The DVD

Guest bluejean

This will be the best official recording of a M tour. I know it!

My pants are all wet already.

I hope!

The editing on CT was fantastic, I don't care about the over editing and use of video overlays, but it captured each performance perfectly, and used the right angles at the right moments. Jonas did a fantastic job, the opening was done perfectly. But I think I love the work on the Paris footage used in IGTTYAS even more. It was gorgeous.

The Virgin Tour still goes down as my 2nd fav. It was shot on some beautiful film, the quality i just gorgeous. Madonna looks like she's glowing throughout the whole show.

The guys from the Olympia gig are editing this DVD so i'm not expecting much since i felt disappointed with their directors cut... i hope i'm wrong though, but this tour has too many iconic moments going on the stage and i'm afraid they will miss something important to highlight the screens...

The guys from the Olympia gig are editing this DVD so i'm not expecting much since i felt disappointed with their directors cut... i hope i'm wrong though, but this tour has too many iconic moments going on the stage and i'm afraid they will miss something important to highlight the screens...

Ugh I hope not. Maybe that's why they lit the arena up so much, cos they're planning to put that horrible dark gauze over the image in post production. Not to mention the hilariously obvious lack of close-ups a la sticky & sweet - should anyone *gasp* see a wrinkle or two.

I'm worried with the edition of Like a Virgin/Love Spent. They can't fuck up any single second of it. I already lost it at the live show (she didn't perfomed in the show I went), I want it at least perfect on DVD

I hear you. Sometimes the simplest numbers are the hardest to get right.

What did happen to that GMAYL fan-recorded video??? I guess it will be a DVD extra.

I actually hope there are more wide shots of the whole stage, especially during big numbers like Vogue, Express Yourself, LAP.

MDNA was so cinematic in scale, that doing too many close-ups ala Confessions ... at least for me ... won't work. You'd just miss out on too much.

Don't get me wrong, I love the close-ups...but one of my personal pet peeves with Madonna's filmed concerts is that there is often too many close-ups, and I feel you miss out on the scale and feel of certain numbers, and what's going on on the whole stage. Maybe because I'm into design, I like to see the bigger picture sometimes.

As for Sticky and Sweet, I actually love that they showed the audience. Blacking them out too much looses out on the scale of the audiences at M's shows, and the live feel (though I understand sometimes it's a necessity if the audience sucks).

I guess it depends on what kind of 'feel' they want to give off for the concert film - a more stylized music video/movie feel ala Confessions or IGTTYAS (which I do love, and works for that show)...or that high energy, loud live concert vibe ala Sand S and Girlie Show (my favorite).

MDNA is so big I think it needs that bigger, live feel...with certain performances getting the more stylized effect.

Edited by VogueMusic

I'm really grateful they filmed the dvd, but I'm still confused about why they made the choice for Miami. Like people have been saying on this forum for a while- the crowd was leaving early for the recorded show due to the late start time, and during the first night people were booing before she came on.

I saw a few weeks back on the ticket master site, dozens of horrible reviews for the Miami concert when I know it must of have been amazing. It seems like a significant number of people were so pissed about the late start time, that they were not able to enjoy the fucking show. The excessive violence, dark themes, and lack of hits probably made some people feel really disappointed and angry.

I look forward to the day when she downsizes the venues, and she starts playing smaller spaces. I hope she becomes less concerned about making as much money as possible from touring, but I think she is too shrewd and materialistic to do that.

Maybye, just MAYBE, it was better for them to film it at such a boring, empty place so that people wouldn't be as bothered by all the cameras?

Guest bluejean

Maybye, just MAYBE, it was better for them to film it at such a boring, empty place so that people wouldn't be as bothered by all the cameras?

Or maybe not :lol:

I think it's going to be heavily edited simply due to the crowd factor alone. I am really interested to see how LAP and Celebration are going to look, it was when the lights went up over the crowd that I realized how the place had emptied out (standing in the GT you get a good 360 view of what Madonna sees)....my friend was like, "yeah, people have been leaving in groups for a while now..."....it wouldn't be such an issue if LAP and Celebration weren't audience reactive songs. They planted fans from the GT for the "singalong"....only one fan was spontaneous....I guess they wanted to ensure that there were no dumbfounded people staring back at M instead of singing on the DVD.

As long as they stay close to the stage and the GT, it will be okay, just don't pan over the empty sides.....

There were technical issues the first night, that's why she had to start really late.

Also, they did additional filming during one of the South American gigs, so there must of been some kind of mishap in the Miami recordings or needed to capture additional angles.