Philadelphia Aug. 28th USA!!!

IslandBreeze

Anyone see this show who saw it in Europe? Are the screens actually smaller? In some pictures they look smaller even though they're supposed to be exactly the same everywhere (it's just the frame that's bigger, or rather, present, at stadium shows).

Yeah I got this arena stage in Birmingham the 'tellytubbies' stage. Its still fucking huge but smaller than the stadium stage. x

I seriously need a better camera for this sort of thing.

Me Too! But I will post what I have!

For me the best moment of the night was when she was walking down the side of the triangle during Human nature she stopped right in front of me and looked into my eyes I was in shock, looking into her eyes was overwhelming, I am not sure was even breathing during those few seconds. Queen Of Life!!!!!!!!!!!

mdna1t.jpg

mdna2.jpg

mdna3.jpg

My review of the show. I was lucky enough to be invited by a friend to be her guest for the Golden Triangle.

The cons:

Atrocious opening act.

The long long long long wait & the stress that we still had to drive back to NYC & be at work the next day. I know there's an explanation & she apologized but that didn't take away from the impatience, anxiety & discomfort she put us through.

Hung Up. Don't like the arrangement & the performance was too murky. The darkness & heaviness of the performance just didn't match the lightness of the lyrics. Ring ring goes the telephone... C'mon now.

The pros:

The Golden Triangle. OMG it was amazing how much room everyone had to move around. Compared to the RIT pit where you could hardly raise your hand, this pit was incredible. Best of all, of course, was to be that close to Madonna. I have to say though & I don't mean this in a negative way that it was evident that Madonna is showing signs of age on her face. All this talk of cosmetic procedures and yet she looks like herself, only older. She is not as botoxed up as before & you could really appreciate all the emotional expressions on her face...sadness, rage, joy. But her body is another story. This woman of 54 has ZERO cellulite, sexier than most 20 yr olds, really a physical marvel.

The opening. I would put this on the same level as Confessions as her best opening ever. While Confessions had more of an immediate & singular, powerful WOW factor, this one had more of a build-up, anticipation & drama. The WOW factors are the amazing choreography, the movement of the stage, the incredible backdrop video & lighting & how gorgeous & sexy Madonna looked. Let me say it again...WOW!

The rest of the show. Except for Hung Up, the rest of the show is close to perfection. In my opinion, the best choreography, production, staging, backdrop videos & dancers she has ever had of all her tours. It is a show to be seen up close and also from a distance. Truly a top of the line spectacle. The production value of this show makes the other shows I've seen lately look like high school productions. There is only one standard Madonna's show can be compared to & that's her standard. Standouts: GGW, GB, EY, GMAYL, JML, Vogue, Candy Shop, LAV, I'm Addicted, LAP & Celebration.

Madonna. Her boundless energy is superhuman. Her singing. First of all, there are quite a number of songs where she is clearly singing live without or very minimal help of prerecorded vocals (as far as I could tell)...Gang Bang, PPDP, I Don't Give A.., Express Yourself, TUTR, OYH, Masterpiece, Candy Shop, Human Nature, LAV, I'm a Sinner & LAP. But even those with noticeable precorded vocals, from the pit, I could clearly hear her live vocals (except for Vogue) & for the most part, she sounded great last night. The emotion. Having been to all her tours except for the first one, I think this is the show where Madonna is most invested in emotionally...the anguish, the anger, the joy, every emotion...you can see it all in her face.

An incredible show in all aspects. It's up there with Confessions as my favorite show but this is only my first show plus the long wait took a little away from my enjoyment. I have 4 more to go. Who knows, this could end up on top.

Trivia: Rocco is adorable & so into it. Brahim is good looking but looks really young. Her dancer Adrien looks yummy. The majorette costume doesn't look bad at all live. It's the make-up during this section that's bad. And I like her speech last night...to the point & not too preachy.

Seems like bitch gave an incredible show! I get a feeling that the US is much more receptive to her and will appreciate the effort she put into it. Well done MADONNA!

I'm so happy for everyone that went and had a great time! Thanks for posting the pictures and videos. They have all been awesome!!

This Philly thread is so refreshing and positive compared to most of the threads for the other stops of the tour so far. No doubt, we will get some bad reviews at some point but this confirms the feeling I had all along.....Madonna needed to bring this show home. I knew it would be appreciated here....how could it not? It's a true work of art.

Glad you had such a great time Scrappy, cool pics too!!

But whats with those people standing still in the GT?!

Thanks Hyper.

We were transfixed by her beauty!

Seems like bitch gave an incredible show! I get a feeling that the US is much more receptive to her and will appreciate the effort she put into it. Well done MADONNA!

Elated that the reviews for her first North America show have been good. Her Superbowl spectacle certainly opened a lot of US eyes to what a great performer she is and has probably helped fuel positivity towards the MDNA show.

Awesome pics and writeups from all who went to this show. Thanks!

sorry if I missed the post saying exactly what im asking; but have any of the early fans seen her rehearse? im curious if this will just be a europe thing or if she may bring it to the other continents as well.

sorry if I missed the post saying exactly what im asking; but have any of the early fans seen her rehearse? im curious if this will just be a europe thing or if she may bring it to the other continents as well.

Just a Europe thing would be my opinion on that cause word has it she was still rehearsing until 15 til 7 before doors opened.

I have to say this show is among her best, but judging by the press reviews I have a feeling Europe is fed up with her (at least some countries) and USA rediscovers its love for her. I dont understand how you can not be blown away by this show.