jelly :lol::inlove:

Can't wait to for Vegas!

I'm trying to convince my mom to go... maybe she's waiting for me to buy it as a Xmas gift?? (she's in Argentina, so Madge plays right around that time.)

Mom has seen the Girlie Show and S&S, but thinks tickets are too expensive this time (mind you, in Argentina tickets are literally double as much as they were last time).

But floor seats? She's gonna have an amazing time.

I'm trying to convince my mom to go... maybe she's waiting for me to buy it as a Xmas gift?? (she's in Argentina, so Madge plays right around that time.)

Mom has seen the Girlie Show and S&S, but thinks tickets are too expensive this time (mind you, in Argentina tickets are literally double as much as they were last time).

But floor seats? She's gonna have an amazing time.

I think my mom is finally going just so she can shut me up HAHA! i think im more psyched than she is :dramatic:

Sounds like your mom is a fan and that would be a great Xmas gift :thumbsup:

I'll have on a blond ambition shirt come holla

Were you wearing a denim jacket, too? I swear a saw a guy who looked just like you on the ground floor level. Were you with a guy who wore a teal tee shirt? He stood in line to get a pretzel or something next to my friends -- you had walked off, but then you came back and joined him. I thought about saying something, but was afraid I was mistaken.

DOH!!!

Just saw a sign that the Metro will be running until 1am after the show.

Keep this in mind if you haven't left yet.

Yeah, others said it, but I had no problem getting out afterward. The Metro was open until 1:00 a.m. -- the train actually sat and waited until 1:00 a.m. to depart, I think. There were people on the train talking about the show -- and there were some "ignorant" folks talking, too... Someone must've asked "Who's Madonna?" and then someone was showing them the "Hung Up" video on their iPod...

The crowd was lame, but I was seated at the 100 level. When I say seated I mean everyone but me. I was dancing and singing along to everything.

That's strange... I was in 104, and plenty of people in my section were dancing. Not every song, mind you, but many songs. I was in the last row of that section, so there was a concrete wall behind me. In a way, I was really relieved, because that meant I could stand the ENTIRE show and not feel guilty for blocking someone's view. So that's what I did -- stand and dance the whole time.

I think M was pretty pleased with the crowd, although she did say maybe tomorrow night (meaning Monday night, tonight) more people on the sides would be dancing. But I think in general she was really generous with the audience and felt the love. Not an NYC crowd, but still very enthusiastic.

I was a little irked that there was DRAMA in my row and the row in front of me -- Marla the event staff had to come take some drunk girl out because two of them were having an argument. All during "Like a Virgin" and "Love Spent." I was DISPLEASED.

it seems that M did a late sound check when the gates were already open, thats what happened

yes you are right...i certainly wasnt in the VIP section or anything special (section 400) but when they opened the doors to the arena (around 7) we could hear her from out front and ran to our section (which wasnt easy considering we were up in the rafters) but we saw quite a bit of the soundcheck...maybe 35 mins??

and how sexy is the lady in the white blazer during Vogue?? she has the white jacket/thigh high black boots and carries the whip...she is so sexy i couldnt take my eyes off her at all. The one who comes up behind Madonna when she says "gives good face"...love her--i dont usually find the women dancers very attractive...the ones in the girlie show were horrible and same for Confessions...usually the guys are more attractive, but this lady takes the cake

A couple more videos -- with my apologies for the poor quality and the distance. But I figure, if nothing else, you can see how packed the house was:

GGW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-xyCWVS7Mg

IDGA (Verse 2):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQvsWmowjbI

IDGA (Bridge/Rap):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_xivLkmZP8

391594_10151090017952153_1689003503_n.jpg

will post more pics in a bit but here's me and Monte!!!!!!!!

Golden Triangle seriously changed my life...i think about her on such a higher level now

391594_10151090017952153_1689003503_n.jpg

will post more pics in a bit but here's me and Monte!!!!!!!!

Golden Triangle seriously changed my life...i think about her on such a higher level now

How freaking cool. i hate you! :lol:

Btw stud, you two look like a couple :horn:

Awesome vids/piks peter. nice vantage point imo. as much as i would KILL to see every wrinkle in her face in the GT i want to see everything. (or is that the excuse used when you're a broke ass) HA

*crosses fingers for winning GT tix*

haha thanks guys...its funny you say that because when i went to put my arm around him to take the picture he pushed my arm down and put his over mine...i think it was so that he didn't look so short but it's was funny and awkward ;)