AUSDONNA!!!! - Aussie Fan Thread

Guest CUBB

Carta, I was a member of Icon and used to love getting those magazines in the post. Then when the expiry date on my card was reached, I wrote to them with the new expiry date but they never got back to me and just stopped my membership. I tried calling them on the international number but could never get through. So have not been a member of Icon for ages.

That sucks :( I had problems with them when they changed management and they could find no record of my subscription payment, but they eventually agreed to continue it when I provided proof of payment. It was a rigmarole, though.

Image if everyone got into the stadium, the lights dim, a big screen lowers and The Girlie Show:Live From Down Under starts!

:lmao:

Actually, I've heard that she's only touring markets she hasn't visited in the past two decades, so no USA or UK dates at all! :p

I have a terror washing over me - after 21 years I'm a bit stressed that if she does come, I won't get a ticket near the front or it will sell out etc I haven't had to buy Madonna tickets ever as for The Girlie Show my contact at Warner got me tickets which I paid for so yep if she announces a tour I will stress out for months.....and then worry that she'll cancel or I'll die or something lol

Hey. Your dream might finally come true. :)

I know for sure that tickets will go on sale when I'm teaching, so I won't have a hope in hell of getting anything decent :( It's not as though I can tell my students to amuse themselves while I down tools and attempt to buy concert tickets! Well, I could, but it wouldn't exactly be ethical, nor would getting all of them to attempt to get tickets for me on their laptops/iPads/tablets simultaneously and then grabbing whichever tickets are the best amongst them.....hmmmm......um.....no, definitely couldn't do that! :) I adore Madonna, but I kind of value my job, too :)

So, how many amongst us will be downing tools at work/skipping work to get tickets? I can't (unless I have a free period), but I can see most people being able to do so, unless they're in a meeting or something like that (or a nurse, or a teacher, or something else that doesn't really allow flexibility).

That sucks :( I had problems with them when they changed management and they could find no record of my subscription payment, but they eventually agreed to continue it when I provided proof of payment. It was a rigmarole, though.

Sorry butting in from the UK but that happened here too. I was a member for a decade but with the last tour they couldn't find me.

i would call in sick to work for a day to buy madonna tickets.

the day she cancelled australia i didn't even go to class haha

I know for sure that tickets will go on sale when I'm teaching, so I won't have a hope in hell of getting anything decent :( It's not as though I can tell my students to amuse themselves while I down tools and attempt to buy concert tickets! Well, I could, but it wouldn't exactly be ethical, nor would getting all of them to attempt to get tickets for me on their laptops/iPads/tablets simultaneously and then grabbing whichever tickets are the best amongst them.....hmmmm......um.....no, definitely couldn't do that! :) I adore Madonna, but I kind of value my job, too :)

So, how many amongst us will be downing tools at work/skipping work to get tickets? I can't (unless I have a free period), but I can see most people being able to do so, unless they're in a meeting or something like that (or a nurse, or a teacher, or something else that doesn't really allow flexibility).

Pull a sickie! If you know tickets will go on sale the next day, act really sick at work a day before. Throw up! Lol!!!!

Image if everyone got into the stadium, the lights dim, a big screen lowers and The Girlie Show:Live From Down Under starts!

:lmao:

:dead:

Whatever happened to CUBB? Is anyone in contact with him?

At MadonnaTribe, there's a claim now that MDNA didn't come to Australia because Live Nation couldn't sort out all of the details, so it fell through. This is the first time I've heard even a whisper about it being anything other than Madonna's choice not to come here. If it's true, and Live Nation dropped the ball, then that makes me concerned for next year, since it's a 100% Live Nation enterprise, with no outside promoters involved....so if they couldn't make it happen last time, what are they going to do differently this time?

Having said that, I actually still believe that Madonna pulled the plug. It doesn't make sense that one of the biggest tour promoters in the world wasn't able to organise an eight-date visit to Australia by one of the biggest stars in history, especially when that star has an exclusive 360 deal with that company. The dates were set. The venues were booked. What did they do? Forget to book the planes to fly the stage here from South America? :ohmy:

The big stumbling block next year is the U2 tour. There's no way in the world Guy will want to miss attending either tour, although he's been extremely quiet of late on the Madonna front....maybe she's moving on....?