Boston, TD Garden, September 4

Louise Oriole

ANOTHER SET OF PROFOUND ELOQUENT VALUABLE POSTS FROM TOUR2000L8 :rolleyes:

:rotfl: but is it serious or WTF. Around here sometimes the sarcasm gets so dilute :lol:

I just left the show! It was amazing! The only part that I was pissed off about was some dumbfuck right next to us heckling Madonna during LAV. It sounded like he was yelling "Romney!!" over and over a few times. It totally killed the mood and pissed a lot of people off. If anyone knows him, or saw him, I'd like his address! ;-) lol! He looked like some cosmetics counter queen, he had eyebrows like Spock and face fillers galore.

I just left the show! It was amazing! The only part that I was pissed off about was some dumbfuck right next to us heckling Madonna during LAV. It sounded like he was yelling "Romney!!" over and over a few times. It totally killed the mood and pissed a lot of people off. If anyone knows him, or saw him, I'd like his address! ;-) lol! He looked like some cosmetics counter queen, he had eyebrows like Spock and face fillers galore.

Nasty! You should have punched him in the mouf!

Glad you loved the show. Next up: Dallas, yes? :) I'll be there! YES!

Nasty! You should have punched him in the mouf!

Glad you loved the show. Next up: Dallas, yes? :) I'll be there! YES!

Yes, both Dallas shows and I just bought a VIP rows 2-10 ticket for Houston on the 25th of Oct. ;-)

My sister and I were seriously about to tag team him. My boyfriend wasn't quite as homicidal, but he was annoyed nonetheless!

Madonna is the mother of reinvention.

But she is also a literal mother — a pop star with four kids, two ex-husbands and 54 years under her “Boy Toy” belt.

Last night at her sold-out TD Garden show, Madonna did her best to hide her matronly, twice-as-old-as-Lady-Gaga side. Any undesirable lumps on her still-stunning body were mostly squeezed inside corset-tight costumes. Her never-that-good-to-begin-with voice boosted by a bank of computers. The songs from average new album “MDNA” chased European dance fads that aren’t that interesting.

Madonna should be a little less fearful of getting old, or being perceived as getting old. After all, it’s experience that makes a spectacle like last night’s show so dazzling at times — Gaga and Katy Perry try, but Madonna still tops them. As songs, the “MDNA” material isn’t up to “Like a Prayer,” or even “Ray of Light.” But with videos walls, rising and falling columns pulsing with light, half a dozen costume changes and two dozen dancers, the average can be made momentarily awesome.

After some creepy, cool religious mumbo jumbo, chanting and smoke, the music gathered into the thump of “Girl Gone Wild.” This track can get skipped on the iPod, but last night the opening energy of the song and the glowing, whirling circus around it made the crowd of diehards feel like Madonna virgins.

Not every song can be transformed by million-dollar production — “Gang Bang” was twice as lousy filled with Robert Rodriguez-style grotesque-yet-boring violence. But most of new songs got some extra special attention that elevated them. Maybe too much attention.

A few songs from her first decade often seemed like afterthoughts. “Papa Don’t Preach” never bloomed. The sound on “Express Yourself” managed to be both muddy and thin (although the addition of a few bars of “Born This Way” was clever). “Open Your Heart” had an intimate arrangement but Madonna’s voice struggled without big pop framing.

During two moments, it all came together. The relatively stripped-down, straight-forward choreography of “Vogue” — thankfully no tinkering with the melody — was classy, classic and totally rad. “Like a Prayer” was as it needed to be: winding down the two-hour show with the army of dancers in church robes pushing the joyous singalong.

Madonna desperately doesn’t want to be perceived as a nostalgia act. But it’s her impressive back catalog, iconic images, and three-decade history with fans that makes her so amazing. At the end of her career, maybe she should do a little less reinventing and a little more rehashing.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/entertainment/guestlisted/index.php/2012/09/04/material-girl-gone-wild-madonna-at-the-td-garden/

Posted on Madonnalicious

I have no words. I was (basically) front row, center. Madonna looked in my eyes at least five or six times. And during the speech she mentioned that it's okay to be gay and I dramatically motioned to myself and several dancers laughed. The energy in the arena was AMAZING. I had no clue Boston crowds were this great/Madonna enjoys them so much. She mentioned never missing Boston on any of her tours, mentioned how it was an educational enclave in the US (which was awesome considering I just started college here two days ago) and had everyone give Kevin Antunes a big hand since he was a local. Loved the show as a whole. The entire first segment is just AMAZING. I liked Hung Up more than I expected I would. I Don't Give A gave me chills. Vogue and Express Yourself sound amazing. The last segment is so much better than I thought I'd be. I'm A Sinner was a highlight, Like a Prayer sounds a million times better live than what I'd heard recorded and I've never danced harder than during Celebration. She is just amazing. And the show literally felt 10 minutes long. It just flew by!

Talked with Guy Oseary. What a wannabe-celebrity! He did take my picture but was totally nonchalant. We talked for maybe thirty seconds and I think we made eye contact once! Compare that to Monte Pittman who also came into the pit and had full conversations with people around us. And Monte at least contributes musically to the tour!

