2013Grammy Competition

Mat.Guy

I think Masterpiece would garner her some serious nominations:

her best vocal ballad in years (not a huge hit but hey Sunny came home won the record and song of the year too...) and seriously, TAB was robbed... since its written by her, julie frost and jimmy harry, the recording academy might award them too... :) to contend for the song of the year... i would rather her take the song of the year honors (for her as a song writer) and to validate her as a song writer... (and of course julie frost and jimmy harry)

further more, in the past, record and song of the year goes more to movie themes.... like the body guard (though song of the year was not awarded to bodyguard), change the world by eric platon (for phenomenon)...

but the disadvantage is Masterpiece was not released as a single thus it might have some disadvantage on radio exposure but on the other hand, since it had won the best song golden globe, chances are equally as good.

wouldn't you think so too? :)

UPDATED NOMINATION FROM LOOMITA'S ORIGINAL LIST:

* Best Blue-Grass Recording - "Give me All Your Luvin'"

* Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals - "Give me All Your Luvin'"

* Best Pop Collaboration without Vocals - "Give me All Your Luvin'"

* Best Piece of Shit - "Give me All Your Luvin'"

Guest bluejean

I think Masterpiece would garner her some serious nominations:

her best vocal ballad in years (not a huge hit but hey Sunny came home won the record and song of the year too...) and seriously, TAB was robbed... since its written by her, julie frost and jimmy harry, the recording academy might award them too... :) to contend for the song of the year... i would rather her take the song of the year honors (for her as a song writer) and to validate her as a song writer... (and of course julie frost and jimmy harry)

further more, in the past, record and song of the year goes more to movie themes.... like the body guard (though song of the year was not awarded to bodyguard), change the world by eric platon (for phenomenon)...

but the disadvantage is Masterpiece was not released as a single thus it might have some disadvantage on radio exposure but on the other hand, since it had won the best song golden globe, chances are equally as good.

wouldn't you think so too? :)

In what universe or planet?

Best trio: GMAYL

Best childrens song: GMAYL

Best single: GMAYL

Best compaign for an album: MDNA

Best exposure for an album: MDNA

Wisest selection of singles: MDNA

Best producer: Solveig

Most sucessful international album in UK: MDNA

ZZZZZZZZZ....

Veteran act - check!

"Hip" new act for the youngsters - check!

Black act - check!

Alternative act - check!

Honestly is there anything more predictable and boring than the Grammy awards?

Official Madonna Grammy submissions

Album of the Year - MDNA

Pop Album - MDNA

Record of the Year - Girl Gone Wild

Song of the Year - Girl Gone Wild

Best Pop Solo - Girl Gone Wild

Pop Duo - Give Me All Your Luvin (with Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.)

Nothing in dance, but that category has changed a lot last year and for whatever reason doesn't allow/nominate pop artists anymore. She also didn't summit Masterpiece anywhere (it would have been a better choice for Record, Song and Pop Solo than GGW and weird she didn't summit it in the "Song written for Visual Media" category after the Globe win)

Outside of Pop Album and Pop Duo, the others I think are almost impossible to get the nomination.

Edited by Beastialg

Masterpiece would have been a much better and safer submission than GGW. What were they thinking?

My thoughts exactly. I suppose there could be an outside chance for Pop Album. I won't hold my breath.

They didn't submit any remixes??

I think the dance/remix categories are now off limits to pop artists. I think they changed the rule this year to allow more underground dance acts to win. At least, that is what I read.

I think the dance/remix categories are now off limits to pop artists. I think they changed the rule this year to allow more underground dance acts to win. At least, that is what I read.

It was changed last year and some artists like Britney, Rihanna, Katy, Ke$ha and a lot more weren't allow to summit in the dance categories. Don't know what they consider a "Pop artist" and "Dance artist" since someone like Robyn was still able to summit there (and was nominated in a group full of DJ's). Still, "MDNA" is a pop album so is rightly summited in Pop. Remix categories are only for the DJ/remixers. No nominatios for Madonna there for sure.

And also interesting she didn't summit in the short video category. "GMAYL" was a really solid video and might have been a good chance for a nomination too.

by their logic all pop black artist should be banned getting nom in any rnb and rap categories.

and the other way round..its the reason some of them have like 50 awards..

Who is responsible for the submissions? Interscope? If so, they're worse than WBR in this department....

Masterpiece deserves a Soundtrack or something submission...

and I do agree that Girl Gone Wild is such a silly choice for Record or Song of the Year...

GMAYL would have been even sillier.

gawd that never crossed my mind as i was writing that... MASTERPIECE is what's stuck in me... Her pop vocals there is great... She can perform it live...

gawd that never crossed my mind as i was writing that... MASTERPIECE is what's stuck in me... Her pop vocals there is great... She can perform it live...

I'm not sure, but...has Masterpiece actually been released in the US? Cause if it hasn't then that would explain why it wasn't submitted.

Official Madonna Grammy submissions

Album of the Year - MDNA

Pop Album - MDNA

Record of the Year - Girl Gone Wild

Song of the Year - Girl Gone Wild

Best Pop Solo - Girl Gone Wild

Pop Duo - Give Me All Your Luvin (with Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.)

Nothing in dance, but that category has changed a lot last year and for whatever reason doesn't allow/nominate pop artists anymore. She also didn't summit Masterpiece anywhere (it would have been a better choice for Record, Song and Pop Solo than GGW and weird she didn't summit it in the "Song written for Visual Media" category after the Globe win)

Outside of Pop Album and Pop Duo, the others I think are almost impossible to get the nomination.

No Masterpiece!? :doh: