NYC YANKEE STADIUM - SEPTEMBER 8

Camacho

More from Madonnatribe.

simonc:

WOW she was amazing tonight. HOLIDAY - hell yeah!!!

Some notes:

- it rained pretty much all the way through the first transgression section, but the bitch didn't back down. Still the forward roll for REVOLVER and she was clearly getting wet during PDP. She was treading carefully though as it was really coming down at some points. A dancer held an umbrella over her for I DON'T GIVE A...

- TUTR sounded good tonight as she didn't screech "radio"; her vocals were generally on good form for GGW, PDP, GB and Celebration, all which relied heavily on her live vocals (the backing was really turned down).

- speech: she talked about Sarraga Jo which means "crushing apples" literally, though it is a metaphor for breaking down barriers of discrimination so if anyone hates on you, tell them "Sarraga Jo Motherfuckers!!" Huge applause! Then about freedom of expressing yourself, being who you are, whatever colour, sexuality or religion. Got a great reaction. Nothing about Obama this time!

- then she said as a treat for everyone who had stood in the rain she was going to sing something different, which she hadn't done so far. She said she chose it because she hadn't had a HOLIDAY herself and then the intro started. THE CROWD WENT F-CKING NUTS!!! It was so special to see a spontaneous and joyous moment from her.

- LAV was performed with FORGIVE on her back. She said she has learned that to move on in life you have to forgive, and the person she has to forgive first is herself. It was raining at this point (and pretty cold at this point too) but she was a real trooper. There was an open umbrella there and a purple velvet blanket; she lay on the blanket under the umbrella and delivered a really good version of LAV. No cutting corners because of the rain or if she was cold; it was just as it was meant to be.

- LAP was euphoric. The rain had eased a bit and everyone was clap.gifping and dancing. To see the lights scan the stadium and the whole crowd on its feet, is really spectacular.

- first half of Celebration was sung live; she actually sings it quite well up until the crazy dancing bits.

She was a true professional tonight; she delivered and the crowd loved it. To recognise that people had stood a couple of hours in the rain and sing HOLIDAY, really made me proud to be a fan.

But now I have to save up for the MSG shows.....

digitalfreaknyc:

Yes it rained almost throughout the entire show, to varying degrees.

My thoughts on tonights show are as follows:

The audience around me and my best friend were ATROCIOUS. Drunk homos. Drunk Jersey trash. Drunk drunk drunk. And we were very close to the stage. Not as close as last night but 3rd or 4th row as opposed to first. The people were rude and constantly trying to jump into other people's rows. Security REALLY had their hands full. The two girls in front of us refuse to put their umbrellas down, even after security asked them to. None of us could see so I started hitting her umbrella with my water bottle. People kept sneaking into the row in front of us to either dance or take pictures. I literally put my hand in front of one guys' camera and told him to get the fuck out of my view and back to his seat. It was atrocious. Right before Celebration, there was a mob of people in the aisle and security looked like they were going to shit themselves.

Anyway, tonight's audience was MUCH more into it, IMHO. They were cheering for her before the lights even went down, which did NOT happen on Thursday night. Like I said before, Mila Kunis and Anderson Cooper were both right at the tip of the triangle. Anderson was actually in my seat from the night before. Liz Rosenberg was in the aisle across from me. It was just an overall electric audience. It was probably because of how much we all endured in the rain. It was cold. It was windy. Overall, it was a really crappy experience before the show started. However, after it got started, none of us cared.

The good news: HOLIDAY!!! Fucking awesome. Annoyed that she sang so little of it. The audience kept singing the rest of it after she had stopped. We all REALLY wanted more. When she was saying that she rehearsed a new song, I was positive it was going to be Love Spent. Really shocked that it was Holiday. She needs to add that back into the playlist. It was phenomenal.

Like a Prayer is electric. It was last night and it was tonight. I turned around both nights and watched the audience's reaction to it. They go apeshit for both it and Express Yourself. I know I've gotten a lot of crap for my criticism of this tour but those two songs are absolutely highlights of the show for me. The audience absolutely eats it up.

Also, I'm A Sinner, Turn Up The Radio, I Don't Give A and Girl Gone Wild are awesome. I still love the first two. They absolutely ROCK with the guitar. Phenomenal.

The second section is, by far, the best section of the show. It's got the most energy and she seems to be having the most fun with it.

