Can any of the tracks off MDNA compete with madonnas classics?

drunkbysix

Gang Bang, Love Spent, and Beautiful Killer had they been given a proper spotlight, could have been breakthrough singles for Madonna. Instead they went for safe. I do love Girl Gone Wild and Turn Up The Radio tho, and even have a soft spot for GMAYL. So whateva.

"Gang Bang" for sure. It's no "Vogue," but it's definitely up there with her more interesting album tracks.

"I'm Addicted" is up there with "Impressive Instant" IMO.

"Love Spent" is definitely up there with some of her more personal songs.

"Turn Up the Radio" is pretty anonymous, but if it had been the lead single and became a hit, I could see it being considered worthy of a spot next to "Holiday," etc.

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Gang Bang

3. I'm Addicted

4. Turn up the Radio

5. Give me All Your Luvin'

6. Some Girls

7. Superstar

8. I Don't Give A

9. I'm a Sinner

10. Love Spent

11. Masterpiece

12. Falling Free

13. Beautiful Killer

14. I Fucked Up

15. Best Friend

16. B'Day Song

16. Give me All Your Luvin' (LMFAO Remix)

17. Love Spent (Acoustic)

:) :) :)

No "classics" that will be remembered by the general public, but there are a few "Madonna classics" on there....

Gang Bang

I'm Addicted

Love Spent

Falling Free

are the ones that stick out most to me.

Yes those would sound great next to her classics (some are even better!):

I'm Addicted

Turn up the Radio

Some Girls

Love Spent

Beautiful Killer

Guest bluejean

Gang Bang only.

I also think Masterpiece is great, could have fitted on Ray of Light. But I wouldn't say its an absolute classic.

Yes, Love Spent and Falling Free, but also Gang Bang as it is so different than anything she has done before. My MDNA favourite still is I'm addicted, though not sure if it could be considered as classic someday.

MDNA could have been such an amazing first single with some epic remixes and an amazing club video.

Gang Bang is definitely a striking song that would have made a great second single.

I do think that TUTR could fit in with mid-eighties Madonna although I'm not a huge fan of it.

"Gang Bang" is it.

Unfortunately, it will lack ICONIC status to the public because she had to go with a tame piece of LAME for the Super Bowl (although that whole TV performance rocked). I am convinced to this day that "Gang Bang" should've been the lead single for this project. It encompasses her anger and rage at her marriage and it is savage. The video could've been amazing and stood the test of time with her greatest works. It would've shot her out of the cannon and caused a proper controversy. I don't care how high it would've charted on the Hot 100. This song was her crossing the bridge of marriage and then burning the whole fucking thing down. Next!

"Love Spent" is possible, but I have decided the only "classic" part is that explosion of creamy pop jizz when the entire song changes midway through and she ascends to the heavens to sing, "Love spent, yeah I'm love spent - wondering where the love went". The whole thing should be more that style. Although, I do love the banjo entrance.

I like "I'm Addicted" but it's just too bizarre and disjointed to be a classic Madonna track. That doesn't mean I don't love it though.

None, maybe Girl Gone Wilde, but not too much in fact. BTW I spent my holiday in Mykonos (I know), and GGW was played at least 3 times per night, standard & concert remix (with the chant)

Gang Bang and I'm Addicted will remain fan favorites for a long long time. Kinda like Impressive Instant, people will moan how they made a mistake not releasing them or shooting videos for them. But the general public will not remember any songs in the long run, so no 'real' classics here.

There is also lots of love for Love Spent and the ballads. The only track that I see as a future classic in gay clubs is GGW.

Gang bang

Girl gone wild

Some girls

Beautiful killer

Masterpiece

Falling free

Love Spent

Turn up the radio

I'm addicted

They might haven't been big hits like lots of her classics but still rank high on my personal faves :Disco_Ball:

It's not a matter of having a chance- if the tracks are good, they're good.

"Love Spent" and "Falling Free" seem like classic Madonna. Some others may have classic Madonna elements, but as a whole, they kinda fall short when compared to the best classics.

"Gang Bang" is a very cool song, and definitely one of her more interesting tracks, but ranking up there with songs like "Vogue", "Like A Prayer" or "Holiday"? No.

Compete? No. Complement? Yes. Though I think I'm Addicted is in with a shout, along with a couple of others.

"I'm Addicted"? Really? I like the song and see people go on about it here, but I've always found it nothing special. But maybe that's because I'd heard a lot of Benassi's stuff before so it didn't stand out like "Gang Bang" or "Falling Free".

I think Gang Bang could be compared to Justify My Love. Both of them sound like nothing that radio was playing at the time, neither are conventional pop songs. If JML had been "just another single" that she threw out there (like Keep It Together) without much fanfare or a video, I doubt it would be seen as the classic it is today. I realize most don't hold it up there with LAP or Vogue but it is a classic in it's own right, even if it's just for the video alone. I think the same thing could've happened with GB if it had a great video attached with it, although unlike JML I don't think it would've been a BB Hot 100 number one.