NYC YANKEE STADIUM - SEPTEMBER 6 (we're dying right now)

Ai Papi Si.

Oh and btw I have been documenting my trip via video and although the 9/6 show was too wild for me to get a lot of video, I did film the epic I Don't Give A ascension.

I will edit all the clips together and post my video as part of my review.

:popcorn2:

Glenn Close just posted some pics of her at show last night and the flowers she sent backstage and said "she's the most amazing performer in the planet...ive never missed a show since 1993 and I'm going back tomorrow and the garden in November where it all began for me!"

where was this posted??????????????????

• 2 years later...
Guest Rocco Papa

I wanted to dig up this thread to share my experience with you guys. Here are the pics I took:

33ffc0j.jpg

rvfvkk.jpg

2la7qkw.jpg

I didn't take any of the show, because my phone is old and the quality is really crappy.

As I was waiting in line to hand in my ticket, I saw Billy Eichner from the Conan show off to the side filming his segment. I met some nice fans before the show too. The girl in front of me was wearing an "Italians do it better" shirt. I tried my best to avoid spoilers before the show. I remember the opening felt like it took forever!! I couldn't wait for the moment where she stepped on stage! I enjoyed the entire first section, especially Gang Bang. The screens on Vogue reminded me of the Super Bowl performance. I also remembered how she said she wanted to have a drum line descending from the ceiling at the Super Bowl but wasn't able to, so I thought it was cool that she included that in the show too. I appreciated how she kept most of the early hits true to their original arrangements. The updated ones had to grow on me, though. I remember thinking the new version of Open Your Heart was pretty boring and I thought Like a Virgin was just... bad. But now I love both of em! Maybe I should've gotten familiar with the show prior. Oh well. My favorite part of the show was Candy Shop, particularly when she sang a bit of Erotica. She brought Dita back!!! During the song, these two hot guys in front of me took their shirts off. I also noticed that the lyrics were being shown on the screens on the upper level seats. The Nobody Knows Me video gave me goosebumps. As someone who dealt with anti-gay bullying and looked to Madonna for courage and confidence, I loved that she payed tribute to the young boys who committed suicide. The show ended with Celebration and when it was over, I overheard someone say, "I could've done without that last song" as the stadium was clearing out.

The one thing that thoroughly bummed me out was my seat. I'm not used to seeing concerts at such big places, so I expected to be pretty close since I was on the field. I didn't realize I was going to be so far away from the stage. It was especially frustrating whenever she walked onto the triangle. Even though I'm a tall guy, people would be blocking my view when she was on the triangle and I had to stand on my tippy toes. The most comfortable I was the whole night was when she did I'm A Sinner, because she was on an elevated platform. I know I could've looked up at the screen (which I was forced to do quite a bit during the show) but when I go to a concert, I like to feel like I'm watching the show in person, not just watching a video. Honestly, if I had known I was going to be so far away, I would've preferred a mid level seat. At least then I would've had a better view.

But it was a great show and I'm really glad I went. Especially since I wasn't old enough to go to Blond Ambition or Girlie Show. I feel like with MDNA, she brought those looks/characters back and did it in a new way. It really felt like a classic Madonna show.