Icon Golden Triangle Question

Confessions92

So I have a question... I want to enter the Golden Triangle contest for my city, but how does Icon know that I bought the live pass just by looking at my Icon username? I can't find anywhere on my Icon account that says I purchased one, just that I am a "member." I can't get the forums on there to work for me either, it always come up as "error." :(

The contest says that is open for Legacy, Live Pass and Classic members of Icon. I signed up for a normal account and in my account information it says i'm "classic member"..i never bought anything though...if you bought a Live Pass to purchase a ticket you should automatically be eligible i think

They allocate half of the available tickets to Legacy Members and the other half to Live Pass and Classic members. They have a database of who has what type of membership.

I have to say that they're handling the Golden Triangle in the US a lot better than they did in Europe. This way, the GT is going to be filled with people who are so into her that they've gone to the trouble of joining her fan club or purchasing their tickets through them. In Europe, people who didn't even know that the GT existed and were strolling up to the queue at the last minute were winning the lottery and getting in over people who had lined up for 12 hours to secure the best spot possible.

Jonathan - send a message to Johann through the members page and let him know that you can't log on. He'll fix it for you. He did that for me and several others here when we were having the same problem. Good luck with the contest! Being in the GT was the most amazing concert experience of my life!

Guest Not4Pussies

The contest says that is open for Legacy, Live Pass and Classic members of Icon. I signed up for a normal account and in my account information it says i'm "classic member"..i never bought anything though...if you bought a Live Pass to purchase a ticket you should automatically be eligible i think

where exactly does it say what type of account do i have with iCON. ive been a member since 1999 but never renewed after Confessions.

i log on, go to my account and it doesnt say what type of member i am.

Someone explain to me, how do you get golden triangle tickets apart from the iPad lottery (do they still do that in the states?) or asslicking guy on twitter, like the whole icon thing is very confusing. Hopefully on the next tour I'll actually have a chance of getting in the GT, if there is one that is.

where exactly does it say what type of account do i have with iCON. ive been a member since 1999 but never renewed after Confessions.

i log on, go to my account and it doesnt say what type of member i am.

Should be on right-hand side under Your User Information.

Someone explain to me, how do you get golden triangle tickets apart from the iPad lottery (do they still do that in the states?) or asslicking guy on twitter, like the whole icon thing is very confusing. Hopefully on the next tour I'll actually have a chance of getting in the GT, if there is one that is.

The iPad lottery ended with the European leg of the tour (unless there's a US date with general admission....?). As almost all of the venues in the US are allocated seating, no one is lining up for hours on end to get the best position, so there's no need for the iPad lottery. Guy has been giving away random pairs of GT passes for a while, and I think Ticketmaster gave some away, too. Other than that, though, the only way of getting in is to win the Icon contest (unless you're ridiculously lucky on the night and Guy likes you/feels sorry for you!). They're giving away around 100 pairs per show to Icon members. In Europe, they generally only gave away 10 pairs per show to Iconers, with the bulk of the rest being allocated via the lottery.

I have a ticket for the Oct 10th concert in Los Angeles, but part of the rules for the Icon Contest says: - Both contest entrant and his/her guest must already have a valid ticket .

I do not have 2 Tickets, only 1 but the contest is giving away 2 tickets. I wonder if I can still try to win? thoughts?

The iPad lottery ended with the European leg of the tour (unless there's a US date with general admission....?). As almost all of the venues in the US are allocated seating, no one is lining up for hours on end to get the best position, so there's no need for the iPad lottery. Guy has been giving away random pairs of GT passes for a while, and I think Ticketmaster gave some away, too. Other than that, though, the only way of getting in is to win the Icon contest (unless you're ridiculously lucky on the night and Guy likes you/feels sorry for you!). They're giving away around 100 pairs per show to Icon members. In Europe, they generally only gave away 10 pairs per show to Iconers, with the bulk of the rest being allocated via the lottery.

Oh right, thanks!

I have a ticket for the Oct 10th concert in Los Angeles, but part of the rules for the Icon Contest says: - Both contest entrant and his/her guest must already have a valid ticket .

I do not have 2 Tickets, only 1 but the contest is giving away 2 tickets. I wonder if I can still try to win? thoughts?

You should be fine, I only have a single ticket as well...

Guest Not4Pussies

me too!! good luck!!

You should, worst case scenario, you will be given only 1 access to the golden triangle for you i guess ?

• 2 weeks later...

you can still enter the contest. and just put "No Guest". keep checking the Madonna.com website to see when they post the contest on the site. I entered for Atlantic City and it was posted on Sept. 10. And everyone that entered got an email if they won yesterday.

Guest xstaticboy

Hello... I'm going to the NYC show (13th Nov) alone, and i'm gonna try to have my GT access... if anyone goes alone to this show and want to join me for the contest, let me know !!!!

I bought a 2nd pair of tickets through Stubhub - so obviously those tickets have someone else's name printed on them. Can I still use them to enter the Golden Triangle Icon contest (since they are now mine?)

I bought a 2nd pair of tickets through Stubhub - so obviously those tickets have someone else's name printed on them. Can I still use them to enter the Golden Triangle Icon contest (since they are now mine?)

I will be doing the same. So don't you have a receipt or something. I don't think they pay much mind to what the paper says...you'll have to present with it to pick up the GT tickets in any case.

I don't really know how stubhub works, so why do the tickets have the other person's name on them? Do you get an invoice or something confirming the transfer to your name?

When I won passes in Denmark, I was told that my "+1" and I both had to show our tickets and photo ID to collect the wristbands, but when we showed up, they just wanted to see my ID and then they gave me an envelope with my name on it. No one else would have been able to collect the envelope for me, though, so they're still ensuring that whoever wins the passes is at least at the venue. It was an American lady, too (i.e. it wasn't a local staff member) - we had to go to the "Friends and Family" counter. My "+1" and I felt very special :thumbsup:

Good luck to San and anyone else trying to GT wristbands!

I think you print off the receipt. I don't think they really care....they're just looking to fairly distribute GT tickets to fan club members and the photo is just a formality. Obviously if you faked it you wouldn't get the tickets when you go to collect them.

Question: what if you bought 3 tickets? So it would be you + 2? Can't enter the contest?

My friend just won GT tix yesterday through ticketmaster... Three weeks ago, he told me he was considering selling his tickets because "the reviews weren't good enough." Goes to show just how unfair life can be.

Question: what if you bought 3 tickets? So it would be you + 2? Can't enter the contest?

My friend just won GT tix yesterday through ticketmaster... Three weeks ago, he told me he was considering selling his tickets because "the reviews weren't good enough." Goes to show just how unfair life can be.

You can enter the contest but if you win you are getting 2 tickets.