The Bad? Still the horrendous self-indulgent craptastic Like A Virgin.. Open Your Heart is still raped. Candy Shop is worthless. Celebration is cute but shouldn't have been an ending. It's far too short and she really needs to acknowledge the audience. A bow. SOMETHING.

Overall, it was a great night. I had a phenomenal time with my best friend. It didn't rain too hard, although I'm still very wet. And Holiday was the best part about the show. Looking forward to going in November...

DyeAnotherDay:

I am having my first drink at my fave bar. But I'm dying to say something about that smokin show.

What Dig says is so true. Wild drinking crowd. This one guy literally climbed into my row. People were being tossed everywhere.

Her July 4 2006 show was similar in mad drunks.

What changed everything for me tonight was poor Madge. I could see she snapped during I don't give A. And she really let loose. Tonight was NOT about hitting her marks and promoting MDNA. I felt like it was 1985 again and I was watching this vulnerable little girl showing New York City and Danceteria what she can do. She was so beautiful and free.

I never dreamed Holiday would make me jump into the air. It was 100% the real shit. A great so g from the heart. Everything after Gangbang was so explosive and genuine. What a night. Among my best M shows ever. Ever.

There are no words. Tonight was so pure and triumphant. I am so happy for her. I'll never doubt her again.

Absolute hell before the show! I went with my sister. Our train stopped a couple stops away from Yankee Stadium and we were all ordered out because trains couldn't go further because there was a fire being put out in the tunnels. It was a mass exodus of Madonna fans walking a mile in the dark pouring rain to the stadium. It was like a scene from a biblical film! :dramatic::lol: Then while walking there Miguel was texting me from the stadium about some goofup with his Golden Triangle entry. I was freaking out and almost crying :dramatic: thinking they wouldn't let me in. Once I got there I was nearly flipping out at the window as I explained myself. But it was all cleared up and we all got in. And Miguel was already in the triangle with his guest, but I didn't know because I couldn't get a signal there to contact him. Anyway, we all did get in.

556436_10151145314683908_1169331202_n.jpg

Once we were in and the show started, all that hell was over. It was like giving BIRTH. The pain was excrutiating but once my eyes laid upong that baby of a show playing in front of me, I was in LOVE and bliss. :dramatic:

By the way, miss condescending golden triangle lady at the window? I have your pen and you're not getting it back! :angry: The other triangle guy there was helpful. :)

We wore ponchos in there. It was really pouring early on. I barely took pics this time. At some points there was so much water coming down I didn't want to fuck up my camera. I thought to myself, I took like a 1000 pics at the 1st NYC show (many which came out quite nice), fuck it, I don't really need more. Anyway this time I was really watching the SHOW and all the other intricacies flowing in front of me. Watching this in the rain felt so wild and invigorating! I took my poncho off later in the show when the rain calmed down and danced and jumped like a maniac.

I moved around a lot in the triangle but Miguel was nearby me throughout the show. He was looking up at Madonna in complete AWE of her. He's in the green poncho below.

263857_10151145247543908_2067635132_n.jpg

It was so adorable and precious. He's never seen her that close and was really taking the show in! :inlove:

She worked that crowd and gave us NY sass. At this show I was especially mesmerized during Candy Shop/Erotica and Like A Virgin. Watching her writhe around on stage so confidently during CS was a marvel. I just can't get over it! One of her most sophisticated performances ever! I could see Brahim's bulge in his pants. :horny: Watching her perform LAV in the rain felt more sad and haunting. Wow, I would look up above her to the sky and back down and you'd see the stadium lights illuminating the rain pouring down on her while she lay on the stage or was having the corset tightened on her. It was such a deeply moving sight!

I was hoping she'd go off the script a bit and do something special for her 2nd NYC show. The crowd went nuts when she surprised us with Holiday. When she did that I knew this show was truly off the hook!

I'm mentally drained but the show was a fucking incredible experience. If you have the chance to see this tour and don't have tickets yet, go see it! Don't let this opportunity to see the greatest living legend doing what she does best pass you by!

Us after the show...

564433_10151145169673908_2030026073_n.jpg

216929_10151145285728908_945716863_n.jpg

That looks epic! The day she does a "GH" type of tour t's going to be amazing. The fact that she has teased us with just a few classics since girly show it's going to make it even more of an event. If the crowds go wild now for her to a theatrical show where they don't know much of the songs, imagine if she sang the hits!

i'm going to breakdown when I see her next weekend. I can barely contain myself watching these videos and reading the amazing reviews. She truly a remarkable woman and is at her absolute best on this tour. So happy for everyone who was able to experience Madonna history at Yankee Stadium.

