Can any of the tracks off MDNA compete with madonnas classics?

drunkbysix

well I don't know you but in my all time Madonna top 10 there are 4 songs from MDNA(Some girls, Gang Bang, Beautiful Killer and Love Spent) and there's only 2 of her "classics" (Into the groove and La Isla Bonita)...I've never been so fond of her "classics" (such as LAV,LAP,Vogue, Holiday etc...) and I do reckon I started loving most of her work Since Erotica...and it's also kind of unfair to compare her "classics" with her latest work because she was in her peak when all that thunder of "Classics" appeared... for instance, Katy Perry's California Gurls or E.T. are considered "classics" in her catalogue because they reached number 1 on the charts and had high sales etc and 20 years from here they will be called "classics" and her future current work won't because she won't be on the charts or sell millions by then and who knows how the "new music" will sound like, maybe there will be some kind of Yoko Ono style filling the charts...lol

Like Charles, 4 MDNA songs are in my all-time Madonna favorites.

Particularly, Beautiful Killer and Love Spent, which to me represent Madonna at her best.

:sassy:

guys did you notice that we all think the same about the same songs???? BK, GB, LS, FF... Yes, i think those songs will be loved and remembered. Ok, it's time i make my own MDNA in my mobile, deleting those songs i don't like much and enjoying those great tracks. After the horrible summer i had, i think the main reason i'm not listening to Madonna much is because of me.

Masterpiece will always be remembered as an award winning song.

Not really. No one gives a shit about the GGs. Heck even the Oscars "song" winners aren't remembered, it's an irrelevant minor category. More accurately people will always be remembered it's an award winning song, cause they certainly won't without being prompted unless they're a Vadge loon. In fact, what DID make it memorable for good or bad was Elton and his facial expression. :sneaky:

• 2 weeks later...

I put the album on tonight as I was driving back in the pitch dark with the rain - Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Some Girls, I'm A Sinner are just superb tracks. Great for dark, moody driving. I was loving it.

This is a great album that was sold short! I'm Addicted in a club would be epic!!!!!!!!

Well...

Gang Bang is really a song that bothers me: if you describe it to me before I listen I would say "WOW,Madonna is showing all her power again,finally",but really listening to it I can't feel the song,if you know what I mean. It seems so forced to happen based on her old formulas and I agree with Mika when he says that Gang Bang is called Gang Bang due the amount of people envolved in the production,which leave it without a identity. I enjoy this song,ok,but will never be a classic for me,it will be like a Skin or Sky Fits Heaven.

Beautiful Killer is great,I adore it,but it's not above Madonna's quality standard,so I would say it's one of the golden,but not classic tracks.The same to I Fucked Up.

Falling Free,Love Spent and Masterpiece: now we have the jewels.Those three songs have the soul that her most beautiful songs have (like Paradise,Sanctuary,Easy Ride,etc) and each one has its merits. In FF we see a more introspective and reflexive Madonna with a string set and a breathtanking sing and I knew it would be a brilliant song since the tracklist was revealed. Love Spent is a unobvious and full of surprise track and also a honest one. Added the live performace,it's a milestone in her life and career. And for last,Masterpiece,the so-called "song about love",one of her best "songs about love" ever. Which made it totally are the lyrics,with the Art references and the perfect metaphor of to love and not being loved back.Whoever that ever been in this position knows the truth in this song.

MDNA has other cool songs,but just "cool",nothing else, and of course some of her worst songs ever,which there's no needing for metion.

1. Girl Gone Wild - guilty pleasure...fierce video and tour performance!

2. Gang Bang - what, you need a reason?

3. I'm Addicted--yes, in the vein of Impressive Instant, Future Lovers, Skin

5. Give Me All Your Luvin' --LUV it!!

9. I'm a Sinner - very much Music Era Orbit

10. Love Spent - needs to be a single

13. Beautiful Killer - fucking CLASSIC MADONNA