AUSDONNA!!!! - Aussie Fan Thread

Guest CUBB

you will not regret it CJM!! Seeing Madonna live is a life changing experience I'm not joking :dramatic:

I was lucky enough to see Madonna at the Girlie Show at the MCG. Salman is right. It is still the best concert I have been too and I was up in the nosebleed seats. You just really know you are seeing a true superstar and the atmosphere is electric. Have a great time San. Keep tweeting Guy for golden triangle tickets. You deserve them. CJM, if you can, go and have a great time.

Edited by jazzyjan

Found cheap flights to LA but only if i stay for 13 days! Can't afford accom for that long, would be by myself bored and scared for most of it

Could wait longer, save up extra $$ and go to MSG, tickets are sold out and the ones on stubhub are so expensive, would still be by myself

Mexico City has awesome VIP tickets right in front of the stage for cheap as chips, but flights are expensive. besides what would I do in mexico by myself for a week?? get lost? urgh

i hate you, madonna

edit: and i'm fucking pissed off, last night my ex said he would come with me. i decided on going to the last miami show, then going to orlando to visit theme parks, then to NY for awhile. had it all worked out and it was going to be worth the money flying over. then this morning he says no. fuck head.

It sucks Carly! I couldn't get a frequent flyer seat coming home either unless I stayed for that long. What is it with that? Maybe they think it is for business purposes otherwise....Anyway...keep searching. Apparently a price war will begin soonish...what that actually mean, WTF knows. People keep saying. Something About Virgin Atlantic??

And as per always...EX BF is a giant douche :tongue:

It sucks Carly! I couldn't get a frequent flyer seat coming home either unless I stayed for that long. What is it with that? Maybe they think it is for business purposes otherwise....Anyway...keep searching. Apparently a price war will begin soonish...what that actually mean, WTF knows. People keep saying. Something About Virgin Atlantic??

And as per always...EX BF is a giant douche :tongue:

he is! and I don't know, I give up haha. It's all too much planning for me, I have no idea what I'm doing tbh

just in case some crazy sale comes on and I decide to go, what types of things do I need to prepare for going to the states, ie visa's etc.

I'd need $6000-$8000 of my savings to see the show at this point, most of that flights and accomodation. That's what alot of lucky fans in Europe don't seem to get, it's a massive effort to get to a M show so when she fucks us over, she really does.

I'm not passionate about the show especially the setlist and new arragements (eg. Hung Up) so I'm not spending thousands to see it but am getting the merchandise. Instead, I'm going to a stack of festivals, flying to Ayers Rock in November, I have a new laptop and PT and I'm getting a new car early next year.

My gut feeling is the next tour is will be better so I'm heading to London for that one and if she finally does bring the "greatest show on earth" to Australia which is evidently not the current tour, I'll go to every city.

he is! and I don't know, I give up haha. It's all too much planning for me, I have no idea what I'm doing tbh

just in case some crazy sale comes on and I decide to go, what types of things do I need to prepare for going to the states, ie visa's etc.

We have a VISA waver agreement with the US; all you have to do is get your plane tickets first, then fill out this form online and pay $15 at least 72 hours before leaving. That's it :)

We have a VISA waver agreement with the US; all you have to do is get your plane tickets first, then fill out this form online and pay $15 at least 72 hours before leaving. That's it :)

excellent

Fill out a form and pay $15....? Since when...?! I don't remember doing that at all, which has me slightly worried now...! :(

Carly - try expedia.com or webjet.com for airfares. You can find some truly brilliant deals there. Also, a friend of mine going to all of the South American shows. I'm sure he'd be happy to take you under his wing.

I know I keep rabbiting on about this, by MDNA is her best show. Several Americans have been quite surprised at how much more impressed by it they've been when they've seen it live, as opposed to videos on Youtube. The clips don't do it justice. I enjoy watching them, but it's not the same as seeing it in person. Since she's always trying to outdo herself, it's no surprise that she thinks a future tour will be her "best" - she wouldn't bother touring if she didn't think she could bring something more to the table. We all know that :)

Guest bluejean

It's way more expensive to fly to South America than the US though.

