Right, so this album has run its course...

acko

Not so fast! :roadrunner:

"SUPERSTAR will be new single and will have artcover made by a brazilian chosen in exclusive contest in São Paulo.

Graphic designers, attention! Madonna is eyeing Brazil and will choose a professional to do the cover for her new single, the song SUPERSTAR, to be launched later this year.

It is a partnership between the whisk brand Johnnie Walker to mount a workshop at the Museum of Image and Sound (MIS) in São Paulo for 30 students. At the end of the course, which will be curated by the art director Giovanni Bianco and whose registrations expire on the 19th in the museum's website, each professional will be asked to create a cover.

In December, whenshe brings her new tour to the country, Madonna will choose the work that will be the cover of a limited edition CD. "What attracted me to the project is the opportunity to inspire a generation of Brazilian artists to progress in the creative field," says the singer.

Expect more details soon!"

source: madonnaonline.com.br

Is this a Latin America only thing? Would she be doing a promotion with Jonnie Walker when she;s been promoting Smirnoff?

As for a fourth single, unless they come out with a storming remix of any of the tracks that spreads through the clubs, this project is dead. After three flop singles, the media have no interest in this project. She should finish the tour and start work on her next one.

I think she should release 7 more singles even though all will disastrously flop, a couple on the same day, one Lithuania exclusive, then when you think it's over, the final one in 2014. :wow:

^^

Yeah why not ?? I mean radios aren't gonna play them anyway so just release them ALL at once and spare just one day to shoot all the accompanying vdos !

Guest bluejean

Oh definitely. Do the people who want GB just want a great video? Fair enough. I love it myself of course but I don't c it as a single. Then again Gimme All Your Derision was beyond idiotic, though with the Clear Channel promotion who cares

No. I think it had hit potential. Obviously if it were released now it wouldn't do very well as a 4th single, but at least it would be appreciated as a fan favourite. I want remixes and a video. But I guess it won't happen.

I'll never get over the shitness of GMAYL as a lead single. Its almost as embarrassing as American Pie.

Guest bluejean

Well,

Masterpiece SHOULD have preceded the album. Just 4 the sake of tradition (LTT, DAD).

Yes. Had the movie came out well before the album that would have been good. It really is one of the best songs on the album.

I'll never get over the shitness of GMAYL as a lead single. Its almost as embarrassing as American Pie.

>:( GMAYL is fab and it made it to top 10!

AP was #1 in I-can't-remember-how-many countries single chart and it was one of her monster hit in 00s.

More news:

"Competition to make the artcover of the new single by Madonna has changes

Last minute changes in the competition to be held in São Paulo to discover a new talent in the arts.

Titled "Art in Urban MIS - Experience with Artists" will be only for graffiti artists and workshop will be coordinate by Binho Ribeiro, one of the leading names in the street art world.

Thirty projects will be selected to attend a show at MIS in addition to a competition in which the winning work will be used as the cover art of a limited CD of the next single by Madonna, Superstar.

Entries are free and go up tomorrow, 19/setember. Candidates must be older than 18 years, complete the registration form, and send a brief CV, a summary of submissions and 3 images of works made by him. The disclosure of the list of those selected will be published on September 20, 2012."

Completely off-topic but

For ten years I've thought she sings "dress and go". Just checked the lyrics online, and feel like a flop fan....

HAHA! That actually makes a little more sense than what she actually sings. And then the next line being an unfinished thought... (I'm gonna kiss ... some part of ...)

I love DAD, but the lyrics in that verse particularly are ... challenging to make sense of. Especially since the rest of it isn't quite so disjointed in terms of the thoughts.

"Madonna will launch album 'Keep Walking, Brazil' in december"

Madonna launches in Brazil in December the album Keep Walking, Brazil, partnering with a brand of drinks that bring remixes of the song "Superstar". And as part of the project, a graffiti made ​​by a Brazilian will be chosen by the pop diva to stamp the artcover.

The competition is part of the Urban Art at MIS - Experience with artists, offering workshops with Binho Ribeiro directed to graffiti art. To participate, you must register on the official website and send resume, three images of copyright works and a synopsis of each.

In all, 30 contestants will be asked to integrate the MIS workshops where, among other things, create the cover art for Keep Walking, Brazil.

Registrations take place until this wednesday, 19 in the MIS website site - only over 18 years old can participate.

Source: Rolling Stone Magazine

The other day I was even contemplating that "Beautiful Killer" could have been a good first single.

Yes, it's THAT good.

On my MDNA cd in my car, it is the first "single" ;-)

There were some wasted opportunities, in hindsight.

TUTR video is good in theory, but the crowd noise and bad editing kinda kill it for me.

I'm happy with the way this era has shaped up over all though.

I would like to see a video for GB and as a b side, a Love Spent remix.