Big, Fat Flop Tour

scrapple

Oh it's perfectly alright, dear. Of course you would assume that we got an actual full setlist like everywhere else (unless that Olympia thing counts :shock:). I haven't even heard this supposed new highlight Like a Virgin (can it really top the majestic Confessions version on the mechanical flying horse or whatever it was? Shorely not!).

I can't tell you how fuming I am about I'm Addicted being left off.. so I couldn't be bothered doing a review other than discussing it with people who asked. Pah! And I haven't even seen this Turn Up The Radio video, didn't even know it was out.. I thought people were talking about a tour interlude video, but then THAT wouldn't make sense.

WTF!?! You haven't even checked out on YouTube since you've seen the show?? AND you didn't know about the TUTR video?? OMG looms......loon card revoked!!

LAV MDNA and LAV CT are like apples and oranges really. I can't really say one is better than the other, they both provoke very different feelings despite being the same song. Also, LAV MDNA seems to have minor variations to it each stop whereas LAV CT was pretty much the same every stop.

OMG....I'm just shocked you haven't seen it yet! :)

Oops....lol....see, like my idol I FLOP at trying to be sarcastic even. :lol: Like Kim said....I'm getting my shows confused. It was the Dublin show where we had "insiders" visit us here at MNation just to let us know how it was half empty?? All the flops are blending together for me...it's hard to keep track.

Oops... I apologise. Sorry I thought you were slagging her :') I am new to this forum so don't know about your amazing sarcasm skills ;) I still haven't seen LAV either and I was GUTTED she skipped that and I'm Addicted. Damn curfews.

Edited by iainmdna

Guest Drowned Bedtime

Her career is over. Actually the show ends with "Into the groove" but nobody knows it since by Celebration everybody leave the show even M and her dancers.

:rotfl:

God this thread is the best.

Poor M... she should just quit now before she's forced to play in old, decrepit high school auditoriums.

:sassy:

Her career is over. Actually the show ends with "Into the groove" but nobody knows it since by Celebration everybody leave the show even M and her dancers.

:dead:

Oops... I apologise. Sorry I thought you were slagging her :') I am new to this forum so don't know about your amazing sarcasm skills ;) I still haven't seen LAV either and I was GUTTED she skipped that and I'm Addicted. Damn curfews.

It's ok! lol....I'm sorry you were deprived LAV and IA. :( LAV is one of the best performances she's ever done IMO. It's amazing to me how every performance of that song is so different and iconic.

Is this thread a joke? Regardless, it does seem like this tour isn't doing as well as S&S. Look at the end of this video and the crowd for S&S here is enormous. In the pics for MDNA in this thread — w/ the exception of the Zurich show — the crowds do appear much smaller. She had the stage much closer to one end of the stadium so it is really only half-full, if that. Listen, I take no pleasure in writing this. I want her to get that #1 slot over U2 but I'm just saying. She'll beat Lady Garbage I'm sure but I'm really starting to wonder if this tour will break S&S.

It's not a flop by any means. She's been around for so long and many others that were around when she started can't sellout a high school gymnasium today. She's still a major touring force but I'm .... concerned.

I'd call Lady Garbage out on this shit in a heartbeat, so it's only fair for M too.

[media=]

[/media]

Nice : (From Dr Lecter in the Nice show thread)

15510090-77F4-434A-9D22-417949FA262B-3013-0000019361625EBF.jpg

What a flop tour ! I mean it's pretty obvious these people were dragged there after being randomly chased in the streets by Madonna's staff and locked into the venue, guarded with rifles and machine guns. See how they are screaming "Get me out of here, please" i can read their lips in french "Laissez-moi partir d'ici !". In fact we all know that this golden circle thing is a trap where they put people so they can't go and leave the venues like all the others do. It's not a golden circle it's an anti floptour trap ! It's an ipad generated scheme .

I still can't believe how tiny the arena in Amsterdam was. Instead of rushing to the front and pushing my way through, I decided to get drunk with wine at the bar and was right at the end of the arena when the show started but she was still SO close. Everyone, also the seats, had a great view. I believe I will travel to Amsterdam again if she tours there.

Is this thread a joke? Regardless, it does seem like this tour isn't doing as well as S&S. Look at the end of this video and the crowd for S&S here is enormous. In the pics for MDNA in this thread — w/ the exception of the Zurich show — the crowds do appear much smaller. She had the stage much closer to one end of the stadium so it is really only half-full, if that. Listen, I take no pleasure in writing this. I want her to get that #1 slot over U2 but I'm just saying. She'll beat Lady Garbage I'm sure but I'm really starting to wonder if this tour will break S&S.

It's not a flop by any means. She's been around for so long and many others that were around when she started can't sellout a high school gymnasium today. She's still a major touring force but I'm .... concerned.

I'd call Lady Garbage out on this shit in a heartbeat, so it's only fair for M too.

[media=]

[/media]

It's not only a joke, it's ironic. As a fan I can honestly say that I am very happy that she toured some very small arenas this time because everyone had a great time and nobody could complain that the sound was awful or that they could not see her. I don't care if she breaks any more records, she has nothing to prove really.

I still can't believe how tiny the arena in Amsterdam was. Instead of rushing to the front and pushing my way through, I decided to get drunk with wine at the bar and was right at the end of the arena when the show started but she was still SO close. Everyone, also the seats, had a great view. I believe I will travel to Amsterdam again if she tours there.

And also the worst audiences yet according to her dancers...

Well we can safely say that Madge's Rainbow Tour of Europe has been an unqualified success! Full of fabulousness and controversy as any Madonna Tour should be.

Onwards and upwards to The Americas.....

Oh. Well then I don't really understand why they said that. I thought the audience was really good and into the show. Not sure about the audience at the second Amsterdam show. Could be that they were a little pissed because they had to endure this:

Oh. Well then I don't really understand why they said that. I thought the audience was really good and into the show. Not sure about the audience at the second Amsterdam show. Could be that they were a little pissed because they had to endure this:

I thought maybe they were just all standing around stoned :bad: Oh well, as long as you enjoyed it, that's all that matters!

Don't cry for Her Madgesty, Sloane. Since 2001, she's staged five tours- and still pulls= ahem- "acceptable" numbers. It's been explained in the Boxscore thread why some of the dates for this tour may have had less attendance, whatnot, than with the last tour.