The DVD

Guest bluejean

She used to be around for previous edits....concerts, music videos. She was always far more involved with the editing of her work than most artists. She had her own input on angles and shots, etc. It is her show being immortalized forever, she should ensure that the editing is at it's best. The MDNA DVD will be far more important to her legacy than whatever forgettable script she may be writing.....

Besides CT her dvds were nothing that great , and we still have Many tours without oficial recordings

Latest rumor floating on FB is that the DVD is complete and M sent it back into editing with a list of changes she wants made.....seems like just a rumor. What is she doing anyway? She should be in the editing room herself this time around.

When was the last time she was in the editing room for a tour DVD (not counting a documentary)? I don't ever remember this happening.

She always sent notes to the editors over changes that should be made. She always has and always will have a hand in the editing process.

She's even behind the angles and shots used in the screen footage that's shown in the live shows.

If she has asked changes thats good. It means the show will be her solid vision.

If they missed the strike a pose i bet she would put on that list :lol:

If there won't be a press release in the next couple of days, I doubt that they'll release the DVD next month.

Not that it is entirely relevant, but S&S's DVD was announced on January 12, 2010 on Madonna.com. The DVD wasn't released until March 30.

Guest bluejean

She used to be around for previous edits....concerts, music videos. She was always far more involved with the editing of her work than most artists. She had her own input on angles and shots, etc. It is her show being immortalized forever, she should ensure that the editing is at it's best. The MDNA DVD will be far more important to her legacy than whatever forgettable script she may be writing.....

It's doubtful Madonna ever sat through the entire editing process of one of her concerts. She probably just watched the rough edit in the editing room and nitpicked at all the parts she wanted changed. Pretty much the same as watching it and sending over notes. It was different in 1993, she had to go into the editing room wheras nowadays they can just send it to her online. So I don't think her input is any different now than what it was back then.

Shitty & Sweet was different by the sounds of it but she was busy and I suspect she'd care more about this show than that one. It's alot more artistic.

I agree with everything you said, bluejean!

I'm a video editor and to edit a two hour show, even poorly done as S&S, takes days!

An edit like Confessions tour, which is amazingly done by the way, months!

And I agree that MDNA tour is much more artistic and there's a lot more to do visually speaking!

We just have to hope that whoever is editing it is as talented as the one that edited Confessions and can present to Madonna an already great first cut which she can add her touch.

I hope it's someone from moment factory.

I'm love with their work! And those backdrops are pure art!

When I saw Gang Bang, Nobody knows me and Celebration live I almost cried, It's just astonishing!!

Past doesent reflect today. You cant compare it with S&S.

I am just saying we got the news 2 and half months before the release. I doubt the MDNA tour DVD is coming out in mid-March.

Well with guy untraditional staff everything is possible. I could imagine they will make promo video and put it out just one week before dvd is out. And this project could pop out without some leaks one day from nowhere.

Well with guy untraditional staff everything is possible. I could imagine they will make promo video and put it out just one week before dvd is out. And this project could pop out without some leaks one day from nowhere.

Well, you believe whatever you want. There are real world issues like manufacturing and shipping the DVD to retailers. That shit has to be planned and happen over a period of weeks - and usually we get the news a few months before a release date.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about TV air dates before we get the DVD. They make millions off of it selling it to different channels worldwide. All of her tours so far have aired in some fashion before the DVD was ever even put out.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about TV air dates before we get the DVD. They make millions off of it selling it to different channels worldwide. All of her tours so far have aired in some fashion before the DVD was ever even put out.

I remember reading something about this too. I guess it was that Forbes article. She gets 5 mi or so for the tv rights. I think that's the major reason she films her shows to begin with....

Ok..so in march maybe we get it on tv and then i ll be able to download it by tortent and peacefully wait till may when it is out.

If they re gonna sell it for tv broadcast then there s no need to have some leaks two months earlier.

One or two weeks before some tv put out comercial. That would please me for march. :D

When was the last time she was in the editing room for a tour DVD (not counting a documentary)? I don't ever remember this happening.

She always sent notes to the editors over changes that should be made. She always has and always will have a hand in the editing process.

She's even behind the angles and shots used in the screen footage that's shown in the live shows.

She admitted to having nothing to do w/ the S&S DVD.....

Perhaps I am thinking of the documentaries and music videos which, in many cases, she was directly present during the editing process.

I just hope she really in involved this time around and doesn't leave her MDNA Tour masterpiece in JUST the hands of the editors.

I doubt TV is going to happen. That probably would have happened before the end of last year. I think we're just getting a DVD and that's it.

What on Earth would make you say that? Both Confessions and S&S aired well after their tours ended.

Guest bluejean

Perhaps I am thinking of the documentaries and music videos which, in many cases, she was directly present during the editing process.

I just hope she really in involved this time around and doesn't leave her MDNA Tour masterpiece in JUST the hands of the editors.

In what case do we know about that she sat through the entire editing of a music video? I'm not saying she didn't but I haven't heard of her doing that so would be interested to know where you heard that. The only music related project I heard of her being heavily involved in the editing (as in sitting in on editing sessions) was I'm Going To Tell You A Secret.

Kurt Loder asks her about it (visiting the post-production room) in MTV's No Bull: The Making of Take a Bow.

Skip to around 7:20:

She was also in the editing room with Alek K for Truth or Dare.

Kurt Loder asks her about it (visiting the post-production room) in MTV's No Bull: The Making of Take a Bow. (I will look up the clip later)....

She was also in the editing room with Alek K for Truth or Dare.

I think Mark Romanek also once said that Madonna came to the editing suite for either "Rain" or "Bedtime Story." Considering her control freak nature, I think it is more likely she is involved than not. However, she did admit she had little to do with S&S's final DVD product which I found surprising. I guess now that she has 4 kids, she has less time for providing input. I am sure someone still sends her the edited version via electronic means and she signs off on it. I can't believe she doesn't see the final product at all.

I was thinking about the Japan leg of Confessions these days and a huge doubt came: how she looks in LIVE TO TELL with this hair? I looked for pictures but found nothing,does anyone have ittttt?

I don't believe she wore the wig for the entire show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpHNxVlj4ck