Surely some fan/s in LA can set her up. I would totally do that for someone off here (if I lived there I mean) just don't turn out to be a weirdo. But you can sort of tell what someone is like from reading their posts. Nut jobs are easy to spot even online :lol:

Thanks everyone. Everytime I watch a YouTube of the opening I tear up. Imagine if I saw it live- I'd probably be a screaming blabbing mess! I think I would actually nearly faint if I saw the queen in front of me descending with that gun in hand. Oh my god.

I can get flights for $1500, a decent ticket for between $300-$500. It's just the accommodation for a week and being in a foreign place pretty much alone! If my best friend can meet me there from London I will give it more thought. I wouldn't normally hesitate but I am already saving to go to the states early next year, so it just feels like I'd be wasting precious money going somewhere I am already planning to go. Then again it is Madonna and I have never seen her so I don't know....

I was really counting on a second leg. I could slap her for doing this to us. We could have all gone and seen her in Europe or properly organized trips etc. grrrrrr.

:o I just saw another MSG show has been added. This is very tempting now. Someone come with me!!

Ive travelled a lot by myself and always found it more enjoyable then travelling with others. Put one foot in front of the other and go on your own you'll be fine

I understand your fears, Carly. Given your age, I can imagine your parents aren't the least bit happy about your travelling by yourself. I've known girls around your age who have travelled by themselves, but I've always worried about them until they've arrived home. Yes, I'm paranoid! Having said that, if we can find someone in LA who can look after you, then I say go for it!

When I went to see Confessions in New York, I helped out a guy who was travelling by himself for the first time (he was from Melbourne). He'd never been overseas before, so arriving in New York was a pretty big deal for him. We knew each other through the Icon forums and he appreciated the fact that he had someone to touch base with while he was in New York. The friend I mentioned above also took him under his wing and between the two of us, we made she he was OK. That Madonna community is a strong one!

Who do we know in LA? If you're going to be there for the same shows as San, you could always stay in the same hotel. If it's New York, surely there are well-known forum members who could help you out....?

Is LA like, really close to Australia?

Just in case you're actually being serious, I'll answer:

No. It's a 14-hour flight away from the east coast of Australia. It's the closest Madonna will come to Australian soil during this tour, though....

I don't think I could manage living that far away from everything. San, your company needs to invent some kind of Eco friendly light speed transport. :D Then you could see Madonna wherever you wanted to.

I don't think I could manage living that far away from everything. San, your company needs to invent some kind of Eco friendly light speed transport. :D Then you could see Madonna wherever you wanted to.

Are you going to the states to see M? Or am i thinking of someone else? Meet me and Take me under your wing GU! :dramatic:

Is it worth spending thousands to go see one Madonna show and come home haha. This is the question i keep asking myself every day haha

Carta :inlove:

Haha my parents ARE unimpressed! More so about the money than sending me off on my own :lol: mum just keeps calling Madonna a bitch! I have left Melbourne like once, I went to Thailand with my bf but he did everything. I couldn't even go to another state alone without being paranoid. My dad used to be a cop so i have it drilled in my brain I am going to get raped, kidnapped or murdered wherever I go hahahah

I've spent thousands to see two shows. A friend of mine always plans to see at least two shows in case she cancels a show for some reason and he ends up missing out completely. She rarely cancels a show once the tour has actually started, but if she did, it's unlikely she'd cancel two. If you're going to NYC in November, plan to see both shows if possible.

I understand your dad's fears...!!! In fact, I'm officially banning you from going unless you either have someone with you or we organise a band of Madonnanationers to look after you while you're away! I'd ban San, too, if she were going alone. The fact that I travel by myself all the time is irrelevant - I'm not a target for the criminal element! I don't let my mum or my sister-in-law go anywhere at night by themselves.

So, we have to keep working on finding a solution for you (if you really want to go and can make it happen!) :thumbsup:

Next year I will regret spending all this money but if I don't I will regret not going for the rest of my life, right? If GU or someone else goes then ill do it. Still waiting to hear if my best friend can meet me there. Fingers crossed!

Thanks everyone for your advice and well wishes!

Are you going to the states to see M? Or am i thinking of someone else? Meet me and Take me under your wing GU! :dramatic:

Is it worth spending thousands to go see one Madonna show and come home haha. This is the question i keep asking myself every day haha

I want you to know one thing.

I like to live...dangerously.