Right, so this album has run its course...

acko

I kinda like that...what with the Itunes era being a total wilderness 4 an old whore like Madonna.

So it don't really matter....but should MANTLEPIECE b a belated single this winter?

Discuss!

What if she remixed it 2 have the live performance arrangement with the Kalakakakakakan 3some?

with the random choices they're doing, it could be...

however it would be good, even if i'd prefer love spent, but this song really improved live, now i love it so much (at first, on album it really didn't impress me, kinda bland)

Album Spent is 2 personal + not general enuff. What about #78 smash in waiting Falling Free? She could have a dubstep mix a la Nina Feeling Good/Etta James. :wow:

Disasterpiece was a mega flop when it got a semi release here, but interestingly I heard it in shops.. like when I was food shopping in M&S so it must have some appeal. :fag:

Gang Bang is clearly NOT a single. The word "polarizing" was invented for it, good video potential but that's it. Since TUTR bellyflopped/was mishandled clearly nothing will work. I think I'm Addicted or I'm A Sinner which went down well on tour are the only viable options.

Oh definitely. Do the people who want GB just want a great video? Fair enough. I love it myself of course but I don't c it as a single. Then again Gimme All Your Derision was beyond idiotic, though with the Clear Channel promotion who cares.

Since u say winter it highlights the dearth of actual ballads.. shame there wasn't more and I Fvcked Up hardly counts. :lol: Sinner is midtempo-ish.

Gang Bang is clearly NOT a single. The word "polarizing" was invented for it, good video potential but that's it. Since TUTR bellyflopped/was mishandled clearly nothing will work. I think I'm Addicted or I'm A Sinner which went down well on tour are the only viable options.

I don't disagree that TUTR was mishandled in terms of timing and giving it an extra push with promotion, but do you really think any song had a chance as a third single? In that sense I don't think it was mishandled because there was really nothing they could have done. The only way TUTR had a chance was as the lead single performed at the Super Bowl or possibly released in place of GGW. After two flops, a third single being a hit is a long shot even for today's top artists, let alone someone like Madonna.

Masterpiece should have been a single, it's a beautiful track and i can feel Madonna's soul in it. I often hear people say it could have been better with some more orchestral arrangements or something, sometimes i agree but sometimes i feel like it's good as it is, with not too much going in the background so you concentrate only on her voice and the lyrics, sometimes simple is best.

It's a very good ballad, the melody is amazing and the lyrics are beautiful, and also there is no autotune or any effect on her voice (at least nothing noticeable, unlike many tracks on MDNA and most of the tracks of nowadays in general, something i don't like) . To me it's the most "old good Madonna" track on the album, but it's just my opinion.

Now about releasing it now or this winter, i'm not sure, i mean almost everyone has heard the track since last year.

Guest Drowned Bedtime

I'm Addicted as first single to lead the campaign off (forget Super bowl for now)

So freaking cool, really the only one on the album without some semblance of cringe attached (not that I mind the cringier elements, I love M), and while dancey, it's very cold, and while purposely avoiding mainstream success, might get a lot of respect from critics/lapsed fans.

I'm A Sinner could work to as a single after that. Then who knows/cares.

But obvs that's not what happened.

Not so fast! :roadrunner:

"SUPERSTAR will be new single and will have artcover made by a brazilian chosen in exclusive contest in São Paulo.

Graphic designers, attention! Madonna is eyeing Brazil and will choose a professional to do the cover for her new single, the song SUPERSTAR, to be launched later this year.

It is a partnership between the whisk brand Johnnie Walker to mount a workshop at the Museum of Image and Sound (MIS) in São Paulo for 30 students. At the end of the course, which will be curated by the art director Giovanni Bianco and whose registrations expire on the 19th in the museum's website, each professional will be asked to create a cover.

In December, whenshe brings her new tour to the country, Madonna will choose the work that will be the cover of a limited edition CD. "What attracted me to the project is the opportunity to inspire a generation of Brazilian artists to progress in the creative field," says the singer.

Expect more details soon!"

source: madonnaonline.com.br

I enjoy "Masterpiece" but it really would not have done much as a lead or second single, me thinks. It's more of a slow burn than an instant hit. That said, I do enjoy it more now than I did when it first came out.

I'm with bluejean though..."Gang Bang" or nothing at this point. A new single won't do shit for the album, but "Gang Bang" (even as a concert video) would look cool and of course the remixes would *probably* be awesome - and we'd likely get another dance #1 (hopefully). Go out with a BANG.

I suppose I wouldn't mind "Love Spent" either, but since she isn't even doing that on tour, there would probably be NO video.

The "Superstar" thing sounds like it is just for Brazil, not worldwide.

I hope you're right Nightshade!

I would go with Gang Bang in november wih the Paris performance video and I'm Addicted next year with a Grammy performance. So she could have 5 #1 dance hits.

And let Superstar to be a latin american single to celebrate her coming to her kingdom.

Not so fast! :roadrunner:

"SUPERSTAR will be new single and will have artcover made by a brazilian chosen in exclusive contest in São Paulo.

Graphic designers, attention! Madonna is eyeing Brazil and will choose a professional to do the cover for her new single, the song SUPERSTAR, to be launched later this year.

It is a partnership between the whisk brand Johnnie Walker to mount a workshop at the Museum of Image and Sound (MIS) in São Paulo for 30 students. At the end of the course, which will be curated by the art director Giovanni Bianco and whose registrations expire on the 19th in the museum's website, each professional will be asked to create a cover.

In December, whenshe brings her new tour to the country, Madonna will choose the work that will be the cover of a limited edition CD. "What attracted me to the project is the opportunity to inspire a generation of Brazilian artists to progress in the creative field," says the singer.

Expect more details soon!"

source: madonnaonline.com.br

The project sounds lovely! But all that for..., Superstar???

Really? Girl, go all out with Gang Bang, MAH GOD!