2013Grammy Competition

Mat.Guy

So, the deadline of 2013 Grammy Award is near as all competitors must be released between October 1, 2011 and September 31, 2012. The question is "Will MDNA stand a chance?", and by that I mean in all eligible categories. What tracks do you think will be remembered?

The Academy doesnt choose by commercial success, only by quality (cof cof... thats what they say in the rules...). We all know our dear Madonna is VERY overlooked by them in the albums categories. But I noticed they always have a very special place for her on the Best Dance Recording (this category exists since 1998 and she leads with five nominations: Ray of Light, Die Anoher Day, Get Together, Give It 2 Me and Celebration). Will Girl Gone Wild or I'm Addicted stand a chance?

But what about the ALBUM? MDNA was very appreciated by critics throughout the world. I made a list of the most "dangerous" competition she will face. Its in chronological order. Please add or exclude your thoughts.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Noel Gallagher

Mylo Xyloto - Coldplay

Stronger - Kelly Clarkson

Ceremonials - Florence + The Machine

Take Care - Drake

Up All Night - One Direction

Talk That Talk - Rihanna

Born To Die - Lana Del Rey

A Different Kind of Truth - Van Halen

Our Version Of Events - Emeli Sandé

Some Nights - fun.

Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen

MDNA - Madonna

Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - Nicki Minaj

Love Is A Four Letter Word - Jason Mraz

Blunderbuss - Jack White

Believe - Justin Bieber

Overexposed - Maroon 5

Living Things - Linkin Park

The Midsummer Station - Owl City

ORA - Rita Ora*

The Truth About Love - Pink*

Push and Shove - No Doubt*

*Speculation: They weren't released yet.

As great as MDNA is, I believe the dance category is the only place we'll be seeing her nominated this time around. It really is a shame considering some of the albums that were nominated for album of the year last year.

I think it deserves to be nominated for best pop album at least, but I doubt it'll even get recognized in that category either.

Album of the year? Hardly. The dance category really fits GGW though but im not expecting it this time. She will most likely be completely ignored.

What about "Masterpiece"? Maybe Best Pop Vocal by a Female or Best Song From Motion Picture (do they have that category)? That would be lovely. :inlove:

And Best Dance Recording for "Girl Gone Wild" (or one of its remixes)

And Best Electronic Album for MDNA

There you have it then. 3-4 nominations! :wow:

They really screwed with her that year. So many nominations, she opened the show and she had the best seats in the house in the audience which for most people meant she was going to win but she never left her seat all night. Is it true she actually left?

Oh well. At least she holds no grudge because she returned to perform "Hung Up" and completely ruined Mumu's day in the sun :rotfl:

"She's a legend. She's been around a long time. And I'm happy for her". Oh MUMU!!!

I think these albums have a bigger chance in the album of the year category:

Ceremonials - Florence + The Machine

Born To Die - Lana Del Rey

Blunderbuss - Jack White

Take Care - Drake

Some Nights - fun

A Different Kind of Truth - Van Halen

MDNA - Madonna

Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen

Guest bluejean

"I'm happy for her" said through gritted teeth.

The album won't receive many, if any nominations. The Grammy's is all about popularity now. I expect to see One Direction in numerous categories. Not even kidding.

Potential noms can always include the top 3 categories + pop album + dance recording + dance/electronic album + best song + best soundtrack + recording package + short form music video...

let's hope masterpiece, girl gone wild or turn up the radio could get those...

oh yeah, pop duo or group for GMAYL.... that would be great too...

to add on, is should be a great one for M.... *fingers crossed*

What about the "performance factor". I've been feeling in a couple of years now. It seems they nominate some people just to have them performing at the show and increase ratings. And Madonna proved to America that she still increases viewers numbers with her interviews pre-Super Bowl, do you remember? And of course the SB itself!

I know maybe its my wishful thinking, but I do miss an award performance. The last one was SIX years ago on the grammys! My favorite part is at the end of her performance when they show all the wannabes with "Oh that bitch is the best, wish I was good as her" look in their faces.

to break down: (my dreamy thoughts,,, I HOPE!!!)

record of the year - masterpiece

album of the year - mdna

song of the year - masterpiece

best pop performance - masterpiece

best pop album - mdna

best pop duo/group - GMAYL

best dance recording - GGW

best dance/electronic album - mdna

best song - masterpiece

best soundtrack - masterpiece

best recording package - mdna

best music video - GGW/turn up the radio/or Super Bowl???

best remixed recording...

Potential noms can always include the top 3 categories + pop album + dance recording + dance/electronic album + best song + best soundtrack + recording package + short form music video...

let's hope masterpiece, girl gone wild or turn up the radio could get those...

oh yeah, pop duo or group for GMAYL.... that would be great too...

to add on, is should be a great one for M.... *fingers crossed*

What kind of drugs are you on? This album is going to get the American Life treatment at the awards...MAYBE one nomination for a remix and then NO win.

^ I said its a dreamy thought brother!!!

Fair enough. I can't blame you for dreaming for the Queen.

If anything, I do think the Offer Nissim remix of "Turn Up the Radio" should get nominated for best remix. It truly is a work of vibrancy.

well If any, I think it will be a remix or album packaging which both will go to the remixer or the designer NOT Madonna herself.

They love to snub her, you know..

Best Dance Recording - Girl Gone Wild

Best Electronic/Dance Album - MDNA

Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media - W.E

Best Song Written for Visual Media - Masterpiece

I think these are the categories in which she stands a REAL chance of being nominated and winning. In the Best Dance Recording category there will be many younger artists so I think she'll only be nominated. Had she released I'm Addicted, it would have been all her's. The soundtrack category is all about the composer (i.e. Abel) so it won't be her award.

Guarantee that Gotye slays all in this, I'm thinking a shoo in for song and record of the year for starters.

But that's about it. Ok, maybe a pop duo/group nomination and a best video nomination too.

It's going to be all about Somebody That I Used To Know vs. Call Me Maybe :queenbitch:

I don't think she'll get any nominations in the big 4. I hope they put MDNA in the dance category and she gets nominated for Best Dance Track or Dance Album.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

I think Lana Del Rey might dominate this year. She is the only big seller so far in 2012 that even seems remotely like something the NARAS people go for. The Boss might get some recognition for sure.

I suppose Madonna might do alright in the Dance categories since she isn't likely to have much competition in that arena with Gaga and Britters not having much eligible this year. Rhianna could be a threat here.

The rules for Best Song Written for Visual Media are more lenient than the Oscars, so she may very well get a nomination for "Masterpiece." I wasn't thinking about that. Her Golden Globe win may be a little to distant in the voters' memories by then, but "Beautiful Stranger" won long after the fact and it never got a Globe.

I'll do some dreaming....I would be elated if she won Best Dance Album, Offer Nissim won Best Remix for "TUTR" and "Masterpiece" won Best Song Written for Visual Media.

What's annoying is that these awards are never about the music even though they claim to be.

Well it's not annoying it's just the fact of the matter. That's why awards mean nothing really - and Madonna has always known that. Of course it's nice to win the big ones (Grammys, Oscars, Golden Globes) but generally they don't really do much for an artist's career. What does that mean even? Like, if you win a Grammy then your next album will be better? Of course not!

IT's the same with all awards and prizes to be honest. I mean, I gave a talk a few months ago at a science conference and I won a prize. What does that mean? Nothing really.

And yes I am the Madonna of my community. Yeah we can do anything. YEAHHH! We are one!