Philadelphia Aug. 28th USA!!!

IslandBreeze

So, I've got tickets to Philly and I am really anxious to find out if there will be any changes. I really would like Love Spent. Does anyone think she'll change anything like costumes, hair, songs, interludes?? Oh, and who's going? Do you think there will be a lot of press since it's the first show in America?

I can assure you she will add it. This is one the week break between Europe and USA and she said "maybe we'll add it later, we just didn't have time to rehearse it..." I think this week she'll add it.

I think she may re-edit the nkm backdrop at least.

Why?! I'd be SOOO pissed...unless she adds Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan!! I'd love that!

Dd you post that girl gone wild he sound video?

:( Wish i was going.

Philly crowds are the best!

Stop making me want to go! I'm already jealous as it is! Don't worry, NYC is right around the corner. Are NYC crowds better?

I will be there, too and can't wait! I've seen all of her shows since DWT in Philly, and while I wanted to go to NYC to see her for the first time in a stadium - just to experience that - I decided to stick with the first US show :-) There IS a Phillies game this night, too, so traffic could be a nightmare. I am staying in a hotel downtown and am hoping to take the metro down to the arena, but am concerned about getting back as I think the last train leaves the sports complex area at around 12:15 p.m., and I would certainly not want to get stuck there. Anybody from Philly have any thoughts on that?

So is anyone going to this: http://www.facebook.com/events/248571635245586/ An after party at Club XO on South Street. I've never been to XO before but this is the only official party that I have heard of. BTW, did Woody's really change locations? And are they having anything that night? Any other clubs doing anything special?

What about this: http://cblsltailgate-zvents.eventbrite.com/ A Madonna/Phillies tailgate - sounds interesting, but my friends and I were thinking of checking it out.

Thoughts on all of this??

I think the best way she won't get tired and bored of the extensive tour is to change some things.

I personally wish she changes the clothes from EY / GAYL

What's the capacity of the venue she's playing? Is it a sell out?

For the DWT, she played two dates, both sold out at 31,128, or 15,564 per show appox

For RIT, she played two dates, both sold out at 30,575, or 15,287 per show approx

For CT, she played two dates, both sold out at 29,749, or 14,874 per show approx

For SST, she played ONE date, sold out at 13,790

She's only playing one date again with the MDNA Tour, and with the stage arrangement, I would say somewhere between 13,500-14,500 tickets are being sold. How much bigger is this stage than the stages from her last tours?

Tickets for events at the Wells Fargo Center are NOT sold on ticketmaster. I went to the event page and attempted to purchase tickets...I couldn't even get ONE ticket on that web site, so it looks like it is sold out. However, there are about a gazillion tickets for this show on stub hub, so who knows!

Edited by kaw214

Guest pedrohdi

For the DWT, she played two dates, both sold out at 31,128, or 15,564 per show appox

For RIT, she played two dates, both sold out at 30,575, or 15,287 per show approx

For CT, she played two dates, both sold out at 29,749, or 14,874 per show approx

For SST, she played ONE date, sold out at 13,790

She's only playing one date again with the MDNA Tour, and with the stage arrangement, I would say somewhere between 13,500-14,500 tickets are being sold. How much bigger is this stage than the stages from her last tours?

Tickets for events at the Wells Fargo Center are NOT sold on ticketmaster. I went to the event page and attempted to purchase tickets...I couldn't even get ONE ticket on that web site, so it looks like it is sold out. However, there are about a gazillion tickets for this show on stub hub, so who knows!

Thank you! I thought the venue was bigger! Why only a show? Is Philadelphia near other tour dates?

Thank you! I thought the venue was bigger! Why only a show? Is Philadelphia near other tour dates?

Yeah, it's a typical arena-sized venue, and yes, there are multiple shows that are relatively close to each other in the northeast area of the US - From Boston, New York, Philadelphia, to Washington DC...otherwise know as the Northeast Megaopolis, in which almost 50 million people live. She's also performing in Western PA and even Ohio, which honestly really surprised me since she hasn't played in those regions since the Virgin Tour (I think).

Guest pedrohdi

Yeah, it's a typical arena-sized venue, and yes, there are multiple shows that are relatively close to each other in the northeast area of the US - From Boston, New York, Philadelphia, to Washington DC...otherwise know as the Northeast Megaopolis, in which almost 50 million people live. She's also performing in Western PA and even Ohio, which honestly really surprised me since she hasn't played in those regions since the Virgin Tour (I think).

Thank you, that makes sense!

Ugh. Kicking myself that I'm not going, even though I could have ... if only she weren't doing this on a Tuesday night, for goodness' sake. It would have forced me to take two days off work to go. Oh well -- September and November aren't that far off!

She's also performing in Western PA and even Ohio, which honestly really surprised me since she hasn't played in those regions since the Virgin Tour (I think).

Yes, it's the first time she's performing in Pittsburgh since the Virgin Tour ... I'm 99% sure that's the case for Ohio, as well. It surprised me, too, especially since it was announced later than many of the other shows. But then, we do have a new arena, and the local media has been reporting for almost a decade that our city was getting overlooked on some major artists' tours because the outdated arena (which has now been demolished) couldn't "handle the tonage" ( :chuckle: ) of modern tours with their heavy backdrop screens and stages. (They cited Paul McCartney, I recall, but it made me wonder if Madonna would have considered coming back if the arena would be up-to-standard. Apparently so!)

Hello.. :)

My first post in these forums and this will also be my first time in Philly for the show. Any ideas on where to go after? Club XO didn't have anything listed. And is a cab the best mode of transportation from Rittenhouse Square?

I'm beyond excited!

You can take a cab or hop on the Broad Street line, it will take you straight to the Wells Fargo Center.

Voyeur, which is off of Saint James Street (right between Walnut & Locust), is having an after party which you can get into for free if you have your MDNA ticket stub.

Guest Not4Pussies

as much as I want her to change it up for the US leg and add Love Spent, I still want to see Masterpiece performed when I see her.

Hello.. :)

My first post in these forums and this will also be my first time in Philly for the show. Any ideas on where to go after? Club XO didn't have anything listed. And is a cab the best mode of transportation from Rittenhouse Square?

I'm beyond excited!

Did you check this out? http://www.facebook.com/events/248571635245586/

XO is having something...and I think I'm going to check out Voyeur, too

Anyone going alone to this show?

I am..and I am about to enter ICONS contest(as it has been posted) as I have 5 M tats.

If anyone would like to go with me, then by all means...LET ME KNOW!!!

:smile:

as much as I want her to change it up for the US leg and add Love Spent, I still want to see Masterpiece performed when I see her.

I would love "Love Spent" being added, however I don't really care if she makes any changes. The show looks pretty kick-ass as is and I would feel like I was missing something that Europe got. I can't believe she's coming home! I am so excited. After all the shit storms in Europe, I hope she is welcomed back with open arms. I really can't wait for the NYC shows...I bet they will rock the house.

I would love "Love Spent" being added, however I don't really care if she makes any changes. The show looks pretty kick-ass as is and I would feel like I was missing something that Europe got. I can't believe she's coming home! I am so excited. After all the shit storms in Europe, I hope she is welcomed back with open arms. I really can't wait for the NYC shows...I bet they will rock the house.

As I have seen all her shows(since TVT) in NYC AND Philly, I must admit..PHILLY is much better. On S & S they hands down beat every night in NYC versus ONE night in Philly..PHILLY ROCKED IT!!!