Absolute hell before the show! I went with my sister. Our train stopped a couple stops away from Yankee Stadium and we were all ordered out because trains couldn't go further because there was a fire being put out in the tunnels. It was a mass exodus of Madonna fans walking a mile in the dark pouring rain to the stadium. It was like a scene from a biblical film! :dramatic::lol: Then while walking there Miguel was texting me from the stadium about some goofup with his Golden Triangle entry. I was freaking out and almost crying :dramatic: thinking they wouldn't let me in. Once I got there I was nearly flipping out at the window as I explained myself. But it was all cleared up and we all got in. And Miguel was already in the triangle with his guest, but I didn't know because I couldn't get a signal there to contact him. Anyway, we all did get in.

556436_10151145314683908_1169331202_n.jpg

Once we were in and the show started, all that hell was over. It was like giving BIRTH. The pain was excrutiating but once my eyes laid upong that baby of a show playing in front of me, I was in LOVE and bliss. :dramatic:

By the way, miss condescending golden triangle lady at the window? I have your pen and you're not getting it back! :angry: The other triangle guy there was helpful. :)

We wore ponchos in there. It was really pouring early on. I barely took pics this time. At some points there was so much water coming down I didn't want to fuck up my camera. I thought to myself, I took like a 1000 pics at the 1st NYC show (many which came out quite nice), fuck it, I don't really need more. Anyway this time I was really watching the SHOW and all the other intricacies flowing in front of me. Watching this in the rain felt so wild and invigorating! I took my poncho off later in the show when the rain calmed down and danced and jumped like a maniac.

I moved around a lot in the triangle but Miguel was nearby me throughout the show. He was looking up at Madonna in complete AWE of her. He's in the green poncho below.

263857_10151145247543908_2067635132_n.jpg

It was so adorable and precious. He's never seen her that close and was really taking the show in! :inlove:

She worked that crowd and gave us NY sass. At this show I was especially mesmerized during Candy Shop/Erotica and Like A Virgin. Watching her writhe around on stage so confidently during CS was a marvel. I just can't get over it! One of her most sophisticated performances ever! I could see Brahim's bulge in his pants. :horny: Watching her perform LAV in the rain felt more sad and haunting. Wow, I would look up above her to the sky and back down and you'd see the stadium lights illuminating the rain pouring down on her while she lay on the stage or was having the corset tightened on her. It was such a deeply moving sight!

I was hoping she'd go off the script a bit and do something special for her 2nd NYC show. The crowd went nuts when she surprised us with Holiday. When she did that I knew this show was truly off the hook!

I'm mentally drained but the show was a fucking incredible experience. If you have the chance to see this tour and don't have tickets yet, go see it! Don't let this opportunity to see the greatest living legend doing what she does best pass you by!

Us after the show...

564433_10151145169673908_2030026073_n.jpg

216929_10151145285728908_945716863_n.jpg

:iloveyou: you're all so damn cute and sexy (and i love your golden shower bracelets).

OMG! Miguel sporting a rain poncho like the Hiltons :inlove:

For those of you who don't know what rain ponchos are... this is what they look like:

festival-rain-poncho.jpg

Rain_poncho-pe-%20blue-600x450.jpg

Rain+poncho+LEIRIA+CLEAR,LA51026_8.jpg

That looks epic! The day she does a "GH" type of tour t's going to be amazing. The fact that she has teased us with just a few classics since girly show it's going to make it even more of an event. If the crowds go wild now for her to a theatrical show where they don't know much of the songs, imagine if she sang the hits!

Rest assured, MADONNA's FAREWELL TOUR, if she ever do one ANNOUNCED, can easily be the TOP GROSSING TOUR EVER...

Wow sounds like it was a fantastic show, to have her performing Holiday as a thank you should'vee been amazing. Glad to hear you had a blast, Hector (and Miguel!). And of course any other MNation fans who attended (I only read the last page :$)

Thanks Hector for both reviews. I'm so jealous that you all got to sing one extra classic from M in the rain! That's totally something impromptu and special!

Finally got to see miguel (in the photo at least!) can't wait to see your mdna documentary. That was one hell of a show, but she din't back down. She even gave her fans more. What a spirit!!!! See you again M @ MSG!