MDNA DC Sunday, September 23rd

ChaunceyD

I'm going to make the trek/pilgrimage and am praying that I get into the pit...it just may happen too!!!

I envy you guys that can travel so easy from one place to another to see the Queen concert many times.

I can only purchase tickets for the two concerts in Mexico, but being at the same place is kinda the same.

Well at least, better than the poor Aussie fans

i'm going too! is anyone else taking the metro? do you think they are staying open late or should i look for other transport?? a friend of mine said the verizon center has 11pm curfew for concerts but not sure i buy that??

I've seen quite a few shows at Verizon Center and I wouldn't think they have an 11pm curfew unless something has changed. I remember back in 2001 when she came for DWT, she was EXTREMELY late hitting the stage because of bad weather and I'm thinking she played until almost midnight.

wonder if obama will attend after all?

After all??

Has it been suggested that he may possibly attend?? That would be kind of cool but somehow I doubt he'd want to associate himself with someone like Madonna just before an election.

Yeah, after looking around a bit it looks like there IS indeed an 11pm curfew now. WTF! That's ridiculous, hopefully she'll defy it and just play through and pay a fine. I just can't see her coming on by 9pm

I've seen quite a few shows at Verizon Center and I wouldn't think they have an 11pm curfew unless something has changed. I remember back in 2001 when she came for DWT, she was EXTREMELY late hitting the stage because of bad weather and I'm thinking she played until almost midnight.

but that was a saturday show, i think the curfew is sunday thru thursday...friday and saturday the metro runs till 3

I was planning on the Metro. There's a stop right down the street from where I'm staying...

But the system shuts down at midnight on Sundays. I assume she'll start at 10 or so. Driving in then, unless I hear otherwise.

i cant wait till 20,000 people leave the arena and think they are catching a metro home and everyone is stuck. not everyone reads online madonna sites and know how late she is...i can imagine the uproar. I know the metro has a deal with the local sports teams and they stay open if basketball/hockey games run late...but dont think they have a deal for concerts... someone mentioned the J Lo concert...a friend of mine went to that and said Enrique even mentioned it at one point, saying he had to rush and squeeze everything in cause they were told to finish by 11. now that i think about it, that was a saturday show so not sure why the curfew...the metro is open super late on saturday nights. would be nice if she came out a bit earlier...like 930 instead of 1030

Yeah, after looking around a bit it looks like there IS indeed an 11pm curfew now. WTF! That's ridiculous, hopefully she'll defy it and just play through and pay a fine. I just can't see her coming on by 9pm

but wouldnt it be fantastic if we didnt have to suffer through an opening act? did you go to her re-invention shows in DC? i went to both and she started around 845 both nights...and same for 2nd DWT show...you are right, the first night was something else with all the power outages and storms etc...but the 2nd night she came out araound 830--i also remember seeing some list back in June with the supporting acts listed and DC was one of the few that did not have one? did you see that too?

but wouldnt it be fantastic if we didnt have to suffer through an opening act? did you go to her re-invention shows in DC? i went to both and she started around 845 both nights...and same for 2nd DWT show...you are right, the first night was something else with all the power outages and storms etc...but the 2nd night she came out araound 830--i also remember seeing some list back in June with the supporting acts listed and DC was one of the few that did not have one? did you see that too?

I was at the first RIT show which I think was on a Monday and now that you mention it, I do think the show was over before 11. I didn't see the list with the opening acts but if that's the case, then she may actually go on early-ish. I guess cuz I have to drive a little distance to get there, I'm one of the few that actually doesn't mind her being late. I feel like I'll just be getting "settled" at 8-8:30.

i think you'll be ok...even without an opening act...i think she wont be on before 9...i might head to the metro stop near me (about 10 mins away) sometime on saturday and see if they have any notes posted...they sometimes have signs up the weekend that big shows are taking place...

wonder if obama will attend after all?

I doubt it. He is too busy with more important shit and I think it would actually be bad press for him to attend a concert while our embassies are being attacked overseas.

and if it runs too long, and i miss the metro, you can always give me a ride home?? :ohmy:

Lol....where do u live?

My cousin is actually driving us up there (I live in Richmond). Ugh....a couple months ago when MDNA tour was in Europe and there were curfew/transportation issues I was saying how ridiculous it all is and THANK GOD I won't have to worry about any of that stuff.....well....lo and behold! lol

Hopefully it'll be drama free. I've NEVER had issues at Verizon Center and I've seen quite a few shows there. I just hope that she doesn't end up skipping any songs....I will be HEATED!!! Especially if it's LAV and IA like at the show she had to alter. LAV is one of the ones I'm most looking forward to!

When did this curfew bullshit start anyways?? It's in the middle of the city for goodness sakes why on earth does there need to be a curfew??

Went to the Verizon Center site, and saw this posted:

If they're alerting potential Metro riders..this may imply that there will be later service that night. I'm going to contact the center and see if there are later scheduled trains that evening.

i dont think this implies later running trains, they are just saying if you are taking the train to the show, certain stops have track work going on...nothing abuot the trains running later than normal

HOLY FUCK I WON!!!

I bought tix and submitted my pic in the contest for 23rd but they said they ran out of room that night so they gave me gold triangle tix for the 24th!! So I get to go both nights. Funnily enough, I had bought tix earlier today for 24th show anyways. Only problem is idk if the guest I listed to attend the 23rd show will be able to attend the 24th show. Does anybody know if that will be a problem??

YAY! So happy for you both! :) I didn't enter the contest, because I bought tix for myself and two friends -- so I couldn't imagine leaving one of them behind, you know? Oh well, it will be great to see the show, no matter where in the arena. Just hope the transportation/curfew issues don't cause any changes to the setlist.

Have fun in the triangle you two!