But regardless, Boston was amazing. The pit is stellar. Front row is a religious experience. Madonna's eyes are the most gorgeous things on earth. What a night!

The energy was better than Philly by far! It was incredible and sitting in loge 12 row 3 on the aisle seat was better then being in the PIT IMHO...

Words can't describe...

It was worth the 4 1/2 hour bus ride to and from. I'm still reeling from excitement.

She knocked it out of the water. I think people really enjoyed the last section, surprisingly even Celebration moreso then in Philly.

She's getting that she needs to force people to sing a long to Open Your Heart by mentioning, "remember this song? See if you remember the lyrics..." and I'm a sinner, "now the next time the chorus comes around I want everyone singing it!!!"

She knows that Like A Virgin (still a stunning performance to me) drags a bit for those that aren't expecting such a slow theatrical rendition so she's changing it up by giving the PIT more attention and by throwing her leg up on the piano before leaning backwards towards the audience. Everything else was pretty much the same and she was sublime throughout.

Hung Up, is a grower and the performance fits nicely and is fast so before you know it, you're being thrown for a loop when she comes out looking fiercer then ever for I Don't Give A in those heels! She was late coming back to the mic after Nicki's rap but I didn't notice the backing track (they probably sorted that out that if she's not there on time to cut the vocal!)

Oh and I keep seeing kids...really young kids. This is new for me. Maybe M is still trying to stay relevant with her younger crowd! :lol:

Something WAS wrong right in the beginning of Revolver...like something on her outfit was loose and tech guys were walking with her holding onto her waist when she made her "what's up Boston? Are you ready for the MDNA show?" intro...

The fight scene in Gang Bng keeps getting better and better..more on point and I noticed many of the straight men in the audience thoroughly enjoying the first segment (they probably thought they were watching Kill Bill Madonna style!)

I noticed a few people leave during I'm a Sinner (maybe 5-7) but it was considerably late so maybe that's what it was...or maybe they were just tired of waiting for a hit. There loss since Like a Prayer was right around the corner. Everyone went crazy during LAP.

On a side note, I met seem guy with his best friends and his sister who were all wearing these self-made revolver shirts and thIs PIT girl came in front of me and asked them if they wanted to go in under the condition that they stay in...they asked me my opinion and I told them they should stay...

I asked her how she got her job and she said "luck"... and I also asked her about getting PIT for NYC and she said it was nearly impossible unless you already got them by now. So anyone with NYC PIT, consider yourselves lucky! Everyone had already said that NYC would be crazy for that kind of thing but this was pretty much confirmation of that. Anyway I'm going to sleep. Tomorrow's another MDNA-filled night for me and I can't get enough! Goodnight!

Posted on Madonnalicious

I have no words. I was (basically) front row, center. Madonna looked in my eyes at least five or six times. And during the speech she mentioned that it's okay to be gay and I dramatically motioned to myself and several dancers laughed. The energy in the arena was AMAZING. I had no clue Boston crowds were this great/Madonna enjoys them so much. She mentioned never missing Boston on any of her tours, mentioned how it was an educational enclave in the US (which was awesome considering I just started college here two days ago) and had everyone give Kevin Antunes a big hand since he was a local. Loved the show as a whole. The entire first segment is just AMAZING. I liked Hung Up more than I expected I would. I Don't Give A gave me chills. Vogue and Express Yourself sound amazing. The last segment is so much better than I thought I'd be. I'm A Sinner was a highlight, Like a Prayer sounds a million times better live than what I'd heard recorded and I've never danced harder than during Celebration. She is just amazing. And the show literally felt 10 minutes long. It just flew by!

Talked with Guy Oseary. What a wannabe-celebrity! He did take my picture but was totally nonchalant. We talked for maybe thirty seconds and I think we made eye contact once! Compare that to Monte Pittman who also came into the pit and had full conversations with people around us. And Monte at least contributes musically to the tour!

But regardless, Boston was amazing. The pit is stellar. Front row is a religious experience. Madonna's eyes are the most gorgeous things on earth. What a night!

love this review!!!

Guest Fukujima

Madonna's eyes are the most gorgeous things on earth. What a night!

This. when she came in front of me during Revolver in London i was just blown away by how amazing her eyes are. She's like a living porcelain doll :inlove:

wow they sold tickets from the back of the stage!!!

yeah, i thought it was a weird angle on video... wow... they really milked this date... people would really buy seats even if it's shitty just to see MADONNA

Guest pedrohdi

Great reviews in the USA! I'm surprised, but she really deserves it! The show is the best in years! Don´t know what the fuck happened in Europe... Well not all Europe, but most of the press in Europe!

love these clips of Vogue...hadnt watched any until now...was trying to hold off and be surprised but couldnt do it....one question though...does Vogue end right after the rap at the end...or is there more? she goes up the steps and its seems to end...or does it go on a bit more like the original version?

love these clips of Vogue...hadnt watched any until now...was trying to hold off and be surprised but couldnt do it....one question though...does Vogue end right after the rap at the end...or is there more? she goes up the steps and its seems to end...or does it go on a bit more like the original version?

It ends right there and she performs Candy Shop immediately.