Madonna dedicates "Masterpiece" to Gaga. The ultimate diss? Discuss!

Apples388

I feel this deserves its own thread. Maybe it fuels the war further, I don't know nor do I care. But I choose to S'Press Myself this way.

1. The contextualisation (EP)

"Masterpiece" is a love song, yes, but it is also about obsession and objectification. The narrator is clearly obsessed with the person they are singing the song to. When Madonna dedicates "Masterpiece" to Gaga, we have to view it in this context. Clearly, the "Mona Lisa" in the song is Madonna herself and the narrator becomes Gaga. Ouch.

2. The dedication itself (wording).

You don't need to be a genius or to read between the lines that IMITATION IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF FLATTERY is a big fat diss at Gaga.

And finally,

3. "We will be onstage together." (between the lines?)

This can be interpreted in two ways: either there actually is something on-going behind the scenes between Camp M and Camp Gargoyle for a stage duet. Or this is yet another dig in which Madonna is basically saying, "Bring it on bitch, let's take this love/hate catfight relationship to the next level because I'm not scared. Are you?"

Wheeet do vaa thaooonk??

Gaga better not step on stage with Madonna unless she wants to be out danced, out sung, outclassed and fat shamed.

:clap:

I do think they really are going to do something.

The thought makes me cringe!

Anyway, what can we do.

We'll have something to talk about, I'm sure.

:evil:

I think she's trying to give her a wake up call to be herself (i.e. "Express Yourself"). I think M was impressed with the Gaga she saw a few years ago and wonders where that person went.

Guest bluejean

I really don't think it's a diss at all. And I think Gaga will join Madonna on stage.

I hope they don't record a duet though, that would be unnecessary and annoying.

Get em on stage together and end the fucking fan war for good.

Yes please. I can't believe Madonna says "I love her. I do love her," and people STILL try to interpret it as a diss. Did anyone hear what Madonna said before that? She wouldn't approve of the hatred coming from her "fans." She may think Gaga got inspired by her song, but it's clear that she doesn't find anything wrong with that. :dazed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRjQMaSIvfc

Watch the media spin this out of control, too. :doh:

Here's what she said :

"I'd like to dedicate this next song to Lady Gaga. I do love her. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. One day very soon we're gonna be on stage together"

Are you people sure that this line " Imitation is the highest form of flattery" is not a diss ?!? I'm not affirmative but it doesn't sound like a comliment to me :unsure:

saying to an artist that he is inspired by someone/something is ok but saying he imitates another artist is not really well received by any artist i think...

If you're not really sure imagine during one interview the guy says to Madonna she imitates another female singer, do you really think she will take it for a compliment ?!? Not really sure lol

Guest Not4Pussies

I just don't see Gaga joining her on stage. What would they do? Would she go on stage and do BTW with her dyring EY? That would mean Gaga would finally admit the obvious. Plus I don't see Gaga performing while a video backdrop of monsters eating cans of other artists ideas while Madonna sings she's not me.

Get em on stage together and end the fucking fan war for good.

This. I HATE the idea of Madonna and Gaga doing something together but if that help ending or calming down the stan war i'm all for it. I'm so tired of seeing those retarded Monsters bitching all the time :abuse:

Guest Not4Pussies

The before its too late comment wasn't said. Someone posted it on Twitter who was at concert that's what they thought she had said but now we know what she really said

They're gonna be onstage together at Madison Square Garden, I bet you anything. Which is fine, I kinda hope it happens so it can put this stupid war to rest, I really am sick of reading about it everywhere I go. But tbh I'm not thrilled with the idea of Gaga being memorialized in this way at a Madonna show. Oh well. It's good career karma for both I guess :chuckle:

Thank god I saw Midge at Yankee Stadium, phew. The way the show was meant to be :lol:

plz this war won't stop even if they do something "together"

IKR

I don't like the idea of them 2 on the same stage, but if that's Goddonna's wish, then what can I say?

I wonder if the media will STILL take Germanotta's side if this ever happens.

I'm sure Lady Gaga just shit her bed after hearing about this. I can see her pacing back and forth in her hotel room, ripping out whatever hair she has left.

I just don't see Gaga joining her on stage. What would they do? Would she go on stage and do BTW with her dyring EY? That would mean Gaga would finally admit the obvious. Plus I don't see Gaga performing while a video backdrop of monsters eating cans of other artists ideas while Madonna sings she's not me.

I would LOVE that! It would be the final and definitive nail on gagart's coffin. Can you imagine? The gorgon would be on stage so happy and intimidate for being on the Queen's presence and then she starts to sing by the way with little monsters behind her eating canned art!

PUFF! She's gone to history as the greatest Madonna wannabe of all times. Not even her monsters would be able to deny the truth.

:clap: